Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been funny watching the "herd" on the AAC message board. When the news broke it was all bravado (delusion) and champagne corks popping. Now it's mostly despondency (reality) and hope from the top 4 football programs that look to get picked up.

Like I said early on, the Little 8 is still full of brand names; they aren't going to come to the AAC lololololol.

I sure hope BeltTight has been talking to The Pee.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      It's been funny watching the "herd" on the AAC message board. When the news broke it was all bravado (delusion) and champagne corks popping. Now it's mostly despondency (reality) and hope from the top 4 football programs that look to get picked up.

Like I said early on, the Little 8 is still full of brand names; they aren't going to come to the AAC lololololol.

Are you enjoying your roller coaster ride?

Lack of “news” doesn’t mean any more or less than the flurry of “news” last week.

The outcome of this whole thing isn’t going to be determined in two weeks. I’m reminded of the intro to the old MTV Diary show, with a twist. You act like you know but you have no idea.

Comment

• Big XII status; follow the rats…

If this is the direction the rats are going, that's good enough for me.”

Greatest rat scene in the history of cinema.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Are you enjoying your roller coaster ride?

Lack of “news” doesn’t mean any more or less than the flurry of “news” last week.

The outcome of this whole thing isn’t going to be determined in two weeks. I’m reminded of the intro to the old MTV Diary show, with a twist. You act like you know but you have no idea.
          I'm not enjoying it one bit.

Time, precedent, and reality is on their side.

Comment

• the depth of your knowledge is staggering

Comment

It's been funny watching the "herd" on the AAC message board. When the news broke it was all bravado (delusion) and champagne corks popping. Now it's mostly despondency (reality) and hope from the top 4 football programs that look to get picked up.

You've been full-on bipolar throughout this thread. From pessimism to gizzing yourself to slashing wrists.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                the depth of your knowledge is staggering
                Sounds like somebody has gotten themselves triggered messin' around in the Covid thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

You've been full-on bipolar throughout this thread. From pessimism to gizzing yourself to slashing wrists.
                  Actually. Not.

Comment

• Bowlsby speaking to the Texas Legislature right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Bowlsby speaking to the Texas Legislature right now.
                      I'm sure he's not thinking AAC, but...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I'm sure he's not thinking AAC, but...

There are zero other options of conferences that would accept members worth AT MOST 14 million a year (also stated by him in this session). No P5 would touch that.

Comment

Bowlsby speaking to the Texas Legislature right now.
                          We hope with all hope that he gets denied from all the other power conferences.

The Little 8 could still "merge" with the AAC leaving behind the smaller programs which of course includes us.

How important is Navy football to the Little 8... that's the question. And could we slip in as Navy's Olympic sport counterpart?

I would accept becoming the Louisville of Kansas in that conference. They could spit on us all they like.

Comment

We hope with all hope that he gets denied from all the other power conferences.

The Little 8 could still "merge" with the AAC leaving behind the smaller programs which of course includes us.

How important is Navy football to the Little 8... that's the question. And could we slip in as Navy's Olympic sport counterpart?

I would accept becoming the Louisville of Kansas in that conference. They could spit on us all they like.
                            If they are dropping schools from the AAC .. Navy is FAR from the first that will be dropped. That said, There is no precedent for dropping schools that haven't violated conference mandates.

Comment

If they are dropping schools from the AAC .. Navy is FAR from the first that will be dropped. That said, There is no precedent for dropping schools that haven't violated conference mandates.
                              I gotta imagine that if we DO get to the point of serious talks of a B12/AAC merger, precedent will then be tossed straight out the window. It will be down to brass tacks; who brings the most TV dollars into the conference. If Navy is deemed worthy, then maybe we have a shot at a GREATLY reduced payout... say, $4 million? I'd take that offer and run home cryin' tears of joy. They could call us the official bastard, red-headed step-child of the conference and I'd sleep like a baby in a blanket. Hell, they could pay us nothing. Just give us our share of the NCAA creds.

Comment

I gotta imagine that if we DO get to the point of serious talks of a B12/AAC merger, precedent will then be tossed straight out the window. It will be down to brass tacks; who brings the most TV dollars into the conference. If Navy is deemed worthy, then maybe we have a shot at a GREATLY reduced payout... say, $4 million? I'd take that offer and run home cryin' tears of joy. They could call us the official bastard, red-headed step-child of the conference and I'd sleep like a baby in a blanket. Hell, they could pay us nothing. Just give us our share of the NCAA creds.

We only make ~2 million right now (WSU gets a 30% of 1 share).

Precedent may be out the window but i don't see any world where they kick a service academy out. I'd also assume they are probably the 5th-6th most valuable team in the conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X