Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    So TE pretty much said MT is the leaker
    Sounds totally reasonable, if ADKS decided in Dec. of 2022 he was gonna' can the coach before the season was even over. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Nice to see more of the board coming around on Kelsey but I think he’s going to have his pick of almost whatever opening he wants. Richey or DeVries are probably more likely.
      I'd take whoever has the deeper tournament run, but, unfortunately, WSU ain't the only team making overture's for a HC. Might not get any 'em.

Comment

• All this guessing and speculating is fun, but all we can really do is watch for the white smoke.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          So TE pretty much said MT is the leaker
          Yep. If true, it was kind of a crappy thing for MT to do, in my view. When we have our real guy, the implication is, “Coach X is our guy, but if we’d had our druthers, we really would have wanted Turgeon.”

Comment

Richey or DeVries are probably more likely.
            That's the kind of letdown I'm worried about.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              KS: Hey Mark, it's Kevin. Listen, we may be looking to make a change at the HC position. I wanted to reach out and see if you'd be interested in getting back into coaching should we want to start negotiations with you.

MT: Hey Kevin. Thanks for reaching out. I appreciate your potential consideration in your plans for the direction of WSU basketball going forward, but at this time I am not interested in getting back into the coaching profession.

KS: I totally understand. We are looking into multiple options, but I would have been doing myself and the university a disservice if I didn't at least reach out to gauge interest for any potential candidate. I hope you are enjoying retirement and good luck in your future endeavors.

MT: Thank you Kevin. I wish you and Wichita State the best of luck. I had several great years there and I know how important and special that program is. Reach out anytime you want.

BREAKING!!!! MARK TURGEON TURNS DOWN WICHITA STATE!!!!
              lol literally this

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                There is no way Saal made an offer before probing Interest levels.
                Also no way you would be hearing from jans at this point. A contract would have to be signed and team meeting with his players at Mississippi would have to be complete before there was an announcement.
                There are still good candidates even if Jans and MT don't or didn't work out.
                Patience......
                I want patience and I want it now!

Comment

Nice to see more of the board coming around on Kelsey but I think he’s going to have his pick of almost whatever opening he wants. Richey or DeVries are probably more likely.
                  DON'T SETTLE!!!!

GET YOUR #1 TARGET!!!!
                  The Assman

Comment

• Billy Donovan possibly an option? He’s being rumored with Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That's the kind of letdown I'm worried about.
                      Better (either of the 2) than FHCIB isn't it?

But you probably won't be disappointed.

Comment

• I'm not buying the wording in the article. I could believe that Turgeon was asked to apply and interview and turned that down. What I can't buy is that KS would offer the job without any kind of search. If he was going to outright offer the job to Turgeon, he would have known long before Sunday that that wasn't going to happen.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• There's always a ton of rumors that get thrown around in these things. I'm not too worried about any of them at this point. Jans is #1 for me out of everyone who has been mentioned. Maybe it'll end up being someone that hasn't even been mentioned to this point. I'm going to put faith in KS that he knows what he's doing and will make a good hire. He acted quickly with the firing, so that tells me that he's got a plan in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Kelsey has also signed a 4 star and a 3 star recruit for next season who are ranked #102 and #160 nationally. Not too shabby. Has also signed a 3 star 6'10" shot blocking and rebounder Center considered to be a diamond in the rough. Considered the #1 center in North Carolina. CoC has the 40th ranked recruiting class for 2023.
                            Seems like he kinda has things rolling down there. Is he gonna want to leave?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Sounds totally reasonable, if ADKS decided in Dec. of 2022 he was gonna' can the coach before the season was even over. Just sayin'.
                              Probably after the home loss to NIT qualifier Alcorn State.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Seems like he kinda has things rolling down there. Is he gonna want to leave?
                                Well, the AAC is a big step up from the CAA.

CoC gets good support and has some nice history, but nowhere near that of WSU.

Granted, living in Charleston has a lot of great appeal, but our previous coach that had Winthrop and CofC ties was able make it out there to visit quite often!
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X