Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post

Do you think the Big 10 wants Iowa State?
    Not really. The B1G is funny. They took Maryland and Rutgers to shore up the East Coast. Other than that, the B1G has been happy at 14. Expansion hasn't been as big an issue as you'd think. My gut would be, before taking Iowa State, the B1G would actually consider poaching from the AAC. If Houston wasn't so far out of the footprint, they'd be ideal. The B1G and PAC could be happy sitting at 14 and letting the ACC and SEC move to 16. Expansion could be over.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Do you think the Big 10 wants Iowa State?
      No. No chance.

Why would they??

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Not really. The B1G is funny. They took Maryland and Rutgers to shore up the East Coast. Other than that, the B1G has been happy at 14. Expansion hasn't been as big an issue as you'd think. My gut would be, before taking Iowa State, the B1G would actually consider poaching from the AAC. If Houston wasn't so far out of the footprint, they'd be ideal. The B1G and PAC could be happy sitting at 14 and letting the ACC and SEC move to 16. Expansion could be over.
        Is there any chance that if the American absorbed the remaining Big 12 members, that the new American would be a "Power 5" conference? Or is it Power 4 from now on and no one is going to breach that club?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ewwwww
          Doesn’t matter what thread you guys go to, perversity follows….

Comment

Is there any chance that if the American absorbed the remaining Big 12 members, that the new American would be a "Power 5" conference? Or is it Power 4 from now on and no one is going to breach that club?
            It’s a better chance together than alone.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Turn down your hearing aids.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

pogo started it!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Regardless of how this all plays out, Power 4 will be the end result at some point. In reality, that's all it is now where football is concerned. The ACC is a pretender with Clemson the only relevant team.

Comment

It would put both the AAC and XII teams closer than either are right now. Still a step below, but a much larger gap between us and the MWC should it happen.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My thought on this is that it could be the 5th in The Power 5 if some sort of AAC/Big12 merger happens. All depends on the money from ESPN and how they want to market the league. Do they want to put the league up there with the other 4 conferences to further grow college football?

Time zones work. Pretty good markets to grow in. Some nice name schools ready to go although they might wanna consider dropping a couple schools (ECU, Tulane)...but probably impossible to do that.

I think there is enough talent in the U.S. to support spreading out all the football talent...BUT with certain schools (Alabama, Ohio St., Notre Dame, etc having 4-5 deep on their depth charts...it might be a hard sell to get some those kids to think differently and play outside the SEC. Just depends on how "sexy" ESPN would market the product. My opinion is it could be done fer sure but I'm a small business owner and continually of the mindset that the glass is always half full while trying to grow grow grow!!!!! I would like to think ESPN wants their products to do the same.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Regardless of how this all plays out, Power 4 will be the end result at some point. In reality, that's all it is now where football is concerned. The ACC is a pretender with Clemson the only relevant team.
                        Not meant for argument's sake, but Miami, Va. Tech and Fl. St. are still relevant even if their records don't show it. Pitt and BC still garner national respect also, in terms of Football. At the least, on the gridiron, they are WAY more relevant than Iowa St., Baylor, T-Tech, O-State and K-State. It's not really even close (maybe O-State). To claim otherwise (not you) is to flaunt one's ignorance. And Clemson has shown they are about the only team that is close to the level of 'Bama, which OU and ND sure haven't done when given they were given the chance.

Why would they even need Chicken Football? That would be a drag.
                        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 31, 2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Not meant for argument's sake, but Miami, Va. Tech and Fl. St. are still relevant even if their records don't show it. Pitt and BC still garner national respect also, in terms of Football. At the least, on the gridiron, they are WAY more relevant than Iowa St., Baylor, T-Tech, O-State and K-State. It's not really even close (maybe O-State). To claim otherwise (not you) is to flaunt one's ignorance. And Clemson has shown they are about the only team that is close to the level of 'Bama, which OU and ND sure haven't done when given they were given the chance.

Why would they even need Chicken Football? That would be a drag.
                          Are you saying that Pittsburgh and Boston College are more relevant in CFB than Oklahoma State?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Are you saying that Pittsburgh and Boston College are more relevant in CFB than Oklahoma State?
                            They just might be. This is just me, but if I were flipping through games and stumbled across BC vs. Miami, I would stop. If the game was competitive, I'd stay. Okie State vs. any Big 12 team other than the Sooners probably I don't even stop to see the score.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Honestly, and I just now thought about it, the only Big 12 football I've watched over the last several years, has been Oklahoma. I have watched when I hear Texas is losing, and last year I tuned in when I saw Big South teams beating Big 12 schools. And I only tuned those games in when I saw the upsets on the crawl.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

They're probably equal (again, maybe), and that's cuttin' the Pokes some slack, because they've closed the gap with their recent success. They (the Pokes) were a power in the Valley though.

I'm sure you've watched a lot of college Football beyond the last 5 years and would not disagree. I was a fan of Matt Ryan when he played for the Eagles, and Pitt does have 8 Nattys (6 in the National Poll era).
                                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 31, 2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X