Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penny's recruits aren't playing for a better seed line in the tourney, they're playing for a better slot in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
      Penny's recruits aren't playing for a better seed line in the tourney, they're playing for a better slot in the draft.
      Memphis is trying to be Kentucky without the coaching. Pretty hard to turnover a big portion of your team every year and be good at the start of the season.

Comment

• So when Dexter steps on the floor with them, early in the game he should mention to one of the players -- say Quinones -- "man, that's messed up what Williams tweeted about you". Then when he's standing at the lane with Williams he needs to say, "dude, what Bates tweeted about you is jacked up, man". And so on. They can't have their phones at the game so just sit back and watch the implosion.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          It sure ain't L. Brown.

He looks positively flummoxed sitting on the bench. Why'd he even do it?
          Maybe penny can swap him out with turg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            So when Dexter steps on the floor with them, early in the game he should mention to one of the players -- say Quinones -- "man, that's messed up what Williams tweeted about you". Then when he's standing at the lane with Williams he needs to say, "dude, what Bates tweeted about you is jacked up, man". And so on. They can't have their phones at the game so just sit back and watch the implosion.
            Isn’t Quinones the dude that wears the tight shorts? If so, I bet he has headaches…
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• .01 press conference after 3 straight loses for Memphis.

Head Coach Penny Hardaway speak candidly on what needs to change with his team, and how he's not looking to be a people pleaser with his players going forward.

Comment

• As some already eluded...

They will pull it together for at least 2 games.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Comment

• UC and UH Covid.JPG
                    Looks like we already have have different thoughts on the new Covid rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      Is it just me, or does that make like zero sense? I've been drinking so.........

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Is it just me, or does that make like zero sense? I've been drinking so.........
                        They had the same rule last year. Prevents a team from going 2-0 and missing the rest of the games and claiming the title. We were barely over 75% last year

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If this rule would have been in place last year, the Shockers (11-2) would have been seeded #9 in the Conference Tournament because we along with ECU and SMU failed to play a minimum of 14 games. Houston (14-3) would have been #1 and Memphis at (11-4) #2. #3 would have been Cincinnati (8-6) and #4 UCF (8-10).

Comment

• Obvious question for me is say a team gets out to a really hot start and goes 14-0 or get to 14-1 or 14-2. Will they have a "Covid" shutdown to claim the 1 seed and get some extra time?

Comment

• I think the writer explained it poorly. The way it reads, the best % among teams playing at least 75% would be a 1 seed. Then all the teams that played < 75% would be rated on their W/L % against all other teams that played < 75%. The best team among that group would be - what? - a 1 seed?

"Seeding" wouldn't seem to apply to a regular season conference championship. I think that's the word that tripped the writer up and totally garbled the wording and meaning.

If, by some really odd method of seeding for the conference tourney, the teams with less than 75% are automatically seeded below the teams that played at least 75%, then a 2 or 3 seed is going to have to play the top team that played less than 75%, instead of playing the second or third worst team in the tourney.

I can't find any way to read the tweet that makes any sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Obvious question for me is say a team gets out to a really hot start and goes 14-0 or get to 14-1 or 14-2. Will they have a "Covid" shutdown to claim the 1 seed and get some extra time?

All of this is interesting. And these questions are being asked by everyone. Not that anyone here cares about Creighton, but they have been left in a bubble, wondering how this will play out. They were given forfeits for the DePaul, then Georgetown games, then the BE changed their direction and went with rescheduling.

DePaul will probably have too many games postponed to make them all up, so how does the league handle that? Not sure how many games Georgetown will need to make up, but Creighton, without having any covid issues, currently needs two makeup games and hasn't played since the 19th. Where would they fit those extra games?

I see a bunch of landmines ahead for every conference. Creighton is young, and probably not a tourney team this year, but it is very possible that many teams without covid issue suffer unfairly because other programs can't seem to keep free from the bug. Making up rules and regulations on the fly rarely works.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X