No announcement yet.

2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demetric Williams hardly played in the tournament because Demetric Williams could hardly move in the tournament. He was a freaking walking wounded at that point.

Also, it's important to remember that he wasn't playing that much early in the season. He averaged just under 20mpg before Baker was injured. When Baker returned, his minutes predictably dropped.

Comment

• I think Brown and Wessel split 40 minutes.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        I think Brown and Wessel split 40 minutes.
        I agree that they will split time, but I think some games may be 28-12, and others 20-20, depending on matchups and who has the hot hand. If EW is shooting like he did against KU, I'd let him go til he can't go no more. Same thing if ZB is crushing the opponents best offensive threat and scoring well.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Demetric Williams hardly played in the tournament because Demetric Williams could hardly move in the tournament. He was a freaking walking wounded at that point.

Also, it's important to remember that he wasn't playing that much early in the season. He averaged just under 20mpg before Baker was injured. When Baker returned, his minutes predictably dropped.
          Even more to my point. I can see him losing time to Brown, Frankamp, Shamet, etc over the course of the season. Just because he is a senior doesn't guarantee him 30 minutes a game. I feel/hope that our depth at the 3 and 4 are more ready to go late in the season than they were last year where we were forced to play 7 or 8 guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            I agree that they will split time, but I think some games may be 28-12, and others 20-20, depending on matchups and who has the hot hand. If EW is shooting like he did against KU, I'd let him go til he can't go no more. Same thing if ZB is crushing the opponents best offensive threat and scoring well.
            Yeah, I didn't mean it'd be 20/20. Just that they are each other's handcuff, if you want to use fantasy football lingo.

I expect a huge senior campaign from Evan, and Zach is going to be the belle of the ball in his Sophomore year. Call them Hustle & Grind.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
              Even more to my point. I can see him losing time to Brown, Frankamp, Shamet, etc over the course of the season. Just because he is a senior doesn't guarantee him 30 minutes a game. I feel/hope that our depth at the 3 and 4 are more ready to go late in the season than they were last year where we were forced to play 7 or 8 guys.
              Given that he only averaged 23mpg last year, I would be surprised to see him average 30 this year. Evan will probably average 20+ minutes per game. Higher if he is hitting shots. Slightly lower if Brown is hitting more.

Comment

• You just can't keep Evan out of the line-up for long. Warrior!!! Brown is a stud and will get tons of playing time. My heart really goes out to the rest of the Valley. Poor souls....
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If you plan on taking minutes from Evan, you better be getting loose balls at an extremely high ratio.

And you better be a tough SOB.

Evan WILL get the loose balls, and he's likely tougher than you.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Evan WILL get the loose balls, and he's tougher than you.
                    FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by strongisbeautiful17 View Post
                      Can a coach really build a winning program with consistency if they continue to "recruit to replace" instead of "recruit to fill"? I get the guessing game of the draft. I would think you would build a stronger program by building a consistent program of players who buy into your program, are committed to the coaching staff and build a solid brotherhood with a focus on playing together, building a winning program, and staying with a program for at least 3 years in the hopes of possibly getting drafted. Watching the past 2 years I get the heavy feeling of inconsistency, disarray, players who lack confidence in what their role is for the first half of the season and then they settle into their role and start winning some ball games. The "guessing game" should be at the end of each season with the excitement and anticipation of the draft, not at the beginning of each new season when everyone including the coaching staff is trying to figure out the roles of each new player and who to ax after they have been promised the world. Parents and Athletes really need to take a hard look at what they are stepping into before they throw away one year of eligibility, unless they enjoy entering into a "Las Vegas" crap shoot.
                      The money that Is given during later rounds these days has changed a teams ability to predict what will happen in draft day. We thought that Dusty Coleman would stay and the SS/CF from Goddard went in the higher rounds
                      Last edited by shockmonster; September 1, 2015, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Shows you what I know...I didn't even know Dusty played basketball

Comment

• Wait I thought Evans scholarship got taken away because he sucks so bad and doesn't belong on the team...

:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            Wait I thought Evans scholarship got taken away because he sucks so bad and doesn't belong on the team...

:)
                            It was, so he beat the hell out of some poor kid and took it back.

Comment

• In Valley play, I want to see:

Fred/Conner
                              Ron/Landry
                              Evan/Zach
                              Anton/Rashard
                              Bush/Shaq
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• I want to see us develop the next point guard, whether that's Conner or someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X