No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello WSU fans! Thought it would be fun to talk with you and weigh in on realignment. Speaking for myself, I really hope there is some legs to this as I believe WSU would make a great add to the AAC. I think you would make for a great addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats#1 View Post
      Hello WSU fans! Thought it would be fun to talk with you and weigh in on realignment. Speaking for myself, I really hope there is some legs to this as I believe WSU would make a great add to the AAC. I think you would make for a great addition.
      Thanks for coming over! We would love for a move to the AAC to become reality! Playing Cincinatti every year would be a dream come true for us.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Thanks for coming over! We would love for a move to the AAC to become reality! Playing Cincinatti every year would be a dream come true for us.
        As WSU fans whats your take on the travel in the AAC vs MVC? Will your school be ok with the increased travel costs? Esp for non revenue sports?

Also, is D1 football a possibility down the road?

Comment

As WSU fans whats your take on the travel in the AAC vs MVC? Will your school be ok with the increased travel costs? Esp for non revenue sports?

The travel cost won't be that much more that they are now with all of the Southern teams in the American. It would be a great fit for not just basketball, but also baseball and the other sports. I personally have no desire to bring football back. What is your take on your commissioners statement? Is this dead?

Comment

I don't think travel will be an issue. It will cost more but will also be offset some by TV money and other benefits of a better conference.

I think football is unlikely to be restarted unless that's what it takes to get us out of the MVC.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

The only way D1 football would be possible is if it didn't impact our current sports. If we could find someone willing to endow a few hundred million, then it is possible. If the funding came from reducing the budgets of our other programs or from student fees, then I don't think it will come back.

Comment

• Well, poop.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• WuDrWu

I would love to find out WuDrWu's take on all of this. He seems to have a finger on the pulse of the program.
                  Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Another Bearcat fan here. I too would welcome the Shockers (and potentially a couple more non-football members) with open arms as long as the add strengthens hoops and doesn't affect the AAC's per school payout. WSU would definitely help shore up hoops in the AAC, plus there is already a little history between Wichita State and Cincinnati. We haven't played each other since the early 80s, but we did share a conference in the 50s and 60s during our National Championship runs, and I believe Wichita State is still one of our top 20 most-played opponents. And while I'm not all that well connected, the few rumblings I have heard indicate further conference realignment is still a very real possibility. I believe this WSU to AAC rumor has some legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                      The travel cost won't be that much more that they are now with all of the Southern teams in the American. It would be a great fit for not just basketball, but also baseball and the other sports. I personally have no desire to bring football back. What is your take on your commissioners statement? Is this dead?
                      I really dont know Aresco's take on WSU and football. That was just a personal question. For the record, if all we add is WSU, then fb is a non issue because as it sits now you guys would be offsetting Navy who is fb only anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                        Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                        I don't think travel will be an issue. It will cost more but will also be offset some by TV money and other benefits of a better conference.

I think football is unlikely to be restarted unless that's what it takes to get us out of the MVC.
                        Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                        The only way D1 football would be possible is if it didn't impact our current sports. If we could find someone willing to endow a few hundred million, then it is possible. If the funding came from reducing the budgets of our other programs or from student fees, then I don't think it will come back.
                        Originally posted by Bearcats#1 View Post
                        I really dont know Aresco's take on WSU and football. That was just a personal question. For the record, if all we add is WSU, then fb is a non issue because as it sits now you guys would be offsetting Navy who is fb only anyway.
                        Without football, I’m afraid we’re forever stuck in the MVC.
                        I’ve been a long-time proponent of bringing back WSU football. Yes, football is expensive and risky, but I’ll continue to dream about having something like this…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• There may have been discussions regarding the future possibilities of adding football. We don't know what phone conversations or e-mails between university AD's or Presidents. It's very possible that Bardo has been involved behind the scenes and it isn't common knowledge.

Comment

• That not What we wanted to hear. Looks like we are stuck into the MVC. Elgin will probably be passing Marshall resume to every AD in a P5 conference that has an opening.

Comment

• Too many people believe everything they read. Tweets may not be reliable either. Don't jump to conclusions.

Comment

• I would still prefer a new conference made up of teams from MVC, Summit, etc

Comment

Working...
                                X