No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw an article that discussed the decent probability that the FBI investigation could significantly impact the Adidas/Louisville $160 million deal. They lose some/part/all of that and they are hoping Muller leaves ISU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      "Ten realistic candidates who could replace Rick Pitino as coach at Louisville" - CBS Sports

by Matt Norlander
      Posted: 10/03/17, 12;15pm cst

Speculation could last the entire season, but here are the coaches to keep an eye on

1. Northwestern's Chris Collins
      2. Providence's Ed Cooley
      3. Former Indiana coach Tom Crean
      4. Cincinnati's Mick Cronin
      5. Vanderbilt's Bryce Drew
      6. Xavier's Chris Mack
      7. Wichita State's Gregg Marshall: If you want the one guy who could be the biggest challenger to Mack as the favorite to land the job, Marshall's it. Timing is everything, and Marshall's about to hit the point where he'll be deciding if he's going to retire as Wichita State's coach or if he's going to finally take a top-level job. This season Wichita State is set up to be a top-10 team. Then, the Shockers could lose Landry Shamet and/or Markis McDuffie to early NBA Draft entry. Plus, almost every other player of consequence will be graduating. The Shockers will still probably be respectable a season from now, but this is the high point. Marshall making another charge to a Final Four, in addition to getting a good tourney seed, would be further validation of his coaching acuity.
      8. Illinois State's Dan Muller - Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, etc...
      9. Louisville interim head coach David Padgett
      10. Purdue's Matt Painter..."
      "This is the high point"
      -supposed basketball experts 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017 and counting...

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks Muller would be a great fit? We already question his integrity. He wants out of ISU. Louisville won't get to go to the postseason anyway for a while, so why not? Get a wedding ring, it's a perfect marraige.

(Only slightly sarcastic)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
          Am I the only one who thinks Muller would be a great fit? We already question his integrity. He wants out of ISU. Louisville won't get to go to the postseason anyway for a while, so why not? Get a wedding ring, it's a perfect marraige.

I have zero question about Dan Muller's integrity. I'm 100% certain it doesn't exist.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            Am I the only one who thinks Muller would be a great fit? We already question his integrity. He wants out of ISU. Louisville won't get to go to the postseason anyway for a while, so why not? Get a wedding ring, it's a perfect marraige.

But Muller, who has been quietly getting it done at Illinois State for years
            Quiet? Very. I doubt most fans have any idea what he's done at Illinois State for years.

Getting what done, exactly? Failing to win an outright conference championship or reach the NCAA tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Quiet? Very. I doubt most fans have any idea what he's done at Illinois State for years.

Getting what done, exactly? Failing to win an outright conference championship or reach the NCAA tournament?
              Am I incorrect or didn't one or two of his players return for the coming season?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                Am I incorrect or didn't one or two of his players return for the coming season?
                Maybe on work release.

Comment

• Quit being rough on Muller.

He got three assistants high-major jobs in less than four months. :)
                  Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

He very effectively took a team that hadn't won a conference title or reached the NCAA tournament with four NIT trips while winning at a .619 clip under Jank -- and made them into a team that hasn't won an outright conference title or reached the NCAA tournament with two NIT trips while winning at a .615 clip. Without Creighton to deal with.

Surely that's ... something.

He's the 5th most successful coach in Illinois State's MVC history. Out of seven. Give the man his credit: He's not Tom Richardson or Porter Moser.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• We may as well make this thread a Sticky as I'm sure we'll be beaten over the head with this talk all season long.

9. Gregg Marshall will win coach of the year and finally leave Wichita State
                      He's always a contender. But this season's field is stacked. Mike Krzyzewski is guiding a national title favorite. Tom Izzo could win the Big Ten and reach the Final Four again. Plus, Landry Shamet and Markis McDuffie continue to deal with foot injuries that could force them to miss the start of the season for Wichita State. But the Shockers will overcome those early hurdles, win the American Athletic Conference crown and reach the Elite Eight under Marshall, achievements that will warrant every reputable national coach of the year award. And then, Marshall will finally receive an offer too good to reject and make a move to a Power 5 school after leading Wichita State to prominence few could have imagined prior to his arrival.

Comment

• He predicts this every year.Yawn!
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This is Radioface’s subtle prediction that Marshall will be whisked off to Louisville, as if any sane person would want to infiltrate that mess.

I could see these predictions when Gregg was still stuck in the Valley. But now he leaves after WSU is thrusted into a substantially better league and being arguably one of the Top 15 or 20 programs in the nation?

It’s mind-boggling that after all of the ESPN layoffs, this guy comes out of the fray still employed.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• giskard
                              giskard commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Actually, he predicts that the interim coach at Louisville will get the job permanently as well.

• wichshock65
                              wichshock65 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Good to have you back Fev!

• What p5 school job is going to open up that he would take? He has a high major job!!!

Comment

• If only there was precedent of someone winning NCOY at WSU and staying at WSU.

Oh, wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X