No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, that's hilarious. I think they'll find that the standard Illinois greasing of palms, won't help them one bit in this case.

Comment

• OTOH, maybe they could take Loyola off our hands.

Comment

• Maybe the will legislate that these teams not suck, while they are at it.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          You all want to throw up? Check this out.

Two lawmakers want one more Big Ten school in Illinois

"According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Illinois Senators Michael Connelly and Matt Murphy have introduced legislation “to study what it would take for Illinois to get one of its current public universities – like Illinois State University or Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville -- to become a Big Ten school.”

The two think tough admissions standards at the University of Illinois are causing many students to continue their educations out of state. Illinois and the private Northwestern are the only two Big Ten schools in the state, and Connelly thinks being a “Big Ten school” carries a lot of weight."
          I don't understand why this is such a laughable idea. I have read plenty of comments such as "If WSU was in X conference they would be middle of the pack at best," and the first comments I see in regards to being competitive are:
          "IF WSU were to be in a power conference then they would get better recruits and more revenue, leading to better facilities, and better teams overall."

How is this any different? Does it only work if it is WSU being in a Power Conference?

Edit: My comments are not necessarily directed at you, WUShock, I was just using your quote since it started the discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I say no chance this happens this year, but I believe that the landscape will change just enough that there will be an opportunity in the next 2-5 years. The key is for WSU to stay relevant in the basketball world, similar to Gonzaga or Memphis, for that period of time so that when the opportunity does arise, we are the obvious choice.
            Yes, I agree about relevance.

I realize that I am in the small minority, but I prefer te Big East as well.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Yes, I agree about relevance.

I realize that I am in the small minority, but I prefer te Big East as well.
              The New Big East is on its way down. Buzz left Marquette for Va Tech, Xavier's coach is rumored to be leaving, sCUm will be awful without daddy's boy, Butler is awful sans Stevens. Hell Dayton and St. Louis are probably better staying put in the A10. Once Fox Sports 1 gets the plug pulled this league will be a 6-9 RPI league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip1381 View Post
                I don't understand why this is such a laughable idea. I have read plenty of comments such as "If WSU was in X conference they would be middle of the pack at best," and the first comments I see in regards to being competitive are:
                "IF WSU were to be in a power conference then they would get better recruits and more revenue, leading to better facilities, and better teams overall."

How is this any different? Does it only work if it is WSU being in a Power Conference?

Edit: My comments are not necessarily directed at you, WUShock, I was just using your quote since it started the discussion.
                The only difference is that WSU has already made the improvements to succeed in a power conference. We don't need to say that we will be better because of the benefits of being in a better conference. We already are better. Neither Il State or SIU have done any of that. They currently can't even afford to fund their basketball programs at an the appropriate level for success in the big ten. And that's only the first step. It took more than ten years of continual improvement guided by the right people to get where we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
                  The New Big East is on its way down. Buzz left Marquette for Va Tech, Xavier's coach is rumored to be leaving, sCUm will be awful without daddy's boy, Butler is awful sans Stevens. Hell Dayton and St. Louis are probably better staying put in the A10. Once Fox Sports 1 gets the plug pulled this league will be a 6-9 RPI league.
                  You might be correct about the Big East; the recent ESPN 30 for 30 Big East story is eye opening.

"Hopefully, "Requiem For The Big East" will educate the uninitiated on what made the Big East great, while also informing long-time fans why it was doomed to fall apart."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Always excited when this thread is bumped, but ultimately just end up dissapointed. Haha

Maybe one day my dreams will come true! :)
                    The Assman

Comment

• I say we join the SEC. The TV money alone will be enough to jump start a football program and it is the SEC so we can just pay a few guys to come in and play. Sure we will get knocked around for the first decade+ but SEC teams like to have that 'free' game anyways so why not make it a conference game? Regionally it works and with the other sports it works. Let's do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                        I say we join the SEC. The TV money alone will be enough to jump start a football program and it is the SEC so we can just pay a few guys to come in and play. Sure we will get knocked around for the first decade+ but SEC teams like to have that 'free' game anyways so why not make it a conference game? Regionally it works and with the other sports it works. Let's do it.
                        Who knows, A&M and Mizzou adapted pretty well.

Maybe little ol' WSU can do the same!!!
                        The Assman

Comment

• Want to be a part of the new "Southwest Conference"?

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                            Want to be a part of the new "Southwest Conference"?

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014/...est-conference
                            No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              Want to be a part of the new "Southwest Conference"?

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014/...est-conference
                              No to a football conference but a Mid-West Focused Basketball Conference, well now ................Cornerstone cities of Cincinnati - St Louis - Memphis - Wichita

Can you name another six teams in the MidWest worthy of/interest in joining a Superior MidWest Focused Basketball Conference???

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                                No.
                                Didn't think so.
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X