American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I can't get past how much this looks like the drunk district attorney down in Travis County, Texas. Sorry for the off topic post, but that enters my brain every time I scroll through this thread. LMAO

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      I can't get past how much this looks like the drunk district attorney down in Travis County, Texas. Sorry for the off topic post, but that enters my brain every time I scroll through this thread. LMAO

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• From MissouriState247.com

This may be a dumb question, but I mean it in all sincerity...is the Big 12 even a remote possibility? And if not...why not? Is it our small endowment, lack of specific programs, athletic facilities? I really don't know.

I have always assumed we'd need to take a step up to a conference like the SunBelt as a baby step toward the Big 12 (in say 20-25 years). But I'm just curious if there are specific things that disqualify us from the Big 12 today. If not, is it possible the administration is dreaming so big that they'd rather skip a shot at the SBC thinking we could have a shot at the Big 12 within the next 10 years?

Yes, Missouri State, it is your small endowment. This is why you can't get a second date with a hot chick, this is why you always complain about the pool being cold and this is why you won't get an invitation to the prom, err, Big 12. Now stay up late, watch the PosTvac infomercial, buy the thing, use it and call the Big 12 when you're a bit more endowed.
        Last edited by MoValley John; August 28, 2014, 10:54 PM.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• $61M endowment??? Wow, that is small.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            is the Big 12 even a remote possibility?
            I'd like to apologize to anyone down in Wichita who I woke up with my laughter from all the way up here in Illinois...what a delusional joke...

Comment

• This is exactly why SWOMO will never amount to anything. They always set their sights too low. They shoot for the Big XII when they could shoot for the SEC. They hire Paul Lusk when they could hire Coach K. They recruit kids like Austin Ruder (no offense to him) when you could be landing Thon Makers. The only thing holding SWOMO back is themselves.

Comment

• Ok, found the actual post on their board. At least there is someone there to immediately set the record straight. The first person to respond clears it up and says SWOMO has no shot at the Big XII.....because their academics aren't good enough.

.......wtf

Comment

• BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!111

That is some funny sh*t right there.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    $61M endowment??? Wow, that is small.
                    It has been a while since I looked all the data up, but IIRC WSU absolutely destroys the rest of the public schools in the MVC when it comes to endowment. Totally the haves versus have-nots.

I'm also fairly sure that MSU's athletic budget is towards the bottom of the MVC as well. Another place where we totally own the Valley of Fluff.

That's not to say our profile fits a P5 conference either, but it sure feels like we are the lone progressor in a conference of regressors.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      It has been a while since I looked all the data up, but IIRC WSU absolutely destroys the rest of the public schools in the MVC when it comes to endowment. Totally the haves versus have-nots.

I'm also fairly sure that MSU's athletic budget is towards the bottom of the MVC as well. Another place where we totally own the Valley of Fluff.

That's not to say our profile fits a P5 conference either, but it sure feels like we are the lone progressor in a conference of regressors.
                      You piqued my interest, so...

oyola University Chicago Chicago, Illinois (2,718,782) Private $405,955,000 Ramblers
                      Bradley University Peoria, Illinois (119,698) Private $227,539,450 Braves
                      Wichita State University Wichita, Kansas (385,577) Public $210,567,384 Shockers
                      Drake University Des Moines, Iowa (203,433) Private $149,284,407 Bulldogs
                      Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Illinois (26,241) Public $94,596,800 Salukis
                      University of Evansville Evansville, Indiana (120,235) Private
                      (Methodist)
                      $74,420,319 Purple Aces (most)
                      Lady Aces (women's basketball)
                      University of Northern Iowa Cedar Falls, Iowa (39,993) Public $68,600,583 Panthers
                      Illinois State University Normal, Illinois (53,837) Public $67,288,958 Redbirds
                      Missouri State University Springfield, Missouri (164,122) Public $62,262,517 Bears (men's)
                      Lady Bears (women's basketball)
                      Indiana State University Terre Haute, Indiana (61,112) Public $47,585,398 Sycamores
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Just for comparison's sake, here's the American:

"It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• ....and I bet that if Wichita St. moved to the AAC...that the dollars for endowment would go even HIGHER!!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I am surprised Tulsa has that much scrilla.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              I am surprised Tulsa has that much scrilla.
                              oil
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                You piqued my interest, so...
                                Not trying to "fact" you at all, but the WSU figure you have is actually low. The WSU Foundation says that as of a little over a year ago we sit at $237M, and I believe I've heard in the media recently that giving to WSU has been at record levels lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X