The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jes'Me View Post
    Husky, just a quick detour, but is your team's mascot by any chance named King?
    He is Jonathan the XIV. Curious as to why that was asked though... Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
      I love Lynn. Being born and raised in the Northeast, we appreciate realness and laying your heart on your sleeve. She would probably be a blast to hang around, and I didn't think any less of her. I admire her passion and devotion to the program.

Also, being the wife of a college coach (especially one in the national spotlight) is not an easy task. That's a tough job in itself. Case in point: Ollie's wife divorced him a few years ago after 17 years of marriage. Rumor has it that their irreconcilable differences were a result of the job. And a lot of fans believe it's had an affect on Ollie's overall performance since then. It's nice to see a strong, passionate Marshall family. You're lucky to have her.
      My theory is that you're drawn to us because Lynn and Gregg rescue dogs. While they may not have any Huskies in their house they have 4 or 5 others they've saved from bad endings. They're good people. Passionate, but good.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
        He is Jonathan the XIV. Curious as to why that was asked though... Cheers!
        When I moved back east I started hearing about the Connecticut Huskies.I couldn't figure out what connection the two had. Then I heard someone call them U Conn, and I cracked up. And of course, the finest husky of the North was Sgt Preston's lead dog Yukon King. Oh well, it was too much to hope for.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          My theory is that you're drawn to us because Lynn and Gregg rescue dogs. While they may not have any Huskies in their house they have 4 or 5 others they've saved from bad endings. They're good people. Passionate, but good.
          Perhaps you're onto something... I have a rescue Husky/Pitbull mix from Bakersfield, California (from a kill shelter) and a rescue Australian Shepherd/Lab mix from Memphis (found on the street).

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jes'Me;741920]When I moved back east I started hearing about the Connecticut Huskies.I couldn't figure out what connection the two had. Then I heard someone call them U Conn, and I cracked up. And of course, the finest husky of the North was Sgt Preston's lead dog Yukon King. Oh well, it was too much to hope for.[/QUOTE

I believe the name just won a campus poll back in the day. Syracuse/Rutgers trolls like to call us "Yukon." UMass fans like to call us "UCan't" or "UConvicts." I don't really mind any of them. I guess in my mind, it's better to be talked about and relevant in peoples' minds than not at all.

Comment

• [QUOTE=UCONN_Husky;741922]
              Originally posted by Jes'Me View Post
              When I moved back east I started hearing about the Connecticut Huskies.I couldn't figure out what connection the two had. Then I heard someone call them U Conn, and I cracked up. And of course, the finest husky of the North was Sgt Preston's lead dog Yukon King. Oh well, it was too much to hope for.[/QUOTE

I believe the name just won a campus poll back in the day. Syracuse/Rutgers trolls like to call us "Yukon." UMass fans like to call us "UCan't" or "UConvicts." I don't really mind any of them. I guess in my mind, it's better to be talked about and relevant in peoples' minds than not at all.
              When they do that, you can say...

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• [QUOTE=ShockBand;741925]
                Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post

When they do that, you can say...

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
                SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• "Ten realistic candidates who could replace Rick Pitino as coach at Louisville" - CBS Sports

by Matt Norlander
                  Posted: 10/03/17, 12;15pm cst

Speculation could last the entire season, but here are the coaches to keep an eye on

1. Northwestern's Chris Collins
                  2. Providence's Ed Cooley
                  3. Former Indiana coach Tom Crean
                  4. Cincinnati's Mick Cronin
                  5. Vanderbilt's Bryce Drew
                  6. Xavier's Chris Mack
                  7. Wichita State's Gregg Marshall: If you want the one guy who could be the biggest challenger to Mack as the favorite to land the job, Marshall's it. Timing is everything, and Marshall's about to hit the point where he'll be deciding if he's going to retire as Wichita State's coach or if he's going to finally take a top-level job. This season Wichita State is set up to be a top-10 team. Then, the Shockers could lose Landry Shamet and/or Markis McDuffie to early NBA Draft entry. Plus, almost every other player of consequence will be graduating. The Shockers will still probably be respectable a season from now, but this is the high point. Marshall making another charge to a Final Four, in addition to getting a good tourney seed, would be further validation of his coaching acuity.
                  8. Illinois State's Dan Muller - Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, etc...
                  9. Louisville interim head coach David Padgett
                  10. Purdue's Matt Painter..."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    "Ten realistic candidates who could replace Rick Pitino as coach at Louisville" - CBS Sports

by Matt Norlander

Speculation could last the entire season, but here are the coaches to keep an eye on

6. Xavier's Chris Mack
                    7. Wichita State's Gregg Marshall: If you want the one guy who could be the biggest challenger to Mack as the favorite to land the job, Marshall's it. Timing is everything, and Marshall's about to hit the point where he'll be deciding if he's going to retire as Wichita State's coach or if he's going to finally take a top-level job. This season Wichita State is set up to be a top-10 team. Then, the Shockers could lose Landry Shamet and/or Markis McDuffie to early NBA Draft entry. Plus, almost every other player of consequence will be graduating. The Shockers will still probably be respectable a season from now, but this is the high point. Marshall making another charge to a Final Four, in addition to getting a good tourney seed, would be further validation of his coaching acuity.
                    8. Illinois State's Dan Muller - Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, etc...
                    Wait, this is the high point? I thought we were at a low point, you know like we fell off that cliff after Ron and Fred graduated. I guess these writers must think Marshall is just lucky and has no ability to sustain success.

Comment

• Why would any coach on that list want to go to that dumpster fire in Louisville? Seriously, what am I missing? Before the strippers and hookers. Absolutely a great job that almost any coach would want. But now especially after the FBI probe, I think the dust will have to settle for awhile, and I would think that will take some time.
                      Last edited by Shocker-maniac; October 3, 2017, 05:58 PM.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        "Ten realistic candidates who could replace Rick Pitino as coach at Louisville" - CBS Sports

by Matt Norlander

6. Xavier's Chris Mack
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Wasn't Pitino making almost 8 million bucks?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Wasn't Pitino making almost 8 million bucks?
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• These writers making Lulville HC lists seem to be missing the fact that the school is at the center of an ongoing FBI investigation, then when that is over they will take their turn with the NCAA, who already had placed them on probation from earlier transgressions. Kind of a big factoid to miss, but oh well... modern state of journalism and all.

Comment

• Hey! I just saw a car with Kentucky plates DRIVING EAST! That's towards Wichita!

Comment

Working...
                                X