• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a fun article to read!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• A little late to the party ;)

(Article is dated July 1)
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• The Wichita State Shockers have done everything possible to keep their star head coach in the fold. However, it may not be enough to keep Gregg Marshall.

Comment

• Sounds like an article written by an insecure K-State or KU dilweed or something.

There are certainly more fallacies than facts written in that awe-inspiring piece. Perhaps I should propose a bet to Chris and see him put his money where his mouth is?
          Last edited by ShockerFever; August 16, 2015, 12:34 AM.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• What an absolute waste of 5 minutes.

There is so much ignorance in that article, it is not worth the time to refute every preposterous point.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• When did K-State become a "major conference rival"? After this upcoming season (here is my prediction for both teams: WSU 37 -3 and the Elite Eight / KSU 13 - 19 and sitting at home)how many Kansas recruits are going to pick K-State over WSU?

In his 3 years at KSU Bruce Webber's win total has gone down every year. (Translation - the team is getting worse)

Meanwhile down in Wichita, the team lead by Marshall has increased its name recognition exponentially, not to mention its basketball accomplishments.

Sorry, Mr. Godfrey. It looks like you are hoping Marshall leaves.
              Last edited by Fairgame; August 16, 2015, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Sounds like an article written by an insecure K-State of KU dilweed or something.

There are certainly more fallacies than facts written in that awe-inspiring piece. Perhaps I should propose a bet to Chris and see him put his money where his mouth is?
                Same argument my KU friends have said for years. "Wait til Marshall leaves " then "wait til Baker and Vanvleet leave" now it's "when Vanvleet and Baker leave Marshall's gone" they are shitting there pants with mouth's gaping wide open praying they are right. Knowing that we are stealing their thunder. It is hilarious !

Comment

• Despite the inaccurate hyperbole (a blue chipper from Topeka would never choose WSU as one example), the article does ring true that in all likelihood a blue blood program will eventually come calling and Marshall will want it. Other than that, it reads like a bad frat boy sales pitch to a freshman recruit.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• What a piece of tripe. Sure HCGM may move on someday, but how many times have "major" programs attempted to lure him away now. If you know that number you know the number of times it has been predicted that Marshall would move on and how many times those predictions did not come true.

However, I would really like to thank the author for his willingness to publicly display his ignorance of HCGM's situation. He has, no doubt unwittingly, provided a very nice pile of fuel for the fire that drives HCGM and the Wichita State Shockers.

Comment

• K State? I don't think GM considers them at all.

In anything.

If the Kansas schools are brothers and KU is Sonny, KState is definitely Fredo and WSU is obviously Michael. You could argue we are the hot heads and could be Sonny and KU is Michael. But either way, KState is still Fredo.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        K State? I don't think GM considers them at all.

In anything.

If the Kansas schools are brothers and KU is Sonny, KState is definitely Fredo and WSU is obviously Michael. You could argue we are the hot heads and could be Sonny and KU is Michael. But either way, KState is still Fredo.
                        OMG that's freaking outstanding! POTY worthy, at a minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Despite the inaccurate hyperbole (a blue chipper from Topeka would never choose WSU as one example), the article does ring true that in all likelihood a blue blood program will eventually come calling and Marshall will want it. Other than that, it reads like a bad frat boy sales pitch to a freshman recruit.
                          I don't really want to get into this (for the umpteenth time) but is it really likely?

1)First, what blue bloods? UCLA seems blue to me....Gregg is still here.

2)Let's say Coach K retires...that's about as blue as blue gets. You REALLY think they're coming for Gregg? What about if Self goes to the NBA? I'll be willing to give you 2-1 odds and take the side that Gregg doesn't get the call.

My point is that there are few schools that fit the criteria....and that NOTHING is "likely" now.

Comment

• We just have to enjoy every season we have the Marshalls here. This is quite possibly the best era ever of Shocker hoops and hopefully this will be the new norm. WSU has arrived in the relevance department and everyone knows exactly what they can do. 1st team AAs don't go unnoticed, nor the NCOY winners. This is big time college hoops right here in our backyard.

Once HCGM spurned UCLA, I figured that the list would be very short. Like UK, Duke, UNC, Indiana short. Who cares what others think. Let the media keep fueling the rage that drives this team. More fuel only makes for greater enjoyment for us, the fans.

Comment

• Everyone likes to point to Indiana as a likely job opening. First off, I'd take Tom Crean as my coach in a heartbeat. Secondly, do you really think GM would take a job where you're constantly on the hot seat for not making it far enough in the NCAA Tourney? Making the tourney is not good enough. There's probably 3 or 4 jobs he would take and Indiana isn't one of them.

Comment

• This should be happening in the Annual HCGM is Leaving Meltdown Thread that is going on a few thousand posts already after Alabama-gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X