Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Your guide to six early-season 2021-22 college basketball tournaments - ESPN.COM

Myron Medcalf, ESPN Staff Writer
    Jul 15, 2021

"ESPN announced its early-season tournament schedule for college basketball on Thursday, a slate that highlights some of the game's top programs and elite players in a season that should restore a sense of normalcy to the sport. Here is our handy guide to the games that will all appear on the ESPN family of networks in those events...."

2021 Shriners Children's Charleston Classic (Dates: Nov. 18, 19 and 21)
    St. Bonaventure vs. Boise State
    Clemson vs. Temple
    Marquette vs. Ole Miss
    Elon vs. West Virginia

2021 Myrtle Beach Invitational (Dates: Nov. 18, 19 and 21)
    Event field (first-round matchups TBA): Davidson, East Carolina, Indiana State, New Mexico State, Oklahoma, Old Dominion, Penn, Utah State

2021 NIT Season Tip-Off (Dates: Nov. 24 and 26)
    Xavier vs. Iowa State
    Memphis vs. Virginia Tech

2021 Paycom Wooden Legacy (Dates: Nov. 25 and 26)
    USC vs. Saint Joseph's
    Georgetown vs. San Diego State

2021 ESPN Events Invitational (Dates: Nov. 25, 26 and 28)
    Dayton vs. Miami
    North Texas vs. Kansas
    Alabama vs. Iona
    Belmont vs. Drake

2021 Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic (Dates: Dec. 22, 23 and 25)
    Liberty vs. Northern Iowa
    Wyoming vs. Stanford
    BYU vs. South Florida
    Hawaii vs. Vanderbilt

2021 Myrtle Beach Invitational (Dates: Nov. 18, 19 and 21)
    Event field (first-round matchups TBA): Davidson, East Carolina, Indiana State, New Mexico State, Oklahoma, Old Dominion, Penn, Utah State
    The organizers released the bracket for this tournament and then realized that ECU and ODU are already scheduled to play in non-con, so now they are making a new bracket lol

Comment

No love for Shocks beyond TE and RCIV.

Comment

Not sure I agree with Rothstein's projected starting Five and third place finish for the Shockers -

Projected Starting 5:
        G Tyson Etienne
        G Ricky Council
        G Dexter Dennis
        F Clarence Jackson
        C Morris Udeze
        Projected Bench: Craig Porter, Chaunce Jenkins, Matt McFarlane, Joe Pleasant, Qua Grant, Kenny Pohto, Jalen Ricks

I look forward to learning HCIB's starting lineup and his projection on where the Shocks will finish in the AAC. Should be a great season and I trust at least a second week in the Big Dance for the Shockers.

Comment

Those are lofty expectations, for most any team. I think 3rd is pretty respectful all things considered. SMU should be very good. WSU may be excellent. Lots of work to do between now and then and this league is a grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Those are lofty expectations, for most any team. I think 3rd is pretty respectful all things considered. SMU should be very good. WSU may be excellent. Lots of work to do between now and then and this league is a grinder.
            After Memphis won the NIT, and the Shox chocked in the NCAA , in the first Round, or Play in game (imo, there is no way we should lose) against a decent Drake (but imo, we were better) that we should have beaten, but lost because of inept offense/free throw shooting, Rothstein's predictions were predictable, and could have been worse.

Comment

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

After Memphis won the NIT, and the Shox chocked in the NCAA , in the first Round, or Play in game (imo, there is no way we should lose) against a decent Drake (but imo, we were better) that we should have beaten, but lost because of inept offense/free throw shooting, Rothstein's predictions were predictable, and could have been worse.
                        To clarify (I wasn't the 1st time), my comment on "lofty expectations" was directed at 76 and his 2nd weekend prediction.

Comment

I think those ratings are overlooking Grant a bit much. From what I've seen of his game, he's one of those guys who WILL get to the basket, and if you don't get out of his way, you will foul him. The AAC loves the old bullrush drive to the hoop like Cumberland and Gray did so well.

If someone's been trying to stay with Etienne for 10 minutes and then Grant goes in to give TE a breather, that's not going to be an easy defensive assignment. Not much different for the defender of it's Council or Jenkins subbing TE out, but I was trying to make a point about Grant.

Comment

It will be interesting to follow the legitimacy of OU/Texas to the SEC. Obviously this would set off a substantial amount of realignment. KU/Iowa State would be likely tied to the B10. What would happen to KState, Baylor, OSU, and Tech? SMU and Houston would be salivating about joining that group. Memphis would probably be interested as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                              It will be interesting to follow the legitimacy of OU/Texas to the SEC. Obviously this would set off a substantial amount of realignment. KU/Iowa State would be likely tied to the B10. What would happen to KState, Baylor, OSU, and Tech? SMU and Houston would be salivating about joining that group. Memphis would probably be interested as well.
                              Don't think B1G wants Kansas. Definitely not Iowa St. If they did, both would be there already.

Comment

Working...
                              X