Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Not meaning to be Mr. Buzzkill, but unless something really crazy, and I mean really crazy happens, it will not be CJ.
    Sorry about that fo those who are hanging their hat on him, but too many things are against it, including $$$.

WSU had their chance to get him 3 years ago. But a certain ex-AD decided against it. And the effects of having the wrong guy at the helm and his dynasty roll on.

That is all.
    Who would be your best guess on who it may end up being? Or will it come out of left field? Give us your opinion.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How could anyone forget where they were when we lost to that NIT qualifying powerhouse?
      I remember it as the night people walked out of the arena in silence, reminiscent of a funeral. Many never returned, even for the game against top 5 UH.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told The Eagle that Turgeon declined the job offer from WSU athletic director Kevin Saal on Sunday and has removed himself from consideration.
        I hope this is not true. This could be shaping up to be a **** show if it is.

Comment

• I said “talk to me Ross”…

He suggested this be reposted and recommended we pay attention to paragraphs 5 & 6…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How could anyone forget where they were when we lost to that NIT qualifying powerhouse?
            Oh, ok dingleberry. So ADKS had 4 months to contact all of his connections in the business? Got it. They don't call you dingleberry for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I hope this is not true. This could be shaping up to be a **** show if it is.
              If you read some of the comments from TE it paints a better picture, and more likely one, of what went down.

Turg is not coaching any time soon. Has nothing to do with Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Oh, ok dingleberry. So ADKS had 4 months to contact all of his connections in the business? Got it. They don't call you dingleberry for nothing.

Enough with the dingleberry schtick. It’s gotten old. We get that you don’t like fever.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                  Enough with the dingleberry schtick. It’s gotten old. We get that you don’t like fever.
                  I don’t think SBT likes anyone, but thankfully, the feeling is mutual.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• it really better be a good choice of a head coach. the shockers just went toe-to-toe with the #1 ranked team in the country, houston.. and toe-to-toe with the team that just beat houston in the aac championship game, memphis (best point guard in the country= tigers might do some damage in your bracket).. hell, probably played memphis even tougher than houston did in that aac championship game. (tulane played their game of the year against wsu).

we don't want a similar current shocker baseball story, sad as that is. lord forbid. gotta be a slam dunk hire. you know, he's had plenty of time to work on it behind the scenes. maybe calipari has given him some good advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

If you read some of the comments from TE it paints a better picture, and more likely one, of what went down.
                        Taylor is the one who started this.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation informed The Eagle that Turgeon has told others he has declined a job offer from WSU athletic director Kevin Saal on Sunday and has removed himself from consideration. The Eagle could not verify if the job had indeed been offered to Turgeon, but could confirm he is no longer being considered.
                        If he can't verify it, then why post it?

It not a good look for him to drop the bomb and then try to walk it back - if he doesn't think it true then why post it, unless he is just looking for gratuitous clicks or he want to be the Wichita Enquirer.

If it not true then my questions are:

1. How "knowledgeable" were his sources actually?

2. Or maybe what was his sources agenda?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Taylor is the one who started this.

If he can't verify it, then why post it?

It not a good look for him to drop the bomb and then try to walk it back - if he doesn't think it true then why post it, unless he is just looking for gratuitous clicks or he want to be the Wichita Enquirer.

If it not true then my questions are:

1. How "knowledgeable" were his sources actually?

2. Or maybe what was his sources agenda?
                          He is reporting what people told him. He can't report first-hand facts, he was not there. Seems like different people told him different things, which he mentions in the graph you quoted. Not sure what you want? That is a pretty normal thing when a reporter reports on something that is secretive in nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                            Dingleberry is just a synonym for 'Troll.' Hate ain't got nothing to do with it. It's what someone resorts to when she/it can't intelligently hold a conversation with someone who has a different opinion, even if it's factually based. I've seen it. You've seen it. So, either he/she can't debate in a proper fashion or he's off of his meds again and needs to get back on them. Or, better yet, he/she can do like doc does and ignore me if he, a) disagrees with what I post (even when I'm right), or, b) ignore the post if he/she can't just plain comprehend what was posted. ADKS better not screw this up...

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 15, 2023, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• So just out of curiousity, why the hate for DeVries and Richey? I’m all for Pat Kelsey as #1 but I’d also be happy with either of the first two. From what I’ve heard, sounds like we might have our guy lined up, just waiting for him to be done coaching. Press conference is planned just waiting for the date

Comment

• As a lifelong Shocker basketball fan who had the pleasure of cheering on 'the bookends' and the 'X-Man' as a junior high student in the 'Roundhouse,' I believe that A.D. Saal should seriously consider bringing back Gregg '3G' Marshall. It goes without saying that Marshall behaved like an arrogant, undisciplined brute and bully while he coached the Shockers! While everyone acknowledges this, we overlook the fact that the former W.S.U. Athletic Director and university administration shoulder a good portion of the blame for 3G's misdeeds. Based on my experience as an administrator and former high school coach, I believe that the more talented a person is, the more challenging it is going to be for them to reign in and control their impulses, pride, issues and demons. This is why it is crucial to employ supervisors who have mastered the 'art and science' of managing and handling 'the talent.' W.S.U.’s athletic director and university president did a 'piss poor' job of correcting, coaching, reprimanding and giving feedback to 3G when issues were occurring around the program (as well as on campus). As a result of the administrations lack of 'testicular fortitude,' there was a failure to 'check him' on minor things (which I believe eventually manifested into big things as he had more success). When Coach Marshall's misbehavior became public knowledge, W.S.U.'s administration got ‘caught with their pants down,' because they couldn’t articulate how they ‘managed’ him. If W.S.U. had reprimanded, fined, required counseling/ therapy sessions or suspended 3G, then I don't believe that his behavior would have continued to the level that it did. I also believe that the administration's inactivity placed them in a position whereby they felt like they had to fire him (to avoid being blamed and publicly exposed). Considering the failures of the former A.D. and W.S.U. administration, I feel that 3G has paid his dues to society. If he were rehired there could be stipulations which: (1.) require counseling, (2.) clearly define unacceptable behavior and related consequences (including termination) and (3.) require community service. The community service could include speaking to youth and community organizations about respect, character, values, anger management/ self control and other pertinent topics. Although 3G behaved like an undisciplined brute and bully, he is our brute and bully! At his age, he still has talent and gifts that can be used to make positive contributions to our community for numerous years to come. As a society, we can't afford to continue to just 'cancel' individuals as a result of their mistakes! Rehiring Gregg Marshall would allow him to (1.) continue what he started with Shocker basketball, (2.) 'make things right' in the community and within his spirit, (3.) receive the support that he needs and (4.) serve as an example of the power of redemption. #MTXE!

Comment

Working...
                                X