American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Well it took 7 of 9 schools to vote them in, I would like to see who voted yes.
    Well probably Illinois St, Southern Illinois and Bradley to start with. Saw somewhere that Indiana St wanted a weaker school so they can compete better, so that is probably 4.

Yes this school has some money, but obviously it hasn't been used to strengthen their basketball team. Yes they give us a Chicago market but when 99% of Chicago doesn't care about them does it really matter?

Horrible move and Bardo/Sexton need to be on the phone right now with whoever will listen and start begging lol. This sucks
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      OK I'll go out on an island here and state that Loyola isn't the worst thing that could happen. I remember back in the day when the Shocks would play the Ramblers and those were some hotly contested games. I'm impressed with their willingness to upgrade their facilities and the money they have available. They are so far ahead of some of the other valley schools now that they may be a sleeping giant for the future. At least they have money available to spend whereas some of our members are dirt poor. As far as attendance they probably compare with several of the valley members now. If the valley is perceived to be a better conference then perhaps the teams they play will be perceived as better and that may help with building their attendance. Have to wait and see but I like this better than many of the other choices. Note, keep DU in mind for expansion also.
      They haven't spent their money yet. Why believe that will change? And at 2000 fans at each game I would say they don't hold a stick to most valley teams. Pretty sure majority of the current members average more than that.

So we might have to wait 10 years for them to MAYBE get competitive IF they start investing in basketball? Just great.....
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Gonzaga has a Loyola to beat on so..........

Comment

• Looking at some pics of their arena and the bleachers are filled to the rafters!!! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            It just dawned on me that their MBB coach is Porter Moser.

Small world...
            Now the question is - who will finish higher in the Valley - Loyola or IlSU? IlSU lost a lot. Loyola - not so much.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Now the question is - who will finish higher in the Valley - Loyola or IlSU? IlSU lost a lot. Loyola - not so much.
              Loyola does lose 2 of their top 3 scorers. Should be an epic cripple fight for 10th between those two and Drake.

Comment

• Only the Missouri Valley Conference could make this type of move happen.

Wow.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I like how we have a thread called "Realignment, Best possible outcome" and after all that has been said, this is what we end up with.

Comment

• ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      It is technically called promotion/relegation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promotion_and_relegation
                      I've always thought relegation should be instituted in the FBS.

Line up the major conferences: B1G, B12, Pac-12, SEC, ACC, and MWC or AAC. Assign one of the smaller FBS conferences to each one of those for promotion/relegation (SEC + Sunbelt, ACC + MAC, etc). You could further connect the tree from there into multiple FCS conferences. If you suck in one of the major conferences, you're relegated and a team that's performing better from the smaller conference gets to move up and enjoy the bigger TV contract money. Would be a lot more competition.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        I have seen a few rumors that the Big East may not be eager to expand to 12. IF that were true, I'd throw the A10 into the possible realm of departures. IF SLU and Dayton are to remain for awhile, throw in Bradley and whoever else they want and I'd be down. I've heard Detroit may be a target of the A10
                        If true, we need to go to the A-10 ASAP. We will have FAR better expansion targets there than in the Valley. Detroit would be a great add, and there are plenty of others that would be in the geographic footprint that we could look to expand with.
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Welcome to the Illinois Valley Conference, third best team named Loyola!

May your 5-1 record versus 300+ RPI teams not cost us our spot in the NCAA tournament so that we can give you the fruits of our success!

Comment

• I have officially given up all hope for the MVC. I'm 100% on board with joining any other conference. Adding a team destined to be a Thursday night team for the next decade, at least, is absolutely BRILLIANT. And by brilliant and mean the dumbest F'n thing I could possibly think of.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I have officially given up all hope for the MVC. I'm 100% on board with joining any other conference. Adding a team destined to be a Thursday night team for the next decade, at least, is absolutely BRILLIANT. And by brilliant and mean the dumbest F'n thing I could possibly think of.
                              I am pretty sure that the MIAA would welcome you with open arms. Do you like the Sun Belt or Southland conference? I just have a hard time seeing the A10 going west into Sedgwick County and I don't really think that the MWC is realistically looking for a non-football school at this point despite the mixed rhetoric that I have heard. I didn't read the previous pages on this thread so if these points have been ironed out then excuse my redundancy.

Comment

• Sorry L4G, this thread has already reached its tard limit.

You will be called for admission after dofo is deceased.

Comment

Working...
                                X