Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing to consider is what does everyone think Jans is worth? Obviously it will have to be mostly donors funded. But are we "get him and only him at any cost"?

What if they can get the money, and it takes over 3 or 3.5 mil a year. Is Jans worth that right this moment?

Just food for thought. I would LOVE Jans for many reasons and would be super excited if he became our next coach. But at what cost? What is his market value?

I haven't really kept up with coaches salaries last few years. So maybe that is his value. He obviously proves he can turn teams around quickly. Can he have that success in the tourney is the next question.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Another thing to consider is what does everyone think Jans is worth? Obviously it will have to be mostly donors funded. But are we "get him and only him at any cost"?

What if they can get the money, and it takes over 3 or 3.5 mil a year. Is Jans worth that right this moment?

Just food for thought. I would LOVE Jans for many reasons and would be super excited if he became our next coach. But at what cost? What is his market value?
      Market value has always been what you are willing to give. It's only later if you find out if it was fair for both parties.

Comment

• Mississippi State head coach Chris Jans has been linked to the head coach opening at Wichita State, Stadium's Jeff Goodman reported.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Market value has always been what you are willing to give. It's only later if you find out if it was fair for both parties.
          Suppose you are right.

I guess I am just wondering. Do you pay a guy like Jans the same money as you were paying a guy like Marshall after the Final Four? It's been 10 years, so maybe salaries have increased that much. Wouldn't surprise me if they have.

But was just curious is all. I am good with just trying to get the best coach and best fit we can that we can afford. So whatever it takes is fine with me.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Pretty sure that was a troll post by him. He backtracked after the initial tweet.

Comment

Another thing to consider is what does everyone think Jans is worth? Obviously it will have to be mostly donors funded. But are we "get him and only him at any cost"?

I haven't really kept up with coaches salaries last few years. So maybe that is his value. He obviously proves he can turn teams around quickly. Can he have that success in the tourney is the next question.
              "Worth" gets complicated if you are paying for it with money you otherwise wouldn't have. From the sound of Taylor's article there is money available for Jans that wouldn't be available for anyone else.

Jans might be my #1 if we can pull it off. For 3 reasons:

1. He's proven to be successful at multiple stops

2. He is the most likely hire to excite the donor base.... The important donor base

3. If he leaves an SEC school for WSU, it means it's a destination job for him and hes unlikely to leave for 99.9% of jobs.

Comment

• This was based on a tweet later updated to say neither Jans nor Forbes were interested in leaving current gigs to go to Wichita State.

I believe this was an effort to poke fun and put WSU "back in its place" by doucheman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

This was based on a tweet later updated to say neither Jans nor Forbes were interested in leaving current gigs to go to Wichita State.

I believe this was an effort to poke fun and put WSU "back in its place" by doucheman.
                  I've seen others mention it as possible too. They could be just relying on ******* though. It's not far fetched though that if the RIGHT donors want Jans then money could be a driving factor for change for Jans

Comment

This was based on a tweet later updated to say neither Jans nor Forbes were interested in leaving current gigs to go to Wichita State.

I think it was just ******* trying to scoop everyone and look smart. Then realized he may be very wrong and tried to walk it back.

Regardless, money talks for a lot of people. And if donors are really ready to pony up like it sounds....then you probably make him say no.

Comment

With $2.4M per year sitting there, that is more than enough money for HCCJ. If he were here at $1.5M, that would have been enough.

FUDB.

The only thing that matters is how happy the family is in Starkville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"Worth" gets complicated if you are paying for it with money you otherwise wouldn't have. From the sound of Taylor's article there is money available for Jans that wouldn't be available for anyone else.

Jans might be my #1 if we can pull it off. For 3 reasons:

1. He's proven to be successful at multiple stops

2. He is the most likely hire to excite the donor base.... The important donor base

3. If he leaves an SEC school for WSU, it means it's a destination job for him and hes unlikely to leave for 99.9% of jobs.
                        I tend to lean this way as well. Was just some things I was thinking about. I am not a big donor. So my opinion doesn't matter anyway lol.

Comment

• FHCGM always said Jan's was the best bench coach at making in game decisions/changes.

Comment

• What perennial top-25 team would hire Sampson?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              What perennial top-25 team would hire Sampson?
                              I mean, if Kelvin wants to leave Houston I would take him...........

Lmao ;)

Comment

I mean, if Kelvin wants to leave Houston I would take him...........

Lmao ;)
                                Kelvin is going to Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X