American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    I would agree, but evidently the AD doesn't - we play KU and KSU while they refuse to play us in bball.
    True. They shouldn't be allowed in Wichita either.
    "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• I don't want WSU to play CU in baseball for the same reason I don't like them playing almost 95% of all cold weather NE (I know Omaha isn't NE but the rest of the league basically is) teams.

As for basketball, I guess I don't care if they play or not. Sort of same feelings I have with KU/KSU that everybody gets upset over. Would be nice to play a quality opponent that is also close distance but other than that who cares? As long as WSU is able to secure comparable competition I don't care where the school happens to be located.

If they are suddenly too good for WSU and can't realize a benefit from playing, more power too them.

Comment

• I don't know why it's so hard for scum fans to understand. The main reason they are in this confrere and therefore considered a "major" school is because they are private and Catholic. If they where a state school and everything else was equal, they would be in the same boat as we are in, stuck in the MVC.

And as evidence by scums success (with the exact same team minus GE from last year), the new BE at least this year isn't that great. It gets the East Coast Bias and the teams get better non-con games because they are "Major" teams...that's it.

Creighton athletics and their fans can eat a big bag of ****.

Comment

• If we were to schedule CU in basketball next year, it would only add fuel to the fire of those who say we don't have any competition on our schedule. Without McDermott, Wragge, and Gibbs, CU looks like it could be the next Butler. Well, except for the fact that Butler actually won some games in the tourney.

I suspect CU will become a schedule-killer in baseball too. Who wants to go to school in Omaha and play half their games on the East Cost? Recruiting in baseball just got aa lot tougher for the BlueJays.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            If we were to schedule CU in basketball next year, it would only add fuel to the fire of those who say we don't have any competition on our schedule. Without McDermott, Wragge, and Gibbs, CU looks like it could be the next Butler. Well, except for the fact that Butler actually won some games in the tourney.
            Let's just wait for them to beg us for a buy game once they are bottom dwellers in a down BE. Then tell them no thanks.

Comment

If we were to schedule CU in basketball next year, it would only add fuel to the fire of those who say we don't have any competition on our schedule. Without McDermott, Wragge, and Gibbs, CU looks like it could be the next Butler. Well, except for the fact that Butler actually won some games in the tourney.

I suspect CU will become a schedule-killer in baseball too. Who wants to go to school in Omaha and play half their games on the East Cost? Recruiting in baseball just got aa lot tougher for the BlueJays.
              ... however, it would be nice to play in that stadium with the hopes of a return visit during the post season.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
                Creighton athletics and their fans can eat a big bag of ****.
                Now that's funny. Cmon man. Tell us what you really think!

But seriously, I thought Chewy indicated he wanted to continue playing WSU, but couldn't this season because their schedule was full.

Still laughing about a big bag of sh*t.
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I am with you.

Playing Creighton this year would have been a lot of fun for fans of both schools. Going forward, I don't see a whole lot to gain from playing a home and home with a team destined for mediocrity. We already have one former rival on the slate that struggles not to hurt the RPI (Tulsa), why lock in another one.

And there is absolutely no point in giving the Jays a baseball series.

Comment

• Missouri State fan board is speculating on options, they're preferring the Sun Belt. The cause for the speculation is WSU's exit.
                    No speculation of where WSU might be going.
                    Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                      Missouri State fan board is speculating on options, they're preferring the Sun Belt. The cause for the speculation is WSU's exit.
                      No speculation of where WSU might be going.
                      God. Could you imagine topping off a 40-0 national championship with a the announcement of moving to a new conference??

Talk about best year ever!!
                      The Assman

Comment

• CAPITALIZING ON OUR SUCCESS - INVITE WICHITA ST INTO THE A-10

GW fans debate on adding WSU to A-10. They say BE would be more likely and that they should give up on the private school only club.

If the BE was being honest, adding WSU and VCU would be their best option. Adding two great programs and keeping the numbers even for Western and Eastern teams.

WEST
                        Butler
                        Creighton
                        DuPaul
                        Marquette
                        Wichita State
                        Xavier

EAST
                        Gerorgetown
                        Providence
                        Saint John's
                        Seton Hall
                        VCU
                        Villanova
                        The Assman

Comment

• AAC please! We fit in nicely with Cincy, Memphis, Houston, SMU, and Tulsa. UConn is a HUGE bonus, and there's nothing wrong with Temple or Tulane. Also, I could root for Navy football!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• I would prefer the AAC. Cincy, Memphis and WSU could anchor that conference for a long time.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              I would prefer the AAC. Cincy, Memphis and WSU could anchor that conference for a long time.
                              The key is exit fee or other way to ensure they don't bolt somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                The key is exit fee or other way to ensure they don't bolt somewhere.
                                An AAC + WSU, but - two of the following: Memphis/UConn/Cincy, is really just last year's MVC with big boy football. SMU is nice, but they are tied to Larry Brown. So goes Larry, so goes the Mustangs.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X