American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God bless Gene and Gilda!
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• A player can usually play through a uvula injury, but an injury in the area of the patella can be season-ending for a volleyball player.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
        That is an interesting commentary of Georgia. You would know better than me obviously but my impression has always been that there are a ton of Bama and Auburn fans there too. Proximity to Auburn, AL is a big thing. Sort of similar to the OU/Texas thing and the fact that OU gets a ton of Texans with UT offers. Regardless, as good as UGA is historically, they are underachievers considering the amount of raw talent in that state.
        Did not mean to imply there are not other fans. Based on fan apparel it would be Alabama, Kennesaw State (I live xloae to campus-they have 35K students), then GT. Saw an SIU shirt last week. Almost stopped to introduce myself but did not want ro ruin his lunch or worse get a sandwich thrown @ me.

Comment

• There was a piece written today that stated that the Houston market TV ratings for the OU game were 50% higher than the highest rated college game last year (A&M/Alabama) and 78% higher than OU/Texas. There is a lot of local interest in the UH program, it's a sleeping giant, as they say.

Comment

• Dr. Bardo and football again.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              There was a piece written today that stated that the Houston market TV ratings for the OU game were 50% higher than the highest rated college game last year (A&M/Alabama) and 78% higher than OU/Texas. There is a lot of local interest in the UH program, it's a sleeping giant, as they say.
              The latest sportswriters poll featured five Texas teams in the top 25:

Note that U of H was one of those ranked teams and won the Missouri Valley Conference football championship in 1957. Ironically, 1957 was the year Oklahoma A&M (now Oklahoma State) left the Missouri Valley Conference for the Big 8.

U of H has had some success in football, but yes, they are a sleeping giant. As for basketball, let's see what Tillman's $20 million dollar gift does for the program. I know they rebuilt the basketball training facility and I'm hearing it's state of the art.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                MEH - just bob lutz beating the dead horse. Nothing new.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Yes, but if it could be done right, I would like to see football brought back. I'd also like to see us leave the MVC. We have been loyal for many years and don't have much to show for it...

Comment

So, do you believe Dr. Bardo considers football to be a dead horse?
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      So, do you believe Dr. Bardo considers football to be a dead horse?
                      Dr. Bardo wants to bring back marching bands and football (and all the other additional women sports) - that in itself would grow the student population. Only thing holding him back is money.

The "dead horse" I was speaking of was Lutz - he didn't have anything else to write about so I guess, so he just figured he write his token football story that had no new information or new insight - cause that might have required him to beat the bushes and work to get any new information. I'm suprised nobody has talked to some of the "money" people in wichita and got their insight into bringing football back.

Comment

Dr. Bardo wants to bring back marching bands and football (and all the other additional women sports) - that in itself would grow the student population. Only thing holding him back is money.

The "dead horse" I was speaking of was Lutz - he didn't have anything else to write about so I guess, so he just figured he write his token football story that had no new information or new insight - cause that might have required him to beat the bushes and work to get any new information. I'm suprised nobody has talked to some of the "money" people in wichita and got their insight into bringing football back.
                        Bob doesn't seem the type to hang around people who would give him info.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

I'm fairly split on the football issue; I might be 60/40 or 70/30 in the pro-football camp, but that's about it. That said, if WSU doesn't either get a new conference and/or football, then Bardo stands to lose quite a bit on the PR front among the WSU community, and a ton within the greater non-WSU world around us, what with all of the talk and twitter pictures. He either had the football booster start-up capital pretty well shored up early on, or he steered the ship towards the shore in a (seemingly nonsensical) result of his own creation. No amount of pre-faced "at the end of the day we might do nothing" talk is going to cover his rear.
                          Last edited by SHOCKvalue; September 8, 2016, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            I'm fairly split on the football issue; I might be 60/40 or 70/30 in the pro-football camp, but that's about it. That said, if WSU doesn't either get a new conference and/or football, then Bardo stands to lose quite a bit on the PR front among the WSU community, and a ton within the greater non-WSU world around us, what with all of the talk and twitter pictures. He either had the football booster start-up capital pretty well shored up early on, or he steered the ship towards the shore in (seemingly nonsensically) result of his own creation. No amount of pre-faced "at the end of the day we might do nothing" talk is going to cover his rear.
                            Agreed. This whole process seems like a pre-conceived plan; whether just to feel for support or not I can't tell. But I've always thought Bardo had thought this out before tweeting a helmet and bus pic. That's too reckless to do unless you have a pretty solid base of financial support in the ready.

Comment

• I don't see why we can't just have an intramural team and beat Missouri State every year. Just put together a team with some frat guys and the baseball team players in their off season and then schedule Mo State, KU and a handful of other teams and there you go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                I don't see why we can't just have an intramural team and beat Missouri State every year. Just put together a team with some frat guys and the baseball team players in their off season and then schedule Mo State, KU and a handful of other teams and there you go.
                                Perhaps the baseball players would be better served observing breaking balls during their off-season. In my assessment, most appear to have never seen such a thing before.

Comment

Working...
                                X