Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockadelica View Post
    http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...016-17-season/

McDuffie tabbed as a breakout star for 2016-17.
    Multiple Shocker recruits in that list.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• ESPN Insider - http://espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruitin.../post?id=15702

There’s a school of thought that says future NBA players and high-level talent are what wins in March -- but is there a correlation between recruiting five-star talents and churning out 25-win seasons or earning conference titles? Over the past couple of weeks, we have gone through ESPN’s ranking of the past four recruiting classes and taken a look at how recruiting classes have compared to results.
      We put a little more focus on total wins and success over the course of a full season as opposed to a team getting hot and going on a run in March. One thing to note regarding the overachievers is that we left out some programs that put an emphasis on prospects that don’t impact our recruiting rankings. As a result, programs like Iowa State (transfers) and Gonzaga (European players) didn’t make the cut -- despite obviously overachieving compared to their recruiting class rankings.

#5 - Wichita State: Over the past four seasons, the Shockers have 111 wins, a Final Four appearance and a No. 1 seed. Over the 2012-15 span, the Shockers had zero ranked recruiting classes. This has been well-documented. Fred VanVleet, despite being an ESPN 100 prospect, and Ron Baker essentially came out of nowhere to become one of the best backcourts in college basketball -- while Cleanthony Early developed quickly into an NBA draft pick. Gregg Marshall has done a tremendous job since taking over at Wichita State, and shows no signs of slowing down.

Footnote: I may have cabbaged up this post to meet guidelines. If so, I apologize. The essence of the writer's opinion is who gets the most out of the least or something like that.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        ESPN Insider - http://espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruitin.../post?id=15702

There’s a school of thought that says future NBA players and high-level talent are what wins in March -- but is there a correlation between recruiting five-star talents and churning out 25-win seasons or earning conference titles? Over the past couple of weeks, we have gone through ESPN’s ranking of the past four recruiting classes and taken a look at how recruiting classes have compared to results.
        We put a little more focus on total wins and success over the course of a full season as opposed to a team getting hot and going on a run in March. One thing to note regarding the overachievers is that we left out some programs that put an emphasis on prospects that don’t impact our recruiting rankings. As a result, programs like Iowa State (transfers) and Gonzaga (European players) didn’t make the cut -- despite obviously overachieving compared to their recruiting class rankings.

#5 - Wichita State: Over the past four seasons, the Shockers have 111 wins, a Final Four appearance and a No. 1 seed. Over the 2012-15 span, the Shockers had zero ranked recruiting classes. This has been well-documented. Fred VanVleet, despite being an ESPN 100 prospect, and Ron Baker essentially came out of nowhere to become one of the best backcourts in college basketball -- while Cleanthony Early developed quickly into an NBA draft pick. Gregg Marshall has done a tremendous job since taking over at Wichita State, and shows no signs of slowing down.

Footnote: I may have cabbaged up this post to meet guidelines. If so, I apologize. The essence of the writer's opinion is who gets the most out of the least or something like that.
        Just FYI, I don't believe copy and pasting from behind paywalls is allowed. Might want to just paraphase the content.

Comment

• I only pasted information relative to WSU.

I have visited with ESPN about the matter that you have raised and I believe that I am in compliance with its guidelines.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• A quick highlight video I threw together of some of my favorite plays of the year.

Another great Shocker season. Thank you to all the seniors for their great contributions to the program.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
              A quick highlight video I threw together of some of my favorite plays of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prau...ature=youtu.be
              Where did you find the WSU intro video?

Comment

A quick highlight video I threw together of some of my favorite plays of the year.

Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Where did you find the WSU intro video?

Most of the clips are from GoShockers or from my DVR (or downloaded from ESPN3.com replays)
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Basketball season is taking way too long to get here.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Thanks enjoyed it

Comment

Working...
                      X