The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall to Cal
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Maybe. Has he ever spent more than 2.5 years at any school?
      To be fair, Tennessee fans are mainly to blame for him leaving there. They started a petition to rehire Bruce Pearl, all while HCCCM was taking them to the Sweet 16.

Cal might have always been a stopgap, until he found a opportunity he really thought he could do well with.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
        Marshall to Cal
        This is true.... for vacation, after winning the NC.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          This is true.... for vacation, after winning the NC.
          Short drive from Phoenix.

Comment

Private jet! We know every time his feet leave the ground, its in a Cessna!

$traight Ca$h Homie!
            The Assman

Comment

Not quite a short drive from Phoenix. Perhaps not as far from Phoenix to LA as from Wichita to Houston, but I'm guessing about 350.

And Cal is about 400 miles north.

San Diego is about 330 from Casa Grande (on I-19). I'd probably rather go to San Diego than either LA or Berkeley.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                Time to give 3G a raise.
                Honestly .. If the donor support is there, it wouldn't be a bad year to do. Not because of the coaching rumors but in appreciation for the fact that he lost 2 NBA Guards plus Wessel and Grady and turned around and went 30-4, 17-1 with a Regular Season and Tourney Championship without a senior in rotation.

Comment

• 5.5 hour drive from my front porch to San Diego beaches to be exact. Is it Friday yet!!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    5.5 hour drive from my front porch to San Diego beaches to be exact. Is it Friday yet!!!!!
                    I'd ask if you go to Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco), but I'm betting you are allergic to gunfire and 50 caliber Barrets.

Lot safer to drive the couple of extra hours and go to San Diego.

I saw a you tube video during a gunfight which occurred in Puerto Penasco. The Mexican Marines trapped a high-value cartel member in Puerto Penasco. The Americans on the video were scared shitless. There were large plumes of smoke rising from the desert just beyond Puerto Penasco and there was continuous automatic gunfire you could hear in the background.

About the only thing these tourists had going for them was they were on about the 20th floor and the gunfight was a couple of miles from them.

Comment

• Lol - yeah tons go to Rocky Point (lots of college age kids). I tend to not. Lol
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Marshall to San Diego County Community College.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Honestly .. If the donor support is there, it wouldn't be a bad year to do. Not because of the coaching rumors but in appreciation for the fact that he lost 2 NBA Guards plus Wessel and Grady and turned around and went 30-4, 17-1 with a Regular Season and Tourney Championship without a senior in rotation.
                          It's already built in. He gets a $500k per year raise starting in 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            It's already built in. He gets a $500k per year raise starting in 2018.
                            I meant something on top of his current contract.

Comment

• Cuonzo to Mizzou is a good, solid hire IMHO. Perhaps overpaid a bit but I guess you do what you have to do and when your cup runneth over with SEC football money you can afford to throw the green around with abandon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                I meant something on top of his current contract.
                                I'm sure he would prefer a move to the AAC or perhaps a some bonuses or raises for his staff.

If he wins an NCAA Championship this year no doubt a major league performance bonus will materialize.

Plus ADDB needs to make sure he has the buyout of HCTB line up also. Not sure what dumping Jody Adams set us back.

Comment

Working...
                                X