No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is an extremely large amount of smoke over here.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      There is an extremely large amount of smoke over here.
      Certainly a preponderance of evidence.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Using KenPom analytic rankings, I thought Shockernet might find the following comparison of conferences of interest, should the AAC expand as has been posted by others. IMO an expanded AAC compares favorably to these conferences.

AAC
        K-P

Big East
        K-P

SEC
        K-P

PAC 12
        K-P

Wichita State

Villanova

Florida

UCLA

SMU

Butler

Kentucky

Oregon

Cincinnati

Creighton

Arkansas

Arizona

Dayton

Marquette

South Carolina

Utah

Houston

Xavier

Vanderbilt

California

VCU

Providence

Georgia

Southern Cal

Central Florida

Seton Hall

Texas A&M

Colorado

Memphis

Georgetown

Tennessee

Stanford

Connecticut

St John’s

Alabama

Arizona State

Temple

DePaul

Mississippi

Washington

Tulsa

Auburn

Washington St

East Carolina

Mississippi St

Oregon State

Tulane

LSU

South Florida

Missouri

Last edited by RoyalShock; March 6, 2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• The best thing that could happen to this forum would be an admin removing the ability to change text color.

Gah...

Comment

• Even if there's nothing to the Dayton & VCU rumors. The AAC should stack up favorably with WSU.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              The best thing that could happen to this forum would be an admin removing the ability to change text color.

Gah...
              I fixed it, looks like it was a paste in from elsewhere, which keeps the "normal" black color. With our dark color scheme, that obviously doesn't do well. Why that happens with pasted text, where typed text in these reply boxes maintains the correct color, not sure, other than I know it has do with pasted stuff retaining its original HTML formatting.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Just saw a commercial for the American. Taglines included "Where what goes up doesn't always come down" and "Where the laws of physics don't necessarily apply". I think we need to rethink this whole conference realignment thing. I don't want our players floating into outer space never to be seen again.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                  I fixed it, looks like it was a paste in from elsewhere, which keeps the "normal" black color. With our dark color scheme, that obviously doesn't do well. Why that happens with pasted text, where typed text in these reply boxes maintains the correct color, not sure, other than I know it has do with pasted stuff retaining its original HTML formatting.
                  I prefer to read Shockernet in the lite version rather than this black version; if you are making changes please enable a poster to attach a word file.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    Just saw a commercial for the American. Taglines included "Where what goes up doesn't always come down" and "Where the laws of physics don't necessarily apply". I think we need to rethink this whole conference realignment thing. I don't want our players floating into outer space never to be seen again.
                    I think this is a statement to the AAC coeds more than anything.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                      I prefer to read Shockernet in the lite version rather than this black version; if you are making changes please enable a poster to attach a word file.
                      Attachments are probably dependent upon availability in the software update we need to do in the offseason. We will keep it in mind and see if that feature is available!
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I would like for a representative of the AAC to walk up on stage as we lift the trophy and hand president Bardo a document to sign and have him sign it on stage and hold it up next to the Arch Madness trophy. Hopefully it looks like one of those giant checks people get when they win something.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                          Now it's white on white on mobile....

Comment

• Why does everybody think this happens in 18-19 and not sooner?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Why does everybody think this happens in 18-19 and not sooner?
                              Is that about the time their current TV deal expires?

Comment

• The deal expires in 2019 but you would think they would want to strengthen the league before heading to the negotiation table.
                                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X