American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Okay, since he's the guy over on ValleyTalk, err, MVCFans that got me going on this, here's a classic post from BEARZ77 dated July 2nd, 2011. Yup, according to this brain trust, Gregg Marshall is currently the coach of South Carolina.

You're funny Aargh; you got one guy over here from*Missouri*State*beating a theme and so that's reason*topile on with the insults. I don't mind people confronting the overzealousness of Casey, he's bought that himself; but try*to*stay a little grounded in reality. You can knock what we pay our basketball coaches all you want, but since the day we entered the MVC it's equated*to*more success than you've had at WSU in the same time span. So what's that mean in your grandiose view of WSU basketball. You paid Turgeon $750,000 + and he's gone; you're paying 1.2 million or more*to*Gregg and the minute South Carolina is open he's gone. And in the midst of all that it's bought you the same 1 league championship , 1 less Tournement championship, and 1 less NCAA appearance than us since we entered the league.*

I'll take heat from UNI, CU, and even though they're down now, SIU for fielding a more consistent top level program that got*to*the NCAA tourney over the last 20 years, but not WSU. You were the leagues ***** most of the 90's and have had a smattering of success in the past 10 years, but not enough*to*try*to*float the kind of superior attitude you think others will buy here.You might want*to*try winning something in men's basketball beyond a second tier tournement before you try*to*talk too much smack, cause you flat don't have the capital*to*cover the check your mouth is writing.
    As a side nugget, BEARZ77 is the same poster who made the dubious statement that Thurman and Marshall would make a bigger splash and garner more headlines than Fred and Ron by the time their careers ended.

Yep, consider the source.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
      The Valley website is a great resource. They are not having a good year though.

It's going to be a fight for the auto bid and we are still the team that was just a few innings away from Omaha last year. One bad year does not knock us off of our perch.
      lol, actually, it does.

But at least you have something else to finally hang your hat on since about 2003.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• What is a perch in this context? And how long does it take one to build said perch?

Also, I'm now going to refer to our F4 appearance as "one jump ball away from a national championship" when addressing MSU fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          What is a perch in this context? And how long does it take one to build said perch?

Also, I'm now going to refer to our F4 appearance as "one jump ball away from a national championship" when addressing MSU fans.
          But....this would be an accurate assessment.

Also, I've been doing some fishing lately, and I believe it would be relatively easy to get knocked off of a perch.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Do you all realize how many cows they had to sell to get that perch?
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              Do you all realize how many cows they had to sell to get that perch?
              not to mention the meth.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                Do you all realize how many cows they had to sell to get that perch?
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• http://www.news-leader.com/story/spo...ival/83501690/ interesting timing

Comment

• Originally posted by bpwsu86 View Post
                    Pitiful research. "arena less than half-filled for most games" "with average attendance dropping to 4,500" FACTS: 98-99 average 7,858. Only 95-96 (5528) and 93-64 (5982) has attendance been less than 6,674.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I also liked the part about a bunch of KU fans buying season tickets because Turgeon had gone to KU.

When you are lacking for facts, nothing is better than just creating your own.

Comment

• Numbers, citations, and facts just aren't a thing to modern journalists. They have gone the way of the dodo bird, much like other things in that industry like neutrality, lack of bias, and checking work for spelling and punctuation errors.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Numbers, citations, and facts just aren't a thing to modern journalists. They have gone the way of the dodo bird, much like other things in that industry like neutrality, lack of bias, and checking work for spelling and punctuation errors.
                          I just found it odd because he clearly did do a fair amount of research and interviews. But then just randomly interjected his own false misconceptions 3 or 4 times when he needed to flush out a paragraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            Numbers, citations, and facts just aren't a thing to modern journalists. They have gone the way of the dodo bird, much like other things in that industry like neutrality, lack of bias, and checking work for spelling and punctuation errors.
                            Gee; you make it sound like they all would be good Presidential candidates!

Comment

• Wichita State will have more information at the end of this month.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                                http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Wichita State will have more information at the end of this month.
                                Nothing new here. No conlusions forthcoming.

I would prefer the unfavorable geography of the AAC or the Big East over the time zone of the west coast. Less exposure.

Comment

Working...
                                X