No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what area high schoolers attended the elite camp? I'm going to assume Perry Ellis is still out on the AAU circuit.

Comment

• The last evaluation period is over and as far as I know there are no other major AAU tournaments. The next stop for Perry that has been talked about is the Elite 24 on the 21st.

Having a 2nd elite camp is great. I'm sure there will be players attend that were evaluated highly by the Shocker staff during the evaluation periods. I would not be a bit surprised if one or two recieve offers at or shortly after the camp. If you can be there it would be worth your time.

Sorry but I don't have info on area players that will attend. One projected D-1 out of Wichita that I haven't had info of a WSU connection yet is Ja'ln Williams from East (class of 2011). I hope he attends.
      In the fast lane

Comment

• Guess Ja'ln and other T-Wolves members won't be there as they are playing in the MAYB Nationals this weekend.
        In the fast lane

Comment

• I will profess my ignorance here -- if EO is attending the Elite Camp (and since he is not signed) does that mean there is no restriction on Marshall working with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by SFL
            :poster_eo: :poster_eo: ... ;-)

http://loydancer.topcities.com/SoundFiles/Midis/ShowTunes/Heigh%20Ho%20(It's%20Off%20to%20Work%20We%20Go)(Sh ort%20Version).mid
            I'm not a big fan of songs without words, so I decided to add some of my own. :D

We wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait online the whole day through
            To post, post, post, post, post, post, post is what we really like to do

It ain't no trick to get good quick
            If you dunk dunk dunk with a one on one or a pick
            In the hoop! In the hoop! In the hoop! In the hoop!
            Where Nigerian diamonds shine!

He plays plays plays plays plays plays plays from early morn till night
            He blocks blocks blocks blocks blocks blocks blocks everything in sight

He will find a way to score
            A thousand points, sometimes more
            But we know we'll have a bigger score
            We win win win a-win win

E-O, E-O
            E-O, E-O
            E-O

Chorus
            E-O, E-O
            It's off to Koch he goes

(Whistle)
            E-O, E-O, E-O

E-O, E-O
            It's off to Koch he goes
            E-O, E-O

(Whistle)
            E-O, E-O
            E-O, E-O
            E-O, E-O

:poster_eo:

Comment

• Might wanna keep your day job.

Comment

• I have not seen a body defined like EO's since Antoine. Except EO's is bigger. My gawd it is unbelivable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21
                  Originally posted by WuDrWu
                  ;-)
                  Hi Doc. Glad to know you are still around.

Thanks, it's good to be around. I made it out to the camp today and watched mostly the workout and some of the scrimmage.

EO is huge. I have no idea how good he will be in 16 months. Personally, if I had to play against him, I'd be very afraid.

To say he is huge doesn't even begin to describe him. Certainly he has to develop his game....he is still pretty raw, but if he improves like he has over the last year.....wow.

Imho, today, he would be one of the best big men in the conference. Without question, he would be the most physically impressive. He would make Dinma Odiakosa (who is a stud) look tiny.

He will change the molecular structure of many a basket support before he is done playing the game. When he rises up for a 2 handed dunk, it is beyond impressive. It is life changing.

He better learn to shoot free throws. Hack-Ehimen will be employed quite often by a variety of teams.

Lots of other good young talent in attendance. I am not good with names so I would have to rely on others in attendance that hopefully took some good notes.

Comment

• Thanks for the report Doc, it is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• After realizing which one in the photo E.O. is, all I can say is wow! :poster_eo:
                      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk
                        After realizing which one in the photo E.O. is, all I can say is wow! :poster_eo:

Promise you that photo does NOT do him justice.

He's bigger....and stronger. Antoine was a fierce dunker.

This guy's in a different galaxy. Don't read me wrong...the rest of the game needs a lot of work....but man what a starting point.

Comment

• FSF concurs with the Good Doc on EO. He has bulked up and he has refined his game since I watched him 3 times about a year ago. He gets up and down the court very well for a seven-footer and I can't wait to see him in a Shocker uniform. His Juco games this year will deem invaluable so he can get some actual official game-time in. He is still learning, but I witnessed vast improvements since last year. He has to be working hard to make such impressive all around srides forward and is stronger for sure and dunks with authority.

There were some other players that caught my eye. There was a Juco 6'0 guard that is quite a leaper and was draining 3's and scoring often. Not sure what his name is, but heard he may be a Soph at Neosho this Season. There was a guard from Heights I liked and a couple tall young City league players that caught my eye. Not sure but I think one was from Southeast and another from Northwest? There was plenty more talent but I do not know the names of these young men. This I do know. Coach Marshall is doing a great job recruiting for the Shocks. I was impressed with today's camp as well. Also, it is high time for us to witness more City-League games this coming Season because there is an influx of young players that are going to demand our attention.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• What I would have given for a program. I can confirm what FSF has posted. All I can add is that sophomore to be Cliff (or Clint) McCullough is the son of former shocker Jack McCullough. He played with Elmore and Bruton in the mid 70's.

McCullough is from Stillwell, KS and goes to St. James. His older sister was Gatorade Player of the year and went to KState. Another of his 5 siblings is 6'9''.

Dad was very impressed with Koch arena. He has not spent much time in Wichita but he has nothing but good memories of WSU. He is a pathologist and a great guy.

Comment

• I am impressed with EO's physique. He looks cut pretty darn good, especially for being that tall. He should be pretty strong around and under the basket.

When I watched him (in person a year ago), he was working on improving his offensive moves from under the basket to about 6-8 feet from the basket. If he has progressed as much on Offense as he has in strength, he will definately be a force. I am anxious to follow his Juco season coming up to see how he fares on the court.

Comment

• His frame reminds me of Dwight Howard.

Comment

Working...
                                X