No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe it is happening. I really do. Hopefully we get in there while we've still got guys like Shamet and McDuffie so we can win the league in year one.

Comment

• UConn willing to be named. Discussions at the Presidential level. Those are promising signs.

I'd have to think that VCU and Dayton being named indicates at least some behind the scenes conversations have taken place and those schools have agreed to be named. Things are moving along in the right direction. It was already known that nothing could happen for '17-'18, but '18-'19 is starting to look like there's at least a decent chance.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The longer I hear nothing, the more optimistic I become.

Comment

• Discussions at "the presidential level" are the key for me. Those are the folks who have to approve any expansion.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            The longer I hear nothing, the more optimistic I become.
            Agreed. No news is good news.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              I believe it is happening. I really do. Hopefully we get in there while we've still got guys like Shamet and McDuffie so we can win the league in year one.
              I feel comfortable we will always have guys like Shamet and McDuffie.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Does anyone subscribe to the source of this article? Was there anything else of significance in the part we non-subscribers can't see?

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Maybe after we win our final game of the season on April 4th, we'll have some good news regarding conference affiliation.
                  You know when that happens we will set a new total season wins record of 36. Of course I'm assuming we blow thru the Arch.

Comment

• Why not? We're basically in the same region as Tulsa, SMU, and Houston. Very feasible.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      Why not? We're basically in the same region as Tulsa, SMU, and Houston. Very feasible.
                      All more drivable and flyable from ICT than the current MVC.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
                        You know when that happens we will set a new total season wins record of 36. Of course I'm assuming we blow thru the Arch.
                        And that record won't stand long due to the 40 we get next season.

Comment

• Eeeeeaaaasssssyyyyy...
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            Why not? We're basically in the same region as Tulsa, SMU, and Houston. Very feasible.
                            Memphis too. That's not that far. Very comparable to our Illinois road games

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                              I feel comfortable we will always have guys like Shamet and McDuffie.
                              First there was Turgeon whose leaving begat Marshall.

Marshall then begat and begat, and finally begat Fred and Ron and others.

Whom then begat Shamet and McDuffie and others.

Whom then - Well, hell, Just as long as we have Coach Marshall, the begatting will continue getting better, and better, and better.

Comment

• Who is this Begat you speak of? Can we clone him?

Comment

Working...
                                X