American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I'll probably regret asking, but who is that?
    Bruce Haertl's first cousin.

Comment

• I've mostly been staying out of realignment discussion, but I guess I'll put in my 2 cents.

Football would be nice to have, but the moment basketball struggles because of it is where you lose me. Also, you'd have to add in sports that would not make money to get football. I think there are other priorities for the athletic department (e.g. fixing baseball) to be focusing on. Also, consider this. It appears that D1 athletes are soon going to be able to be paid. I can guarantee almost every other FBS school will exercise their option to pay athletes, so factor that into the cost as well.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
        I've mostly been staying out of realignment discussion, but I guess I'll put in my 2 cents.

Football would be nice to have, but the moment basketball struggles because of it is where you lose me. Also, you'd have to add in sports that would not make money to get football. I think there are other priorities for the athletic department (e.g. fixing baseball) to be focusing on. Also, consider this. It appears that D1 athletes are soon going to be able to be paid. I can guarantee almost every other FBS school will exercise their option to pay athletes, so factor that into the cost as well.
        100% in agreement with this post. I'd also like to add to the "consider this" part of the post, more and more professional football players are retiring in the mid to late 20's because of the fear of CTE head injuries. It seems like this could be the absolute worst time to start football back up.

If basketball suffers because of football, I don't know what I'd do. Please don't make me relive the 90's again. PLEASE.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• THAT comment gets removed but someone is allowed to use Frankamps DUI picture as an avatar?

Comment

• Being "classy" on the anonymous internet is not easy for some people.

Comment

• I don’t believe football would impact basketball one iota; of course I’m an optimist and sometimes drink the yellow Kool-Aid. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this will likely be the only chance in most of our lifetimes to see football at WSU. A city and metro area the size of Wichita should have NCAA Division I football; it’s troubled me greatly since the program was shut down in 1986. While football has its financial challenges, I believe the community will support it much better than they did in the early 80’s; times have changed and I believe now is the time to bring it back. WSU football will improve the ‘quality of life’ in this community and be a sense of pride for the area. “If you build it, they will come.” My heart was ripped out in 1970 and again in 1986 and its past time for a replacement.

I'm ready for the first snap... “hut hut"!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• A. Athletes are already getting paid (COA)

B. WSU basketball established its rich tradition of success in the 60's-80's. Football was on campus during that time. The 90's were a lost decade and until Turg came around, it was getting hopeless. Point being, football or no football basketball WILL eventually tank again. It happens when your not a blue blood. In the 90's, nobody would have ever believed that Shocker baseball would sink to being a mid pack MVC team. Again it happens. Why? Leadership. In both cases we waited to long to right the ship and waited to long to make necessary corrections. Whether that is facilities, coaches, or AD related. Hopefully we can learn from the past and not settle when the post Marshall arrives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                  A. Athletes are already getting paid (COA)

B. WSU basketball established its rich tradition of success in the 60's-80's. Football was on campus during that time. The 90's were a lost decade and until Turg came around, it was getting hopeless. Point being, football or no football basketball WILL eventually tank again. It happens when your not a blue blood. In the 90's, nobody would have ever believed that Shocker baseball would sink to being a mid pack MVC team. Again it happens. Why? Leadership. In both cases we waited to long to right the ship and waited to long to make necessary corrections. Whether that is facilities, coaches, or AD related. Hopefully we can learn from the past and not settle when the post Marshall arrives.
                  Nah. When 3G retires, FVV should be about ready to retire from the League and take over the Shox bench.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                    A. Athletes are already getting paid (COA)

Tank?

Please define "tank".
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm sure not sure who the man is that made this video, but I want to have his children.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• I about left in the first half. Wish I did.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                          I'm sure not sure who the man is that made this video, but I want to have his children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWvYj7K6V8U
                          Attendance was awful for the game. Shocker fans didn't represent.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                            I about left in the first half. Wish I did.
                            i remember our final season of football. A buddy and I actually did leave in the first half. Time enough to get to Manhattan and watch Brian Bosworth kick the living **** outta the wildcats.

Comment

• Tough crowd.

Comment

• I was expecting a happy ending. I guess that always costs extra.

Comment

Working...
                                X