American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    No to a football conference but a Mid-West Focused Basketball Conference, well now ................Cornerstone cities of Cincinnati - St Louis - Memphis - Wichita

Can you name another six teams in the MidWest worthy of/interest in joining a Superior MidWest Focused Basketball Conference???
    DePaul...DePaul...DePaul...DePaul...DePaul...DePau l. Then it would look like our nroaml schedule.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
      Want to be a part of the new "Southwest Conference"?

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014/...est-conference
      As my daughters woyld say, Eeeuuuwwwww!!!!
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

No to a football conference but a Mid-West Focused Basketball Conference, well now ................Cornerstone cities of Cincinnati - St Louis - Memphis - Wichita

Can you name another six teams in the MidWest worthy of/interest in joining a Superior MidWest Focused Basketball Conference???
          Honesty, De Moines. I know, I know, but they would fit the demographic and geography nicely. Also, Tulsa and maybe SwoMo. Still need a couple more and already starting to reach. Would Louisville want in? Probably not.
          Livin the dream

Comment

That would be a huge downgrade from an awful Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Honesty, De Moines. I know, I know, but they would fit the demographic and geography nicely. Also, Tulsa and maybe SwoMo. Still need a couple more and already starting to reach. Would Louisville want in? Probably not.
              As a member of the ACC Louisville would not be interested; what are your thoughts on Albuquerque (New Mexico), Dallas (SMU), Dayton and Nashville (Belmont)?

Not easy to establish a viable fantasy basketball focused mid-west conference with quality teams, which illustrates WSU's difficulty in improving their conference membership in the real world.

Comment

As a member of the ACC Louisville would not be interested; what are your thoughts on Albuquerque (New Mexico), Dallas (SMU), Dayton and Nashville (Belmont)?

Not easy to establish a viable fantasy basketball focused mid-west conference with quality teams, which illustrates WSU's difficulty in improving their conference membership in the real world.
                I'd be okay with all of those. Loyola would also fit the profile of geography and populace. We really just need to bring the Valley profile up via SIU/Bradley and one other on a routine basis.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I may be unpopular for saying this, but Creighton is a must. Dayton is good. If you wanted to stretch the Midwest idea you could go as far as reaching out to VCU.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                    I may be unpopular for saying this, but Creighton is a must. Dayton is good. If you wanted to stretch the Midwest idea you could go as far as reaching out to VCU.
                    CU won't leave the big east.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      CU won't leave the big east.
                      I would tend to agree with that. The NBE is tied together by more than just athletics at this point.

Comment

• http://missouristate.247sports.com/B...ying--30532967

Hey Casey, errrr, LuskingforGuttin, why don't you take the concept of tortious interference back to Missouri State 247!? !??? If you guys really want to go to the Sun Belt, the risk of a protracted lawsuit could keep you out. If The Sun Belt really initiated contact with Missouri State, then the Valley can sue their ass!!! The Arkansas State AD should never mention the contact, even if true. Seems to me that Moats and Smart are the only ones who know how to play the realignment game.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Anyone outside the Power5 that plays football should wait and see how all these changes to come shake out. If all the TV attention (and $$$) go to the P5 schools, then the rest might likely be playing football as a money losing proposition. College athletics may be on the verge of some major paradigm shifting.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I would just set my sights on the AAC for possible Wichita St. movement. That seems like the logical fit for a large sports dept. like Wichita St.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              I would just set my sights on the AAC for possible Wichita St. movement. That seems like the logical fit for a large sports dept. like Wichita St.
                              in a perfect world, the AAC would add: BYU and Army (football only), and WSU for Olympic sports.

Football: BYU, UCF, Cincy, ECU, Houston, Navy, Army, etc
                              Basketball: UConn, Cincy, Memphis, WSU, SMU, Tulsa, Temple, Houston, etc

14 football/12 basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                                in a perfect world, the AAC would add: BYU and Army (football only), and WSU for Olympic sports.

Football: BYU, UCF, Cincy, ECU, Houston, Navy, Army, etc
                                Basketball: UConn, Cincy, Memphis, WSU, SMU, Tulsa, Temple, Houston, etc

14 football/12 basketball
                                Preaching to the choir, brother. I think we'd all cheers to that.

Now go convince Aresco and the university presidents if you don't mind :)

Comment

Working...
                                X