X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
    A little change of pace:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-810867.html
    Yes, please! Wait here...I'll pack right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      They would have to go East/West. Balance it out a little more and make it better for WSU in the process ;)

With only WSU added

West East
      Houston Cincinnati
      Memphis ECU
      SMU Temple
      Tulane UCF
      Tulsa UConn
      Wichita State USF

With All Three Schools added

West East
      Cincinnati Dayton
      Houston ECU
      Memphis Temple
      SMU UCF
      Tulane UConn
      Tulsa USF
      Wichita State VCU
      Historically speaking, I think these divisions are much more balanced.

Comment

• Noticed there were several posters that would prefer St Louis over Dayton. Can anyone here tell me why they'd want that?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Noticed there were several posters that would prefer St Louis over Dayton. Can anyone here tell me why they'd want that?
          Insanity?
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
            Yes, please! Wait here...I'll pack right now.
            I can't allow myself to read threads like that. I just can't do it. Want this to happen yesterday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              I can't allow myself to read threads like that. I just can't do it. Want this to happen yesterday!
              Yeah, it's interesting how much...Sympathy...For lack of a better word, I have for Creighton now.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they're overblown, poseur basketball fans, and that's in addition to the natural enmity I have as a Lutheran towards any Catholic institution, but I do see why they were so eager to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                Yeah, it's interesting how much...Sympathy...For lack of a better word, I have for Creighton now.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they're overblown, poseur basketball fans, and that's in addition to the natural enmity I have as a Lutheran towards any Catholic institution, but I do see why they were so eager to leave.
                Not to be too big-headed, but at least we were still in the MVC during Creighton's last years in the Valley, creating a high probability that two MVC teams could be ranked in any one week.

Now, it's just us. UNI was good a few years ago, but rebuilding there legitimately means rebuilding. Illinois State has come the next closest, but no banana. This is a much easier conference to leave for us than it was for Creighton.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I think the waiting til 18-19 is possibly because of their TV contract.

I'm afraid of what one more year in this piss poor excuse of a conference could do to WSU.

Comment

• I wish they would add us for next year, that way the MVC doesn't get our Final 4 shares we will receive next year. The best and only benefit of being stuck in the Valley next year is it will really increases our chances of going into the tourney perfect again if we can survive our non-con.

As for feeling sorry for Creighton, +1 to rjl's post. Sympathy for Creighton, ha. They hit the freaking lottery, and we're still stuck buying tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Noticed there were several posters that would prefer St Louis over Dayton. Can anyone here tell me why they'd want that?
                      They have their crazies just like anywhere else. They have one poster that keeps bringing up Gonzaga for expansion which is nuts geographically speaking.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                        I wish they would add us for next year, that way the MVC doesn't get our Final 4 shares we will receive next year.
                        Conferences retain tourney shares when teams depart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Conferences retain tourney shares when teams depart.
                          I think he said he hopes we are part of the AAC for our Final 4 run.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                            I think he said he hopes we are part of the AAC for our Final 4 run.
                            I see. That makes sense. I could get on board with that.

Comment

• Another inconvenience possibly affecting realignment: The MVC is hosting the tournament in Wichita in 2018. I know WSU can pull out as a host, but can the MVC? If the MVC cannot, it would be terribly strange for the MVC to host tournament games for a school that's no longer a member.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                Another inconvenience possibly affecting realignment: The MVC is hosting the tournament in Wichita in 2018. I know WSU can pull out as a host, but can the MVC? If the MVC cannot, it would be terribly strange for the MVC to host tournament games for a school that's no longer a member.
                                Any move to the AAC would likely be for 18-19 so we would still be in the MVC for any games in Wichita.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X