• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sucks.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
      I am pretty sure that the MIAA would welcome you with open arms. Do you like the Sun Belt or Southland conference? I just have a hard time seeing the A10 going west into Sedgwick County and I don't really think that the MWC is realistically looking for a non-football school at this point despite the mixed rhetoric that I have heard. I didn't read the previous pages on this thread so if these points have been ironed out then excuse my redundancy.
      You should certainly pick a random argument on issues that have already been discussed numerous times because you're too lazy to read.

Here are another few threads regarding realignment that would also help to answer your question that you can choose to not read while still trying to pick an argument over an issue you haven't bothered to research:

AAC: http://www.csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=627350
      Big East: http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=627128
      http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=625358
      A-10: http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10-conference/492289-c-7-stay-10-a.html

MWC: http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?showtopic=47170
      http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?showtopic=47169
      http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?showtopic=47081

I found all of those conversations about us joining those conferences in three minutes of looking.

If Saint Louis and Dayton are staying in the A-10, I would put money on us joining the A-10 in the near future.
      Last edited by Rlh04d; April 13, 2013, 10:06 PM.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Let's see what this will do to our RPI, and compare it to other conferences. This is with the conferences as they will be in 2013 (big changes for the B1G and AAC in 2014).

1 B1G 0.5772
        2 ACC 0.5662
        3 MWC 0.5635
        4 BE 0.5596
        5 Big 12 0.5584
        6 AAC 0.5583
        7 Pac 12 0.5546
        8 SEC 0.5419
        9 A10 0.5397
        10 WCC 0.5285
        11 MVC 0.5267

So, yeah. Competing for the #10 spot, and about .200 off the strong conferences. Full steam ahead on the "Leave the conference, anyway possible" plan. Especially if Dayton/SLU are going to stay with the A10.

EDIT:

If the rumors of UIC joining along with Loyola-Chicago, then the MVC would drop to .5174. In comparison, C-USA was .5168 this year, and the Horizon League would have been .5059 without the two Chicago schools.
        Last edited by CBB_Fan; April 13, 2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
          So, yeah. Competing for the #10 spot, and about .200 off the strong conferences. Full steam ahead on the "Leave the conference, anyway possible" plan. Especially if Dayton/SLU are going to stay with the A10.
          Yep. A-10 is significantly ahead of the Valley now with for next year. If we were to leave, that A-10 RPI immediately jumps up to .545, ahead of the SEC. The Valley's drops to .513, well out of the top 10.

Obviously those numbers aren't going to be quite a fair comparison, though. A-10 RPIs will drop given the loss of Butler and Xavier. Valley RPIs will drop with both the loss of Creighton and the addition of Loyola #3. And if WSU were to join, we would positively impact the RPIs of the A-10 schools, while negatively impacting the RPIs of the Valley schools.
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            Yep. A-10 is significantly ahead of the Valley now with WSU. If we were to leave, that A-10 RPI immediately jumps up to .545, ahead of the SEC. The Valley's drops to .513, well out of the top 10.
            What was the MVC thinking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              Yep. A-10 is significantly ahead of the Valley now with WSU. If we were to leave, that A-10 RPI immediately jumps up to .545, ahead of the SEC. The Valley's drops to .513, well out of the top 10.
              And that switch needs to be made.

Comment

• How conferences outside of the top 10 in RPI have fared in receiving At-Large bids:

2013: 1 At-Large bid (Middle Tennessee in the last-four in)
                2012: 3 At-Large bids (2 in last-four-in) (MAAC AQ gets 15 seed)
                2011: 0 At-Large bids
                2010: 2 At-Large bids (CUSA & WCC) (CUSA AQ gets 13 seed)
                2009: 1 At-Large bid (Horizon AQ gets 13 seed)
                2008: 3 At-Large bids (WCC & Sun Belt) (WCC AQ gets 13 seed, Sun Belt AQ gets 12 seed)

Pretty easy pattern to see: You only get an at-large bid in a non-top 10 conference if one team dominates the conference and another team lucks into winning the conference tournament out from under them. The WCC, though, with Gonzaga and Saint Mary's dominating the rest of the conference has been able to be the exception to this.

Or in other words, this might not stop US from getting at-large bids if we can pull a Gonzaga. However, in most years the Valley would be a one-bid conference, which likely means a significant hit in NCAA shares for the Valley, unless we make consistent Sweet 16-to-Final Four runs. Considering how cash-strapped most teams in the Valley are, I doubt many of them can afford to lose too many NCAA shares. Were we to leave, the conference almost certainly becomes a one-bid league.

This is the only problem with the idea of us "going Gonzaga" on the Valley -- who is going to be our Saint Mary's?
                Last edited by Rlh04d; April 13, 2013, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• I'm packing my bags and heading to the A-10. I'll meet the rest of you there later.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    You could just call it an unbalanced schedule and set it up however you want. That's how the Big XII used to do Football. All the good (south) schools played each other every year and the bad (north) schools were only played once. That's why Nebraska left. They quit winning the "bad" division.
                    i hope that was all sarcasm because when the scheduling was set up it was the north division that was better. and the scheduling wasnt quite promotion/regulation. each division played each other every year then 3 schools from the other division. those 3 schools were switched every 2 years.

as for the nebraska comment, you might want to check the big12 north champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                      I'm packing my bags and heading to the A-10. I'll meet the rest of you there later.
                      Put the beer on ice so its good and cold when we get there.

Thanks
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• from shockwaves

Sexton said WSU remains vigilant during this time of conference realignment. Are there better options for WSU? Nothing imminent.
                        “Conference realignment is as dynamic as the day as long,” he said. “We will continue to evaluate what we need to do, continue to evaluate that we are always in the right place for the long-term interests of Wichita State University.”

Comment

• Interesting that our intrepid AD omitted the word "athletics" in his comment. I am not saying his cryptoquip is pro-Valley or anti-Valley. I am simply looking at what was not said/reported as much as what was NOT said.

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                          Last edited by DUShock; April 17, 2013, 11:28 AM. Reason: Omitted Word
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Did anyone hear the local afternoon sports show on KGSO yesterday? They put forth an interesting hypothesis that WSU would be a good fit for the American Athletic Conference. His theory is that I think in 2014 Navy will become a football only member of the conference, and that WSU would even out their membership on the basketball side. It seems to me that Tulsa and probably the TX schools would be supportive of this move. Of all of the WSU and conferrence realignment speculatiom I've heard recently, this one seems to make the most sense to me. Thoughts?
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              Did anyone hear the local afternoon sports show on KGSO yesterday? They put forth an interesting hypothesis that WSU would be a good fit for the American Athletic Conference. His theory is that I think in 2014 Navy will become a football only member of the conference, and that WSU would even out their membership on the basketball side. It seems to me that Tulsa and probably the TX schools would be supportive of this move. Of all of the WSU and conferrence realignment speculatiom I've heard recently, this one seems to make the most sense to me. Thoughts?
                              It's been talked about before, but if they only add one nonfootball, it would be VCU. But some of their fans who support this think they should add three such members in which we'd be one.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I've been leaning to the AAC for a while now.
                                Last edited by tropicalshox; April 17, 2013, 11:03 AM.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X