2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015-16 Media love thread

I figured it was time to retire last year's thread and start a new one.

Ranking the 10 best "small ball" lineups

This might qualify for "small ball" in the NBA, but it's basically a huge college lineup.

#1 Cal:
    PG: Tyrone Wallace (6'5")
    SG: Jordan Mathews (6'3")
    SF: Jabari Bird (6'6")
    PF: Jaylen Brown (6'7")
    C: Ivan Rabb (6'11")

Comment

Although young, we could go really big if we wanted:

(Forgive me if the heights are a little off)

PG Taylor 6-2
      SG Shamet 6-4
      SF McDuffie 6-9
      PF Morris 6-7
      C Bush 6-11

Granted, we wouldn't want this lineup in for long periods of time, however, if Shamet and Taylor develop decently in the non-con, I would venture that we could get away with this lineup in Valley play and be quite successful against half the teams in the league.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Although young, we could go really big if we wanted:

(Forgive me if the heights are a little off)

PG Taylor 6-2
        SG Shamet 6-4
        SF McDuffie 6-9
        PF Morris 6-7
        C Bush 6-11

Granted, we wouldn't want this lineup in for long periods of time, however, if Shamet and Taylor develop decently in the non-con, I would venture that we could get away with this lineup in Valley play and be quite successful against half the teams in the league.
        For more height, substitute Grady for Morris.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

The big question is do you want to play "large ball" or "large balls."

Cause if you want to go "big" your lineup counter-intuitively includes Fred and Evan...

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I figured it was time to retire last year's thread and start a new one.

Ranking the 10 best "small ball" lineups
            Another article tied to your link

It may be July, but true college basketball fans always have March on the brain. For the first time in quite a while, the state of college basketball's offseason is stable enough for an updated projection of the 2016 NCAA tournament field...

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              For more height, substitute Grady for Morris.
              You can still go bigger without playing out of position:

Baker 6-4
              Brown 6-6
              McDuffie 6-8
              Hamilton 6-9
              Wamukota 6-11
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                3 seed in the Midwest bracket.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Baker 6-4
                  Brown 6-6
                  McDuffie 6-8
                  Hamilton 6-9
                  Wamukota 6-11
                  I'll be disappointed until we are truly flexible and can go bigger by having two 7 footers in the same starting lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Baker 6-4
                    Brown 6-6
                    McDuffie 6-8
                    Hamilton 6-9
                    Wamukota 6-11
                    I like that line up. Man the coach is going to have fun playing with the line up this year. Maybe we have the five starters that gets the big first half lead and the five guys that play clean up second half during MVC play.

Comment

Was it last year that Marshall tried a lineup of nearly all newcomers during the match at IBA and about had a myocardial infarction? That was the worst product we had put on the court at any one time in years. It was actually kind of humorous -- like the keystone cops out there running some slapstick comedy. Fortunately that was a very easy situation to rectify. I hope that two of our newcomers "get it" by the end of the season and really start to shine. Especially at the point guard position.
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Was it last year that Marshall tried a lineup of nearly all newcomers during the match at IBA and about had a myocardial infarction? That was the worst product we had put on the court at any one time in years. It was actually kind of humorous -- like the keystone cops out there running some slapstick comedy. Fortunately that was a very easy situation to rectify. I hope that two of our newcomers "get it" by the end of the season and really start to shine. Especially at the point guard position.
                        Haha.. Yes it was at IBA. I was there with my folks and I remember my mom asking why the Shockers stopped scoring. I replied that it was because there were all freshmen on the floor.

Comment

The great thing about that was 1) 3G had the FR talent to actually be able to do it and 2) had a strong enough team that it survived the experiment!

Comment

It was also one of the reasons Holland and Henderson are no longer with the team. Not quite ready for prime time.

Comment

These are the combinations of non-returners and walkons from that game against St. Louis

Combination Seconds Opp Pts WSU Pts Net
                              Kelly-Brown-Henderson-Holland-Nurger 42 2 0 -2
                              Brown-Henderson-Holland-Wamukota-Glass 75 2 0 -2
                              Brown-Henderson-Holland-Nurger-Wamukota 78 0 3 3
                              Henderson-Bush-Walker-Wamukota-Glass 13 1 0 -1
                              Bush-Simon-Walker-Wamukota-Glass 126 2 1 -1
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                              X