No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually had heard that Orupke would be here sometime next week also. But I didn't hear it from my known "trusted" source and he states he hasn't heard anything.

But with more and more people saying they are hearing it...it gives me a little bit of hope. Although I'm still cautious about it.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Allow me to clarify one time so as not to mislead anyone and then I will not comment again on this subject, come hell or high water.

I also will remain a little skeptical until the young man steps off the plane as that is the nature of the beast.

All my contacts DO NOT say the same thing. However, I am in FULL believement (is that a word?) that the young man will be here within the week and that has NOTHING to do with what my desires are.

There, I've said my peace. I will not bother anyone again on this subject.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• If he does get here, and if he does play at all this season, I'm thinking he'd have to eat some of Griskenas's minutes.

My wife had a different perspective than normal last night, watching the game with our daughter from the north end zone. MG is just way too soft right now.

He shoots the ball well, especially from the line. Kid really needs to develop a mean streak.

Comment

• No, I think he'd take AE's minutes; and no, that's not a word. No. No.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
            Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
            I've been following this case as a matter of personal curiousity because I do a lot of work with the Department of Homeland Security. Does anybody know his VISA status?
            I thought I heard somebody from WSU say something to the effect that once he passed his test, then they could put in the rest of his paperwork. Which means he might be here by August of 2008.
            That sounds very reasonable. My whole thought process has been focused on whether or not a Visa application has been submitted to DHS. If it has and the processing was allowed to start without receipt of the test scores, than it is entirely possible that he could be eligible for the second semester. If the application process was not allowed to be started until after the test scores were received, than it may not be likely that his Visa would be issued any earlier than a summer session at WSU.

There is also the NCAA Clearinghouse process.

[I'm not trying to pessimistic and hope it doesn't come across that way. Let's just call it professional curiosity. BTW Outpost, you made me smile.]

Comment

• Arrivng at the airport is one thing. Staying and attending his first day of class after getting whipped by the freezing wind and rain could change his mind about Wichita. Let's hope he doesn't want a warmer place and get back on the plane and leave! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                Originally posted by SB Shock
                Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                I've been following this case as a matter of personal curiousity because I do a lot of work with the Department of Homeland Security. Does anybody know his VISA status?
                I thought I heard somebody from WSU say something to the effect that once he passed his test, then they could put in the rest of his paperwork. Which means he might be here by August of 2008.
                That sounds very reasonable. My whole thought process has been focused on whether or not a Visa application has been submitted to DHS. If it has and the processing was allowed to start without receipt of the test scores, than it is entirely possible that he could be eligible for the second semester. If the application process was not allowed to be started until after the test scores were received, than it may not be likely that his Visa would be issued any earlier than a summer session at WSU.

There is also the NCAA Clearinghouse process.

[I'm not trying to pessimistic and hope it doesn't come across that way. Let's just call it professional curiosity. BTW Outpost, you made me smile.]
                outpost used to be a bureaucrat himself a time or two. He worked for a financial regulator as well as a municipal budget office. Glad he could give you a chuckle or two.........bureaucracy is tough work.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockall
                  Arrivng at the airport is one thing. Staying and attending his first day of class after getting whipped by the freezing wind and rain could change his mind about Wichita. Let's hope he doesn't want a warmer place and get back on the plane and leave! LOL
                  Please, just dont give him a jacket! :D :posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks: 8)
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11
                    Originally posted by shockall
                    Arrivng at the airport is one thing. Staying and attending his first day of class after getting whipped by the freezing wind and rain could change his mind about Wichita. Let's hope he doesn't want a warmer place and get back on the plane and leave! LOL
                    Please, just dont give him a jacket! :D :posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks: 8)
                    :lol: :lol: :lol:
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• I've learned some things today that lead me to believe that the rumors may be true. I'm moving myself into the cautiously optimistic category. But I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                        I've learned some things today that lead me to believe that the rumors may be true. I'm moving myself into the cautiously optimistic category. But I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.
                        Care to divulge? Or are you merely speaking of the posts in this thread?

Comment

• I walked into a place of business that I frequent and as soon as I did they approached me and asked what I'd heard. Normally I know what they're going to tell me already, but they all seemed pretty confident. These are long time season ticket holders who know a lot of people. Word from one of their friends who had talked to someone high up and made it sound as though he'll be here within a week. I've had a few other discussions that make me feel as though it may actually happen now. I'm not saying it will, but I feel better about these rumors now.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                            I walked into a place of business that I frequent and as soon as I did they approached me and asked what I'd heard. Normally I know what they're going to tell me already, but they all seemed pretty confident. These are long time season ticket holders who know a lot of people. Word from one of their friends who had talked to someone high up and made it sound as though he'll be here within a week. I've had a few other discussions that make me feel as though it may actually happen now. I'm not saying it will, but I feel better about these rumors now.
                            Right on, I'm growing more and more optimistic the more posts like this that I see. Thanks.

Comment

• im going to take him to Texas Roadhouse. Some one needs to put some beef in this kid.
                              ________
                              Motorcycle Tires
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

• I guess I'm the only one in the dark. I predicted that Nebraska would win the WVB NCAA tourney, KSU would beat Oregon, etc. so take my lack of knowledge as a positive. ;-) :lol:
                                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                                X