American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    I'm huge on the Missouri State board! Fev would be proud of me!
    Which board ?

Comment

• Brigg's field football board on Arkansas State mentions Missouri State.
      Last edited by Jtaylor; August 31, 2014, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
        Which board ?
        Missouri State 247. Briggs Field forum. I post a little something here, they go apeshit over there. I am not registered on there board and have never posted over there but it is funny as hell!

They already had to delete one thread because I pointed out that if the Arkansas State AD publicly mentioned that the Sun Belt conference contacted Missouri State, that would constitute tortious interference. They seem to not understand the concept. Texas A&M, Baylor, Ken Starr, SEC and Big 12 anyone?

Now they are freaking out because I pointed out that they just aren't well endowed.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Can someone please explain why the Sun Belt appeals to them so much? Seems like it's a step backwards in basketball. Is the football that good?
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Don't tell that to any IlSt fans. From what I've seen they think there should have been a foul on Cotton. None of them seem to be sure what the foul should be, but seem quite sure it should have been called. Perhaps he used illegal amounts of athleticism. Or maybe he dunked too hard whilst being impeded without regard for women, children, or rims.
            Yep, they're not used to seeing much of that at Redturd Arena. It had to be illegal. John Jones did get assaulted though. Assaulted badly.

God, that was great.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              I'm huge on the Missouri State board! Fev would be proud of me!
              They are quite fond of you MVJ. That's pretty solid that you are called out and you aren't even a poster over there. You must've really riled their feathers. Truth hurts I guess?

Missouri State fans have to be some of the more delusional ones I've seen on message boards. Their definition of "big time football" and their thoughts of anybody wanting them and their 3,000 fans a game they bring in is just comical. Not to mention they have no $ and everybody in their fanbase constantly bitches about high ticket prices when they can get into basketball games there for $5. It's just pathetic.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                Can someone please explain why the Sun Belt appeals to them so much? Seems like it's a step backwards in basketball. Is the football that good?
                They seem to be fascinated with the idea that the Sun Belt is "big time football", since it's not I-AA, and by getting in there, they would be getting on CBS, ESPN, etc and bringing in Alabama and LSU for home games.

In reality, the Sun Belt is worse than a lot of I-AA leagues. When Arkansas State and Louisiana Lafayette are what you're wanting to latch on to in college football, well... ya, I dunno.

And this doesn't even bring basketball into the picture, which would be hilariously bad.

They should do a case study on this phenomenon. It's mind-boggling.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Here is a sample of what was posted. It is pretty funny.

This is Wichita State's answer to this question on Shocker Net. I guess since they don't have a football team they use their time until basketball season to criticisze MVC teams that do. This is Wichita state where the main employer in town and where most of their alumni work is is Cargill slaughter plant. The school who most famous alumni isn't a basketball player but BTK serial killer Dennis Rader!
                  From MissouriState247.com

Comment

• A fanbase that thinks that football is the ticket to success because of all the big money in the sport is like an individual who decides to be a geography major because of all the money Michael Jordan makes.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Its funny you say that Fever, as ULL is EXACTLY what what many Wichita State fans want Wichita State to be.

Last year they shared the conference title in Football, and won the New Orleans bowl.

They finished 3rd in their league in basketball, winning the auto bid and played in the NCAA Tourney.

Their softball team has been to 6 College World Series and is a regular in NCAA Tournament.

The baseball team hosted a Super Regional this year, and was ranked #1 in all major polls.

Now toss Arky St all you want, but many would take the Sun-Belt if we had a chance tonadd FB and know that our other programs could continue to thrive as ULL's has.

Comment

• @DSB, ULL's success is impressive. I intend this queston to be sincere and not to be a put down to ULL or the Sun Belt. Per warrennolan.com, the Sun Belt ranked 19th in basketball conference RPI last year. Do you think WSU could achieve the success it has in the past few years if it were in the Sun Belt?

Comment

• Yes.

12th or lower, you have to do what Gonzaga did, or Memphis did, or we did last year. Play a tough out of conference, and avoid the canyons that exist in conference.

The issue would be fully funding Football, and NOT changing budget and planning for other sports. At this point it cant be done.

I was not trying to argue that we should join the Sun Belt, but rather that ULL is exactly who MoSU wants to try to emulate, and didnt fit with the point he wanted to make.

Comment

• Perhaps you're right on that. Seems like even a bigger hill to climb if you're in the 19th RPI conference with even more RPI drag from your conference sked. I agree with you about the concern on the resource allocation challenges with football. I get your point on ULL and I was not aware of the success that their athletic program is achieving. It is certainly worthy of laud.
                            Last edited by Shocker-maniac; August 31, 2014, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              Perhaps you're right on that. Seems like even a bigger hill to climb if you're in the 19th RPI conference with even more RPI drag from your conference sked. I agree with you about the concern on the resource allocation challenges with football. I get your point on ULL and I was not aware of the success that their athletic program is achieving. Certainly worthy of laud.
                              It would be achievable, and made easier by bringing up the level of competition around you. Zags and WCC as example.

The thing about ULL is that they have done all this with a budget under $20mil.

Comment

• The comedy in this has nothing to do with the ability of a school like ULL to outperform its conference, but Missouri State's ability to compete in any conference. The SBC is a huge step down in basketball. It is also questionable as to whether or not the SBC is the absolute worst FBS conference. In fact, the MVFC, playing Pop Warner ball, has the best teams in FCS, most MVFC teams are probably better than SBC teams. The move from the MVC to the SBC would be a step up only in the fact that it is FBS and not FCS.

If you read all of the thread, you will understand that some people on that board think the SBC would be good for Missouri State because the league socks and therefore they would actually have a chance at an autobid! In other words, they have long ago abandoned the anyone, anywhere mantra, and are ready to adopt the we such so let's qualify by playing bigger losers strategy.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X