Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pony94 View Post
    https://twitter.com/American_MBB/status/897835346045620224
    Visible and clickable. 2020-22 AAC basketball tourney at Dickie's Arena in Ft. Worth

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Visible and clickable. 2020-22 AAC basketball tourney at Dickie's Arena in Ft. Worth

https://twitter.com/American_MBB/sta...35346045620224
      Seems like a very good decision. Brand new 400+ million dollar around 14,000 seat arena. I would think the crowds should be excellent with the 6 schools that can drive to the event.

Comment

• Interesting. Overall, I like the choice. Not a bad drive from Wichita, certainly shorter than St. Louis. Dallas/Ft. Worth area is a great location in my opinion. But I kinda wish they were going to continue to move locations every year or so.

I had to google Dickies Arena because I haven't heard of it. And know I know why. It is a brand new 14,000 seat arena set to open in November 2019. So it will be BRAND spanking new for our tournament In March 2020. Looks like it's located in a "cultural district" with museums, a huge park and an area filled with restaurants and bars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
          Seems like a very good decision. Brand new 400+ million dollar around 14,000 seat arena. I would think the crowds should be excellent with the 6 schools that can drive to the event.
          Houston fans expect maybe 10 people to show up. Tulsa only averages a couple thousand for their home games. SMU has a small gym (around 7,000) and doesn't fill it. That place will be CKA South.

Memphis and Tulane are reasonable drives, but I doubt they're going to have much of a following - maybe Memphis in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            Interesting. Overall, I like the choice. Not a bad drive from Wichita, certainly shorter than St. Louis. Dallas/Ft. Worth area is a great location in my opinion. But I kinda wish they were going to continue to move locations every year or so.

I had to google Dickies Arena because I haven't heard of it. And know I know why. It is a brand new 14,000 seat arena set to open in November 2019. So it will be BRAND spanking new for our tournament In March 2020. Looks like it's located in a "cultural district" with museums, a huge park and an area filled with restaurants and bars.
            I agree about moving it around, but I remember several comments from the AAC about wanting to establish some sponsors, and it's much easier to do when you've got some stability in location. It's clear that's what they're after with this announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Houston fans expect maybe 10 people to show up. Tulsa only averages a couple thousand for their home games. SMU has a small gym (around 7,000) and doesn't fill it. That place will be CKA South.

Memphis and Tulane are reasonable drives, but I doubt they're going to have much of a following - maybe Memphis in a few years.
              I think most SMU fans would reject the idea that they don't have strong MBB support. Maybe not WSU strong, but they blow away anything in that conference we just left.

Comment

• Kind of strange having a 98.2% filled arena being called empty

Comment

• Originally posted by pony94 View Post
                  Kind of strange having a 98.2% filled arena being called empty
                  Are you saying that 98.2,% of 7,000 is great? Can you do 7,000 at Ft. worth?

Comment

• My reference was to Dickie's being CKA South, not Moody.

Comment

• It beats the heck out of venues in the SE and the NE. Be interesting to see how the Memphis tournament is attended.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        It beats the heck out of venues in the SE and the NE. Be interesting to see how the Memphis tournament is attended.
                        It should be very well attended. It will be one of only a couple of times that they can see their local Memphis recruits....on the Shockers Roster!

Comment

• I saw there is an AAC channel on Roku, anyone know if they broadcast games?
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            I saw there is an AAC channel on Roku, anyone know if they broadcast games?
                            @ShockerPrez:

I'm watching any responses to your post very carefully. It might be time to transition from AppleTV if Roku carries AAC and Apple does not.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              I saw there is an AAC channel on Roku, anyone know if they broadcast games?
                              Highlights, interviews and live events from the American Athletic Conference (AAC)

I'm not sure how helpful this information is since the author does some assuming and was written back in 2014, but it looks promising!

The American Digital Network is the Roku channel where you can find AAC (American Athletic Conference) highlights, interviews, news and live coverage of sporting events.
                              I just recently bought a TV with Built-in Roku, so this would be amazing if true!

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                                @ShockerPrez:

I'm watching any responses to your post very carefully. It might be time to transition from AppleTV if Roku carries AAC and Apple does not.
                                I have just recently dumped TW up here. Im extremely happy with Roku and PS Vue, but not sure how much Shocker BB I sacraficed in doing so. I would be content with being able to watch replays on TV, and listen to MK live.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X