Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't seem so.

Comment

• I think its time to poach some Butler commits.

No, I don't, I was joking and that is classless.

But sort of, maybe it's time to poach some guys and act like we didn't.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Didn't think Jordan would get the Butler position, not enough expierence for my liking.
        Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
          Didn't think Jordan would get the Butler position, not enough expierence for my liking.
          Risky hire. Butler alum, but.......
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
            Didn't think Jordan would get the Butler position, not enough expierence for my liking.
            Butler apparently doesn't have the ability pay like an elite school, even though they fashion themselves as one. Could be said for most of the NBE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Butler apparently doesn't have the ability pay like an elite school, even though they fashion themselves as one. Could be said for most of the NBE.
              I think the hire was based less on resources and more on timing and Butler's desire to hire Butler guys. From what I've read, Holtmann turned OSU down twice. Butler did counter with big money. At that point, Ohio State had been rejected three different times, losing Holtmann would have initiated a media circus and embarassment for the Buckeyes, that is when the insane eight-year, $3mm deal came. Of course Holtmann took it.

As for Butler hiring this guy, who else are you going to hire in mid June? Nobody. At least few, if any successful coaches with long track records, they already have good jobs. They found an up and comer that they believe will be loyal to the program. They found what they thought was the best they could do this late in the game. I just think theh could have turned over a few more stones.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                I think the hire was based less on resources and more on timing and Butler's desire to hire Butler guys. From what I've read, Holtmann turned OSU down twice. Butler did counter with big money. At that point, Ohio State had been rejected three different times, losing Holtmann would have initiated a media circus and embarassment for the Buckeyes, that is when the insane eight-year, $3mm deal came. Of course Holtmann took it.

As for Butler hiring this guy, who else are you going to hire in mid June? Nobody. At least few, if any successful coaches with long track records, they already have good jobs. They found an up and comer that they believe will be loyal to the program. They found what they thought was the best they could do this late in the game. I just think theh could have turned over a few more stones.
                And, to tell you the truth, Butler has a pretty good recent track record for good hires.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  We don't have any idea whether or not he got a raise. Again, any salary he makes is not released. The last fivure, from 2014, was around $1.17mm. That was an educated guess from three years ago. As McDermott turned down tOSU job, we don't know if the Buckeyes lowballed him. We just don't know.

My guess, still a wildass guess, is McD probably was in the $1.5mm range, tOSU went somewhere in the neighborhood of $2.25mm. If those numbers are close, Creighton bumping to a little under $2mm should ne enough to both keep McDermott and at the same time, not roll over.

One of the reasons Matta is leaving is that recruiting dropped off. Their cupboard isn't completely bare, but they aren't good. On the flipside, McDermott has a really good class coming in, plus experienced depth. You add that to the facilities Creighton now has in place, plus he grew up in Iowa and has family here, I don't think Creighton needed to roll over.
                  For what it is worth, this USA Today article from 2017 lists McDermott's salary at $1,153,488:http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

Also for what it is worth, wikipedia lists his annual salary at:$1,369,949

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_McDermott
                  Last edited by shox1989; June 14, 2017, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    For what it is worth, this USA Today article from 2017 lists McDermott's salary at $1,153,488:http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

Also for what it is worth, wikipedia lists his annual salary at:$1,369,949

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_McDermott
                    So SLIGHTLY above UNI .... with less Sweet 16s ..

Comment

• Would've liked to see them hire within, which would've kept their best recruiting class in the school's history.

Butler looks like they are still on a Horizon league budget.

Hell I would've given Crean the position.
                      Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Comment

• Would have been a little more nervous about this, prior to this year's NCAA tourney and the barrage of false news by the KY media concerning Lynn Marshall.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I don't foresee Gregg and Lynn dancing around wrapping a big-ass Eastern Diamondback around their necks and speaking in tongues anytime soon...
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Interesting that he put his name out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                                Interesting that he put his name out there.

Why wouldn't he put his name out there? Put the screws to those that cut those paychecks. Or as Dickie V. says... "a raise is a beautiful thing baby."

Comment

Working...
                                X