• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EO missed a couple of dunks.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUShokker
      Originally posted by marcus aurelius
      Monroe's 7-footer is pretty good....I'm glad he's in foul trouble.....

Great swat by EO!!!!
      I dont know but this Nimcheck...spelling im sure is wrong...is a player for sure. Probably a bit slow for a PG and short for a SG but he gets it done....
      what do you know mr. Aurelius

Nick is the most improved player I've seen in a decade at 3R. He was a bit of a liability last year, but has really been their most solid player this year. The key for him at the next level is to not aim too high. If he goes to the right program/level, he will be a really nice player. He just can't afford to get in over his head athletically.....

Comment

• Sophomore year will be a learning experience. By his senior season - look out. :wsu_posters:

Comment

• Indeed. While there is no doubt he is a project....what a project it is and I don't think you can discount how much this "game" isn't built for him. Juco ball isn't D1. I have no idea how he'll react to contact, but if he does "get it" then he's going to be just fine. The kid absolutely changes the game inside on the defensive end. They'll be no more Kujo driving to the basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
            Indeed. While there is no doubt he is a project....what a project it is and I don't think you can discount how much this "game" isn't built for him. Juco ball isn't D1. I have no idea how he'll react to contact, but if he does "get it" then he's going to be just fine. The kid absolutely changes the game inside on the defensive end. They'll be no more Kujo driving to the basket.
            As Gregg has said, Odiakosa came into the league even more raw than EO, plus with less length. Otherwise, they are the same player, and look how good Odiakosa became by the time he was an upperclassman.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Indeed. While there is no doubt he is a project....what a project it is and I don't think you can discount how much this "game" isn't built for him. Juco ball isn't D1. I have no idea how he'll react to contact, but if he does "get it" then he's going to be just fine. The kid absolutely changes the game inside on the defensive end. They'll be no more Kujo driving to the basket.
              Doc...my question is...and maybe Aurelius could pipe in here too...

Gene Bess seems like a pretty calm coach ...a shall we say ..a nurturing type. I hope HCGM has the patience to coach him...I could be wrong about coach Bess though..
              1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

• who won? When does TR play again?

Comment

• Just a few things to add . . .

On defense, he just gets it. Knows when to go for the block, knows when to stand his ground and get his arms up.

The first half was a waste due to Monroe playing zone. 2nd half was better but as was said, TRCC doesn't try to feed the post. EO had position several times and no entry pass.

On offense he rushes himself once he has the ball. I really think if he just slows down a tick he'll look and feel more comfortable. Needs to "soften and strengthen" his hands. I thought he rebounded pretty well.

Monroe's 7-footer definitely has more skills and is really athletic. He didn't seem like much of a factor but when he went to the bench with 4 fouls, that's when TRCC regained and extended their lead. So maybe I just wasn't watching his defense that closely.

Carter does a good job of getting to the lane, but has no confidence in his shot. I'm no talent evaluator, but if today's game was typical I didn't see a big advantage over Williams. Doesn't matter though since he's going to OU or GU.

Didn't see the coaches there (though I'm sure they were), but did see Dave Dahl.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                    who won? When does TR play again?
                    TRCC won 81-69 and will play tomorrow at 6pm against Northwest Florida State.

配偶者に浮気をされたら、あなたは相手を許せますか?疑惑を持って配偶者を問い詰めても、しらを切られてしまうことも珍しくありません。相手にしてみれば、夫や妻の剣幕に恐れをなして咄嗟に知らぬふりをしてしまう...

Comment

• according to Eric Bossi:

Head coaches spotted so far today include Jeff Capel, Greg McDermott, Gregg Marshall, Rod Barnes, Mike Miller......
                      He also mentioned a UNC assistant was in Hutch as well.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUShokker
                        Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        Doc...my question is...and maybe Aurelius could pipe in here too...

Gene Bess seems like a pretty calm coach ...a shall we say ..a nurturing type. I hope HCGM has the patience to coach him...I could be wrong about coach Bess though..
                        The game I watched earlier this year I'd say that same thing about Gene. His son however was nonstop yelling and I feared, and still do, for his health. I'm guessing he's gotten plenty of abuse as well.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• NWFSC has a 6'11 FR from EO's hometown of Lagos. He didn't play in their first game and only played in 8 games this year.

Comment

• I CAN"T GO TOMORROW AT 6 EITHER!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                              I CAN"T GO TOMORROW AT 6 EITHER!!!!!!!!!
                              I think we will need all hands on deck for the UNR game
                              1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

• With the current players on the team and the addition of EO, something tells me that it is going to be exciting to be a Shocker Fan over the next few years!

Even as raw as he is right now, it is obvious that he has an abundance of talent, waiting to be tapped.

Give him some time, and...

Comment

Working...
                                X