American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    Look, no offense, but you're a Bald Knobber. What do you know about the state of Kansas athletic teams, schools, academics, or history, except that you pine for SwoMo to be like WSU? But since you brought it up. Prince's 3 seasons at KSU went 4-4, 3-5, 2-6 ( a definite death spiral ), and certainly dependent on the recruits of Snyder.
    KU has the money, prestige, and national brand to bury KSU in the consideration set of conference expansion discussions. KSU is a glorified MWC program who receives a prestige bump by belonging to the Big XII; not by anything they've accomplished. Once BS hits 100 and retires, KSU will be playing in Bill Snyder Family Dust Bowl Stadium. I simply don't see how they'd be an attractive addition outside the MWC.
    I have underlined the key words in your rant. For the love of all that is holy...go see your doctor.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      I get what you are trying to say, and I understand your allegiance to KU, but outside of basketball, KU is nothing. And in the grand scheme of things, the P-5 cares much less about basketball than football. The viewers in which you are saying that KU has, are basketball viewers. KU does not even begin to generate any interest in football. Do they have football viewers? I know when I see KU playing football, I can't flip the channel fast enough.

KU could get into the B1G based on academics, that is the KU advantage. The B1G doesn't need another basketball school, they have plenty, they need western football schools. Kansas doesn't bring that and Kansas State doesn't bring the academics or research.

KSU could go to the SEC because the SEC couldn't give two fats in a punchbowl about academics. The SEC doesn't care much about basketball outside of Kentucky, either. The SEC cares about winning football, period.

KU to the B1G, maybe, KSU to the SEC, maybe.

Iowa State... Well, sorry you spent $60 mil on your football stadium upgrade.
      I could be mistake , but I believe that KSU has many academic advantages over KU.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
        I have underlined the key words in your rant. For the love of all that is holy...go see your doctor.
        You a Kitten fan?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If I remember correctly, during the first round of realignment talk when Texas was about to disband the big 12, ku and ksu were on the outside looking in at being invited to a major football conference.
          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post
            Sweet baby Jesus! Does anyone anywhere give arats ass what cowherd has to say about anything? Just sayin!
            I'm with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              I get what you are trying to say, and I understand your allegiance to KU, but outside of basketball, KU is nothing. And in the grand scheme of things, the P-5 cares much less about basketball than football. The viewers in which you are saying that KU has, are basketball viewers. KU does not even begin to generate any interest in football. Do they have football viewers? I know when I see KU playing football, I can't flip the channel fast enough.

KU could get into the B1G based on academics, that is the KU advantage. The B1G doesn't need another basketball school, they have plenty, they need western football schools. Kansas doesn't bring that and Kansas State doesn't bring the academics or research.

KSU could go to the SEC because the SEC couldn't give two fats in a punchbowl about academics. The SEC doesn't care much about basketball outside of Kentucky, either. The SEC cares about winning football, period.

KU to the B1G, maybe, KSU to the SEC, maybe.

Iowa State... Well, sorry you spent $60 mil on your football stadium upgrade.
              Kentucky, Duke football sucks. Exceptions are made,
              Kansas will be a token for B1G
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Even though it's a long shot, I'll be glad when this thread gets back to discussing our next conference.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  Even though it's a long shot, I'll be glad when this thread gets back to discussing our next conference.
                  That's a long shot in sooo many ways!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I think it's more realistic to think that all the current MVC teams make major commitments to basketball and become perennial top-100 programs than it is to think WSU can join a better conference.

Even if Kansas State and Iowa State got left behind in a P5 shakeup, is there any reason to believe those programs, when no longer associated with a P5 conference, would put better basketball teams on the court than a typical MVC school?
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

A rant? Ma'am, that is no rant. Review my posts about ADES dismissing fHCGS. THAT's a rant. My post in which you're referencing, is a polite way to educate the less fortunate wildcat lurkers like yourself, that the only hope for continued inclusion in a P5 conference is the continued existence of the Big XII. Better hope Nebraska rumors are true.

The Kansas board of regents won't save your ass either. Hell, Riley county can't even fill Bramalage for basketball. When OB (err BS) retires, it's over.

By the way, speaking of BB, what happened with BW wanting to schedule a game with WSU? Wouldn't he accept a 3:2 (Koch, Bramlage, Intrust, Sprint, Koch)

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                        A rant? Ma'am, that is no rant. Review my posts about ADES dismissing fHCGS. THAT's a rant. My post in which you're referencing, is a polite way to educate the less fortunate wildcat lurkers like yourself, that the only hope for continued inclusion in a P5 conference is the continued existence of the Big XII. Better hope Nebraska rumors are true.

The Kansas board of regents won't save your ass either. Hell, Riley county can't even fill Bramalage for basketball. When OB (err BS) retires, it's over.

By the way, speaking of BB, what happened with BW wanting to schedule a game with WSU? Wouldn't he accept a 3:2 (Koch, Bramlage, Intrust, Sprint, Koch)
                        Veritas, I am interested in your thoughts regards the Shockers chances for gaining admission to a new Conference that could form should the Big 12 implode. Do you think the former Big 12 schools not picked up by the remaining P4 conferences would accept WSU should they form a new MidWest Conference? I am very doubtful the Shockers would be admitted regardless of the quality of their sports programs sans football.

IMO Texas and OU are the only Big 12 members that could be considered a lock to be picked up by the remaining P4 conferences; should they both join the B1G, Kansas will be left out of the P4 schools. The ACC, Pac12 and SEC will IMO have no interest in admitting Kansas, so the JayHawks need OU and Texas to join the SEC or maybe the PAC 12. If this happens, KU would most likely be competing with six other schools (Butler, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Iowa State, Villanova and West Virginia) for B1G membership. The ACC could help KU if they add Connecticut and Villanova to their conference.

Comment

• Any realignment is about football and football only. Therefore, outside a basketball only conference, or a lessor conference than the Valley, we're stuck.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Veritas

I took the liberty of making the appointment for you. Be at Prairie View Mental Health Center, in Newton, Kansas, by 7:00 am, on Tuesday of next week. Ask to see Dr. Ben Dova or Dr. Ima Tool

Comment

Originally Posted by Veritas

I took the liberty of making the appointment for you. Be at Prairie View Mental Health Center, in Newton, Kansas, by 7:00 am, on Tuesday of next week. Ask to see Dr. Ben Dova or Dr. Ima Tool
                              Kittie fans know a lot about bending over while working with tools. Are these "Docs" relatives of yours?
                              Last edited by Veritas; July 3, 2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Shocker1976. The only way in joining a new conference imo is to form a new conference similar to the NBE including basketball centric schools. Shox have formed a nice and powerful niche. I don't pine for the return of Shocker football like I used to.

Comment

Working...
                                X