2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I don't recall seeing any threads on Creighton's messagwe board over any concerns of their coach getting poached. Same for Missouri State.

A coach not getting any consideration from other schools is often a coach about to get fired.
    MSU gave Lusk a 5-year extension in 2014 so he's locked in until 2019.... with the financial woes MSU has faced recently, I doubt they can afford the buyout of $371,453 x number of years remaining in contract which puts his total buyout this year at $1,114,359 at the end of this season.

Something interesting in Lusk's contract is that if his team ever makes the NCAA Tournament, he gets an automatic 5-year extension.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      Something interesting in Lusk's contract is that if his team ever makes the NCAA Tournament, he gets an automatic 5-year extension.
      You're not serious, are you? a FIVE year extension for just getting to the dance? and it's automatic???!!!

If that's true, I NEVER want to play them in St Louis. The incentive to make something bad happen to us seems way too great.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        All I can say is Wow.

Comment

• Had to look up the last time Missouri State made it to the big dance anyway. That would be a nice little run back in 1999 when they beat #5 Wisconsin (43-32. Gross) and #4 Tennessee, before losing to #1 Duke.

They've only been 6 times, from 1987-1999 and have a bleak record of 3-6. Can't say I blame them that much for that hilarious piece of the contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            Had to look up the last time Missouri State made it to the big dance anyway. That would be a nice little run back in 1999 when they beat #5 Wisconsin (43-32. Gross) and #4 Tennessee, before losing to #1 Duke.

They've only been 6 times, from 1987-1999 and have a bleak record of 3-6. Can't say I blame them that much for that hilarious piece of the contract.
            A 33% winning percentage isn't bad in the NCAA. You have to remember that if you are MSU you are basically always playing a top 20 team in the first round. Now, not having been in this millennium....
            Livin the dream

Comment

• There was a time not long ago that WSU would've given such a clause for a tournament appaerance. A birth was a miracle. Remember the bubble watches & the feelings of being screwed? Remember the great home atmospheres of the NIT? Or the joy not winning the NIT? Do you remember the 20 loss seasons or the countless players arrested?
              Phi Alpha

Comment

• yep, we went went 20 years between NCAA appearances. I have a feeling MSU will break our streak.

Comment

• 20 years? 1989 to 2006. Was there a longer span?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    20 years? 1989 to 2006. Was there a longer span?
                    Was is 1989? I was thinking it was 1987.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Was is 1989? I was thinking it was 1987.
                      Well, while we were both technically wrong (last appearance was 1988 per wiki), we did also have an appearance in 1987, so there is that.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Interestingly, MSU's absence from the NCAA tournament is tied for the third longest active streak amongst current MVC teams (Evansville also hasn't been since 1989) Illinois State hasn't been since 1998 and Loyola hasn't been since 1985.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          You're not serious, are you? a FIVE year extension for just getting to the dance? and it's automatic???!!!

If that's true, I NEVER want to play them in St Louis. The incentive to make something bad happen to us seems way too great.
                          100% serious. And I guess I lied a bit, it's not automatic. It's an option for the coach. So if Lusk's team makes the dance, he has to declare his option for 5 year extension. At which time, it's automatic.

It also doesn't clarify if it is an at-large bid or an auto-bid. So there is that too.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Well, here's the current droughts. Last appearance listed next to each team.

WSU - 2015
                            UNI - 2015
                            Indiana State - 2011
                            Drake - 2008
                            SIU - 2007
                            Bradley - 2006
                            Evansville - 1999
                            MSU - 1999
                            Illinois State -1998
                            Loyola - 1985
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• http://www.midmajormadness.com/2015/8/19/9178233/wichita-state-shockers-2015-2016-season-preview

I
                              think they got a few numbers confused on 3Gs contract though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                The contract I saw quoted was the one Bama was offering. That aside, a comprehensive review of the Shockers.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X