Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That schedule has MAC written all over it

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      That schedule has MAC written all over it
      Frankly I think they would get dominated in the MAC.

Comment

• Hell, I think they'd be middle of the road at best in the MVC for football.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

You are missing that Snoop Dog went to their late night party, so they are cool and people want them in their league.
          C'mon man! Just another proud moment for the flagship...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
            (Whoops, didn’t finish the last sentence. Every other Big 12 school would be ahead of KU.
            There is an "edit" option
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              Talking to a friend of mine over the weekend who lives in Wichita and is both a Shocker and umm-hmm jayhawk fan... says he thinks the jayhawks will ultimately be invited to the Pac-10 due to their "national brand". I'm obviously missing something here. National brand??? I tell him...Brian I hate to tell you this...but having lived out in AZ and California for the past 30 years...I've seen 3 or 4 possibly 5 jayhawk t-shirts being worn by people in all those years. Surprised he responds saying "really???"
              Sun Devil and Wildcat fans could give a flyin' hoot about ku. Chicken fans like to flout their importance, but really, nationally speaking...

When I lived in ACC country no one was talking about the Chickens. The conversation concerned basketball (Atlantic coast only) and SEC Football (even then).

Comment

• KU is 3rd in Big12 revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  KU is 3rd in Big12 revenue.
                  Per what? Link?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                    KU provides, based on history, around 3-4 NCAA basketball shares worth $5 to $6 million dollars a year. In football, it also provides an easy conference win for the other conference members, an embarrassing stadium with excellent ticket availability for visiting fans and I would guess some pretty bad TV ratings. What conference is going to cut them in for $30 to $50 million a year? If football is what is most important, every other Big 12 school
                    If the Beakers are invited to join the Big East or the ACC as some have posted on Shockernet; do you think the Beakers will continue to add 3-4 basketball shares per year?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

I think that number isn't exactly right (I think it was referencing the conference record, but they actually have only 5 wins in that category), but I'll list them all.

By year:

2011: McNeese State (FCS), Northern Illinois
                      2012: South Dakota State (FCS)
                      2013: South Dakota (FCS), Louisiana Tech, West Virginia
                      2014: Southeast Missouri State (FCS), Central Michigan, Iowa State
                      2015:
                      2016: Rhode Island (FCS), Texas
                      2017: Southeast Missouri State (FCS)
                      2018: Central Michigan, Rutgers, TCU
                      2019: Indiana State (FCS), Boston College, Texas Tech
                      2020:

18 total wins, 11 FBS wins, 5 B12 wins. Cumulative overall record: 18-99 (.182). Cumulative B12 record: 5-84 (.060)
                      Put in perspective, that's only 5 more B12 wins than WSU has and we don't even have a team.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        KU is 3rd in Big12 revenue.
                        Without the Texas/OU media boost the Beakers revenue falls to UConn and Houston levels. The following link provides clarity on Big 12 revenue streams
                        The 2019 fiscal year revenue and expense reports from public schools in NCAA’s Division I.

Comment

I think that number isn't exactly right (I think it was referencing the conference record, but they actually have only 5 wins in that category), but I'll list them all.

By year:

2015:
                          2020:

18 total wins, 11 FBS wins, 5 B12 wins. Cumulative overall record: 18-99 (.182). Cumulative B12 record: 5-84 (.060)
                          I'm just repeating what I heard (read); the Chickens are THE worst P5 Football team, statistically, and visibly.

Comment

By year:

2015:
                            2020:

And to think Mangino took that dumpster fire to 50 wins in eight years.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

And to think Mangino took that dumpster fire to 50 wins in eight years.
                              Unfortunately he hurt some of the players’ feeling really badly. Poor KU football players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Unfortunately he hurt some of the players’ feeling really badly. Poor KU football players.
                                He wasn't fired for the way he treated players. Much like our own recent experience, he was fired for the way he treated others away from the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X