Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old Guy WU Fan
    For those of you that are not worried, keep in mind that is where we recruited Mantas Griskenas a couple of years ago.
    What the...? Now there's a real ray of sunshine for you.
    Take your meds and get to bed Pops. 8)
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Mantas-Late recruit fill-in-the-roster type player with one major knee injury. EO---What more needs to be said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Guy WU Fan
        For those of you that are not worried, keep in mind that is where we recruited Mantas Griskenas a couple of years ago.
        Also keep in mind that the sky is blue and nachos taste good.

Comment

• Huh?

Originally posted by Old Guy WU Fan
          So? How is Griskenas going to get WSU in trouble?

Paranoia runs deep, indeed.

Comment

• Re: Huh?

Originally posted by WSUwatcher

Russian....errrr Lithuanian mob

Comment

• Re: Huh?

Originally posted by BostonWu

Russian....errrr Lithuanian mob
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• The violations by TRCC did not seem to affect the eligibility of any of their players as sanctions were made as to future schollies. The question is: Does or will the one violation stated in the article have any affect on a Division I four year school or are they referring to Juco Division I.

* Division I scholarship guidelines allow for transportation costs to be paid one time per academic year to and from the college by direct route. The college may not pay for a second trip for any student-athlete.

Given the dates they referred to, 2005 through 2008, the violations could have involved Mantis or EO (redshirt 2008-2009).

Discussion?

Comment

• Input

Here's my input, Talk: some people apparently have too much to spend worrying.

When Marshall starts worrying, I will -- not until.

Comment

• <sigh>
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                      <sigh>
                      You are a funny man Ricky.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I'm not worried! I'm looking for clarification and agreement or disagreement.

I believe the "Division I" that is referred to in the article is the NJCAA Division I and has no meaning or impact for any NCAA D1 school (read: no infractions by WSU).

Some here have indicated that Mantis or EO could not have been involved in any part of the infractions because of the dates. I simply disagree, but see no way it has any effect on WSU if they did.

Lastly, since the sanctions have already been doled out and there were individual player sanctions, therefore, it does not impede the development of any of TRCC's current players.

Comment

• Clarifying

Okay, Talk; I'll clarify.

1. I didn't say you were the one worried, and I'm glad you say you aren't. But we do have more than our share of hand wringers (e.g., shockball and the Old Guy).

2. You may well be right about "Division I" being a reference to the NJCAA. If so, that's a further reason none of this matters.

3. Even if not, if 2005-8 refers to academic years rather than calendar years, which seems to me likely, then EO couldn't have been involved, as he didn't arrive until the 2008-9 academic year.

For all of the reasons above, plus those noted in your own post, I believe we're wasting time here. So I'm going to get back to work.

The one good thing we're doing here is extending this thread as we pursue our apparent goal of having the world's longest. Someone call the folks at Guinness.

Comment

• Re: Clarifying

1. I didn't say you were the one worried, and I'm glad you say you aren't. But we do have more than our share of hand wringers (e.g., shockball and the Old Guy).

2. You may well be right about "Division I" being a reference to the NJCAA. If so, that's a further reason none of this matters.

3. Even if not, if 2005-8 refers to academic years rather than calendar years, which seems to me likely, then EO couldn't have been involved, as he didn't arrive until the 2008-9 academic year.

For all of the reasons above, plus those noted in your own post, I believe we're wasting time here. So I'm going to get back to work.

The one good thing we're doing here is extending this thread as we pursue our apparent goal of having the world's longest. Someone call the folks at Guinness.
                            The folks at Guinness Book of World Records are on high alert. I notified them some time ago.

There is not any question that new records will be attained. There is, however, a question of the number and magnitude of the new records. Several are under consideration such as number of posts, duration of thread and number of pages.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Re: Clarifying

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio

The folks at Guinness Book of World Records are on high alert. I notified them some time ago.

There is not any question that new records will be attained. There is, however, a question of the number and magnitude of the new records. Several are under consideration such as number of posts, duration of thread and number of pages.
                              Awesome!
                              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

• Is EO really 7 feet tall or just 6-11 1/2 ?
                                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                                - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                                X