Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
    How is Memphis paying them since Tennessee has that absolutely horrible law dealing with NIL deals?
    since when did Memphis let little things like "the law" get in the way of bringing in players?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
      How is Memphis paying them since Tennessee has that absolutely horrible law dealing with NIL deals?
      SIgn the deals in Arkansas?
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        SIgn the deals in Arkansas?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            Decent listen. They knew what WSU's weakness was last year...

Comment

• Decent listen? I have to respectfully disagree. I listened to the Memphis and WSU breakdown before I turned it off because I couldn't take it anymore. Those 2 may have seen exactly zero WSU games last year. They were reading stats and looking at schedules. I'd take any 2 posters of this fine forum to do a 100% better job, on their first try, covering the AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                Anything that says Memphis will be the AAC best can be thrown the in the trash. While Sampson is in Houston, there is nothing that would make me bet Penny over Houston. Penny is a good recruiter ... And good motivator .... Of the other teams. Not so much his own team. Really good whiny press conference after the fact though.

Houston 1st to 3rd place
                WSU 1st-4th place

Memphis 2nd to 4th place
                One of SMU or UCF could squeak up there. (Depending on if Jank is still coaching or who they get to replace him on short notice)
                Jumbled mess of the rest with ECU and USF bringing up the rear.

Comment

• These guys were generally ok in their predictions. We can not expect them to know as much about the Shockers as we do. I disagree on their assessment of our team ceiling level. They did say it was a "chore for the Shocks to score" last year.. But they did say the Shocks should be a tournament team. As usually they think Memphis will be great. Time will tell if that statement is true.

Comment

• I don't disagree that time will tell but past experience is a good teacher as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      I don't disagree that time will tell but past experience is a good teacher as well.
                      The Russians invaded Afghanistan, there have been 3 major global wars in the last 220 years, the bubble in the market has burst several times, and some people cant stop speeding regardless of how many tickets they get. Past experience is a great teacher....but only if something is learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

The Russians invaded Afghanistan, there have been 3 major global wars in the last 220 years, the bubble in the market has burst several times, and some people cant stop speeding regardless of how many tickets they get. Past experience is a great teacher....but only if something is learned.
                        There are plenty of examples of history not being learned that are strictly related to athletics. In the short time I've been a member of this group, I've learned to avoid the political forums. Even the supposedly non-political covid forum is highly politicized. Afghanistan has become a political hot button.

Can we, please, leave political hot spots out of the sports-related forums so there can be some areas where we can politely and pleasantly disagree and discuss sport-related topics without encroaching on politics?

The post I'm quoting is fairly neutral, but Afghanistan isn't.

Comment

• lol. We really need the season to start.

Comment

• Not sure what happened to the realignment discussion, but the PAC12 says they'll make a decision on expansion in the next week or 2.

The PAC12 expanding would light the fire again. One way or the other.

Pac-12 Commissioner George Kliavkoff spoke with the Review-Journal about the state of college athletics, including the future of his conference, which could be expanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Not sure what happened to the realignment discussion, but the PAC12 says they'll make a decision on expansion in the next week or 2.

The PAC12 expanding would light the fire again. One way or the other.

Pac-12 Commissioner George Kliavkoff spoke with the Review-Journal about the state of college athletics, including the future of his conference, which could be expanding.

I just have a hard time believing the PAC will find the value and political/cultural combination with what we see as available options.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I just have a hard time believing the PAC will find the value and political/cultural combination with what we see as available options.
                                I agree, I'm just not sure why the new PAC12 Commissioner says that.

Comment

Working...
                                X