No announcement yet.

2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I challenge all who say: if duke, Carolina, Kentucky or kansas comes along, Gregg is just gone. Really? Is Gregg a guy who just can't wait to follow in kryszewski's or calipari's footsteps or Roy Williams as sort of a hero worshiper of those programs or is he more on par with phog Allen, John wooden, mike kryszewski, bobby knight etc. who build a program an make it great for 25 or 30 years and are never forgotten. It seems to belittle the unprecedented job that Gregg has done to portray him as a panting dog waiting hopefully for one of those jobs to open up.

As for us as shocker fans, I am sure Gregg wants us to shed the inferiority complex and act like we are a place, a town, a university and a fan base that deserves a coach who will stay his whole career. He doesn't let his team bow down to anyone and he expects the same from us.

So, I for one believe that Gregg will want to stay our coach for hi whole career and that he will certainly have top ten teams long after Fred and Ron leave. Hail to Coach Marshall. Long live the King!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      I challenge all who say: if duke, Carolina, Kentucky or kansas comes along, Gregg is just gone. Really? Is Gregg a guy who just can't wait to follow in kryszewski's or calipari's footsteps or Roy Williams as sort of a hero worshiper of those programs or is he more on par with phog Allen, John wooden, mike kryszewski, bobby knight etc. who build a program an make it great for 25 or 30 years and are never forgotten. It seems to belittle the unprecedented job that Gregg has done to portray him as a panting dog waiting hopefully for one of those jobs to open up.

As for us as shocker fans, I am sure Gregg wants us to shed the inferiority complex and act like we are a place, a town, a university and a fan base that deserves a coach who will stay his whole career. He doesn't let his team bow down to anyone and he expects the same from us.

So, I for one believe that Gregg will want to stay our coach for hi whole career and that he will certainly have top ten teams long after Fred and Ron leave. Hail to Coach Marshall. Long live the King!
      It's probably more potential timing that concerns people the most. As thrilled as we all are that 3G has continued to shout nothing but love for WSU and turn down some very legit offers, we also don't know just how much the other three members of the Marshall family had to do with those decisions. Does a storied program have an opening in three or four years when the youngest is out of high school, 3G may be looking to coach only five or six more seasons with a chance to get closer to home keep some Shocker fans a little anxious? Yes, yes it does. But, if he does leave eventually, and it takes this perfect storm to make it happen, you give the guy a standing O and thank him for everything.

But I don't lose sleep over this. I do, however, lose sleep over this off-season taking too long.

Comment

• If Duke, Kentucky, or Louisville wants HCGM and make an all out push for him as their #1 guy, I'm going to be nervous. Right part of the country, right conference, basketball first, and they can all double his salary. He may not get that kind of love from those schools.

As it stands, I don't think he's going anywhere.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• I don't know if anyone else feels this way but the Marshall leaving conversation is always "hot" during March. Do we need to continue to talk about it now or is there another topic on the "media love thread" that we can turn our attention at this time of year? Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            I don't know if anyone else feels this way but the Marshall leaving conversation is always "hot" during March. Do we need to continue to talk about it now or is there another topic on the "media love thread" that we can turn our attention at this time of year? Just my 2 cents worth.
            Like time outs, this "August" conversation is a sign of weakness.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Good grief! This article lost me when it said WSU plays 2nd fiddle to Kstate.

Comment

• Those who mentioned Indiana and Syracuse as possibilities for Coach Marshall are overlooking the fact that he hates cold weather. I think that Wichita is as far north as he wants to be.

Comment

• Offseason foolishness in response to an ignorant piece that had nothing to do with media "love" -- media noise, maybe.

Gregg Marshall is not Mark Turgeon -- in a number of ways. That's all that needs to be said to put this discussion in its proper place, which is the circular file.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                    I challenge all who say: if duke, Carolina, Kentucky or kansas comes along, Gregg is just gone. Really? Is Gregg a guy who just can't wait to follow in kryszewski's or calipari's footsteps or Roy Williams as sort of a hero worshiper of those programs or is he more on par with phog Allen, John wooden, mike kryszewski, bobby knight etc. who build a program an make it great for 25 or 30 years and are never forgotten. It seems to belittle the unprecedented job that Gregg has done to portray him as a panting dog waiting hopefully for one of those jobs to open up.

I don't think it would be automatic.

Then again, five months ago I never thought we'd need to battle a program like Alabama to keep him.

Personally, I think the odds of him retiring here vs. moving on are 50/50. And those are better odds than I would have given at this time last year. Every year he stays, the better the odds get.

Comment

• Gregg already has a very tight bond with Morris, on much beyond a basketball level. There is little doubt in my mind that he does with probably all the kids and that 3 years from now it will be just as tough for him to depart leaving Markis, Landry, Tyrone, Issac (as it is to leave Fred, Ron, Evan et al.) for a 4-5 year end-of-career position following in the footsteps of legendary or near legendary coaches.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Gregg already has a very tight bond with Morris, on much beyond a basketball level. There is little doubt in my mind that he does with probably all the kids and that 3 years from now it will be just as tough for him to depart leaving Markis, Landry, Tyrone, Issac (as it is to leave Fred, Ron, Evan et al.) for a 4-5 year end-of-career position following in the footsteps of legendary or near legendary coaches.
                        I noticed you said Isaac. Do you know something we don't, or are you just still confident/hopeful?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                          I noticed you said Isaac. Do you know something we don't, or are you just still confident/hopeful?
                          Just being whimsical.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• WSU listed #6 on John Gasaway's Top 10 Offenses to Watch.

Comment

• Let's put it this away, is it better to have a BB coach that few to none of the top BB schools would even considering hiring or one like 3G whom many salivate over even if we have to bring this topic up when there is nobody at the present time trying to steal him away?

Guess this is just one of those things we have to put up with when successful. Like with when you finally have more than a few coins in your pocket, along come the worries.

Comment

• I don't recall seeing any threads on Creighton's messagwe board over any concerns of their coach getting poached. Same for Missouri State.

A coach not getting any consideration from other schools is often a coach about to get fired.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X