American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Palm isn't even worth following or looking at anymore. Seriously.
    I don't understand his hate of WSU. But then I really don't understand Shockernet focus on Jerry Palm.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
      I don't understand his hate of WSU. But then I really don't understand Shockernet focus on Jerry Palm.
      He's the leading bracket guy for the network that hosts the Tourney
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        He's the leading bracket guy for the network that hosts the Tourney
        For me, it much more the fact that last year, he turned out to be pretty freaking accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
          For me, it much more the fact that last year, he turned out to be pretty freaking accurate.
          One reason he is pretty accurate is he changes his bracket right before the real one comes out on Selection Sunday, after he has done all he can to slander teams like Wichita State for weeks before then.

Comment

• Very brief update on the AAC still interested in WSU.

"...According to several sources throughout the league, the American Athletic Conference is looking for a way to upgrade its rankings in basketball with an expansion blueprint focused primarily on Wichita State, but also including other higher profile basketball schools such as Dayton and Virginia Commonwealth.Wichita’s interest in moving out of the Missouri Valley Conference first became public last fall when there was chatter about the Shockers contacting the American as a possible landing place for football if plans to revive the football program were instituted. The school discontinued the football program because of financial reasons in 1986.

The Wichita State basketball program has filled the gap, establishing itself as a perennial power in the MVC.
            But in December published reports stated that the Wichita was the focus of the American’s interest in upgrading its basketball profile. American officials downplayed the reports as nothing more than chatter.

But offiicials at some member schools, including UConn, felt that the American needed to increase its basketball profile. Talks about adding affiliated members in basketball, but not football, continued, reportedly with discussions taking place at the Presidential level."

Comment

• I was getting a bit nervous that we hadn't heard anything about the AAC for a while so it is good to know that there are high level discussions taking place about WSU joining the conference.

With UConn being mentioned as a driving force behind the discussion it makes me wonder if the UConn to the Big East romors that came out last month wasn't just UConn stirring the pot and trying to induce some action on expansion from the more reluctant members of the AAC.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                One reason he is pretty accurate is he changes his bracket right before the real one comes out on Selection Sunday, after he has done all he can to slander teams like Wichita State for weeks before then.
                There are like 60 teams that are basic locks to be in the tournament every year and another 4 are pretty safe. You really only have to make educated guesses on about 4 teams. That's why all these guys appear to be good at knowing what's up.

What I don't understand is how these guys think TCU and K-State are on the bubble. They've routinely showed they are not worthy of being in the NCAA tournament, yet because they're in the Big 12 and won a few good games they're in consideration. I'd rather a team who is 29-5 and not beaten really anyone of significance be in than a 17-12 team who can't even finish .500 in their conference.

Comment

• WSU, VCU, Dayton plus the current AAC teams...yes please!!! That's a conference with a floor of 4-5 bids yearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Higgins View Post
                    WSU, VCU, Dayton plus the current AAC teams...yes please!!! That's a conference with a floor of 4-5 bids yearly.
                    If that materialized, it would be incredible.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• The Big 1 conference will get more bids than they deserve.... as per usual.

Comment

• Maybe after we win our final game of the season on April 4th, we'll have some good news regarding conference affiliation.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                          With UConn being mentioned as a driving force behind the discussion it makes me wonder if the UConn to the Big East romors that came out last month wasn't just UConn stirring the pot and trying to induce some action on expansion from the more reluctant members of the AAC.
                          Perhaps UCONN is going to hold the AAC hostage to force them to bring us in? Makes me think of the trading scenes in the movie Moneyball (gets off the phone with one interested party, and says "you better do something quick because I've got another offer here"..."if you don't bring in WSU, Dayton and VCU, we will play in the Big East next season"

Comment

• Honestly, the AAC REEAAAALLLLLYYYY needs to make a play at making itself part of the big boys club before the P-5 schools try to take over. Conferences like the MVC and MWC might think they are fairly strong, but when the chips fall, they will just be the top of the new "FCS" level. Conferences like the AAC and the Big East need to do everything they can to become power basketball conferences that are invited to the table with the P5 conferences. If you turn the AAC and Big East into 12, 14 or 16 team power conferences with all the top remaining non-BCS schools, you will be in a much better position to not get left out in the FCS cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              Perhaps UCONN is going to hold the AAC hostage to force them to bring us in? Makes me think of the trading scenes in the movie Moneyball (gets off the phone with one interested party, and says "you better do something quick because I've got another offer here"..."if you don't bring in WSU, Dayton and VCU, we will play in the Big East next season"
                              All the more reason to sweep through STL this year and call it good. Thanks for the good times. We're outta here! How glorious would that be? Man I want to hear that news so badly that we are heading out. I don't give a crap that the conference tournament is played in Greenland. Who cares.

Comment

• With the AAC having a realistic chance of only getting 2 invites to the tournament this year, I believe our stock raises considerably. There's no way the likes of UConn, Cincy, Memphis, and Tulsa are comfortable in a two-bid league situation.

Edit: add Temple to the list of possible expansion supporters
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X