Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

They're probably equal (again, maybe), and that's cuttin' the Pokes some slack, because they've closed the gap with their recent success. They (the Pokes) were a power in the Valley though.

I'm sure you've watched a lot of college Football beyond the last 5 years and would not disagree. I was a fan of Matt Ryan when he played for the Eagles, and Pitt does have 8 Nattys (6 in the National Poll era).
    8 wins or more in a season since 2010:

Boston College: 0

Pitt: 4

Oklahoma State: 9

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

8 wins or more in a season since 2010:

Boston College: 0

Pitt: 4

Oklahoma State: 9
        Pitt has the same number of 8 win seasons as Texas (K-State has more than both of them) in that span. But Ok-State will need several more seasons of 8 wins to catch Boston College in all time wins, but who knows, stranger things have happened. Maybe the SEC should have taken Ok-State. Or Pitt.

By that same logic K-State's way more relevant than the Hurricane's of Miami anymore since they have more 8 win seasons since 2010 than the U does.

No reason to derail an otherwise interesting thread.
        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 1, 2021, 05:33 AM.

Comment

• Do you hear that sound???

Me neither.

BOHICA

Comment

• Talking to a friend of mine over the weekend who lives in Wichita and is both a Shocker and umm-hmm jayhawk fan... says he thinks the jayhawks will ultimately be invited to the Pac-10 due to their "national brand". I'm obviously missing something here. National brand??? I tell him...Brian I hate to tell you this...but having lived out in AZ and California for the past 30 years...I've seen 3 or 4 possibly 5 jayhawk t-shirts being worn by people in all those years. Surprised he responds saying "really???"
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              Talking to a friend of mine over the weekend who lives in Wichita and is both a Shocker and umm-hmm jayhawk fan... says he thinks the jayhawks will ultimately be invited to the Pac-10 due to their "national brand". I'm obviously missing something here. National brand??? I tell him...Brian I hate to tell you this...but having lived out in AZ and California for the past 30 years...I've seen 3 or 4 possibly 5 jayhawk t-shirts being worn by people in all those years. Surprised he responds saying "really???"
              Yeah I would be shocked if the Walmart’s there have them.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                Talking to a friend of mine over the weekend who lives in Wichita and is both a Shocker and umm-hmm jayhawk fan... says he thinks the jayhawks will ultimately be invited to the Pac-10 due to their "national brand". I'm obviously missing something here. National brand??? I tell him...Brian I hate to tell you this...but having lived out in AZ and California for the past 30 years...I've seen 3 or 4 possibly 5 jayhawk t-shirts being worn by people in all those years. Surprised he responds saying "really???"
                Frankly I don't know enough about this subject to offer an opinion. But reading you guys posts is interesting. But I did think that all this realignment talk was because of Football. How are the chickenhawks going to convince some power conference to take them when their record is 6-83 in the past decade. Not to mention having no attendance to speak of that would get anybody excited. Fnally the last football coach they hired is thought of by many to be a sexual predator. What I am missing on this issue. Somebody help me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Frankly I don't know enough about this subject to offer an opinion. But reading you guys posts is interesting. But I did think that all this realignment talk was because of Football. How are the chickenhawks going to convince some power conference to take them when their record is 6-83 in the past decade. Not to mention having no attendance to speak of that would get anybody excited. Fnally the last football coach they hired is thought of by many to be a sexual predator. What I am missing on this issue. Somebody help me out.
                  You are missing that Snoop Dog went to their late night party, so they are cool and people want them in their league.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

6-83!?!?

Holy crap. I knew it was very bad. I didnt have any idea it was THAT bad. Thats just ...
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• 6-83?!?!?!?!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• KU provides, based on history, around 3-4 NCAA basketball shares worth $5 to $6 million dollars a year. In football, it also provides an easy conference win for the other conference members, an embarrassing stadium with excellent ticket availability for visiting fans and I would guess some pretty bad TV ratings. What conference is going to cut them in for $30 to $50 million a year? If football is what is most important, every other Big 12 school

Comment

• (Whoops, didn’t finish the last sentence. Every other Big 12 school would be ahead of KU.

Comment

• Who are the 6?!!
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Who are the 6?!!
                              I think that number isn't exactly right (I think it was referencing the conference record, but they actually have only 5 wins in that category), but I'll list them all.

By year:

2011: McNeese State (FCS), Northern Illinois
                              2012: South Dakota State (FCS)
                              2013: South Dakota (FCS), Louisiana Tech, West Virginia
                              2014: Southeast Missouri State (FCS), Central Michigan, Iowa State
                              2015:
                              2016: Rhode Island (FCS), Texas
                              2017: Southeast Missouri State (FCS)
                              2018: Central Michigan, Rutgers, TCU
                              2019: Indiana State (FCS), Boston College, Texas Tech
                              2020:

18 total wins, 11 FBS wins, 5 B12 wins. Cumulative overall record: 18-99 (.182). Cumulative B12 record: 5-84 (.060)
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

I think that number isn't exactly right (I think it was referencing the conference record, but they actually have only 5 wins in that category), but I'll list them all.

By year:

2011: McNeese State (FCS), Northern Illinois
                                2012: South Dakota State (FCS)
                                2013: South Dakota (FCS), Louisiana Tech, West Virginia
                                2014: Southeast Missouri State (FCS), Central Michigan, Iowa State
                                2015:
                                2016: Rhode Island (FCS), Texas
                                2017: Southeast Missouri State (FCS)
                                2018: Central Michigan, Rutgers, TCU
                                2019: Indiana State (FCS), Boston College, Texas Tech
                                2020:

18 total wins, 11 FBS wins, 5 B12 wins. Cumulative overall record: 18-99 (.182). Cumulative B12 record: 5-84 (.060)
                                Pac-12...Big-10 material right there. KC businesses better step up to pay more to keep basketball players coming to Larry or the AAC might even say NO thanks.

FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X