No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a 3G guy because he IS part of Shocker Nation, and while I will always be appreciative of where he has taken us, at the point he is no longer part of Shocker Nation, then I will support the next guy. For me it's about WSU. Period.

Comment

• Crean's made the S16 three times in the past six years, and he just got canned.

WSU certainly offers more security and loyalty than any P5 job ever will, and a Top 10 paycheck. Not sure that matters to Gregg, but whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Crean's made the S16 three times in the past six years, and he just got canned.

WSU certainly offers more security and loyalty than any P5 job ever will, and a Top 10 paycheck. Not sure that matters to Gregg, but whatever.
        Gregg cares about championships! Does he think he can win one at WSU? Does he think it would be more likely at Indiana?
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          I don't know why I do this to myself when I am in Kansas City and I listen to the local sports talk. These guys are complete morons. They are trying to tell us that Gregg Marshall was on a Southwest flight. Are you ****ing kidding me?

" now is the year he has to leave, isn't it? 30 wins this year? How can he beat that ?"

Well G Kevin I don't know, maybe by bringing the whole ****ing team back next year?
          I listened to that episode and can't remember if it was the same one or possibly a different episode or even 610...But there was another discussion on GM heading to IU and the kc guys speculated "what if Bruce Weber was feeling unappreciated in the lil apple...he's won in the MVC before...would they be interested in him?"

Let that sink into the kc psychy...

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            Immediate thoughts that are mostly just repeats:

1. Indiana always scared me more than other schools

2. This is the best year for Indiana to come open, considering HCGM's personal life and the team we have next year

3. I like it coming open now more than it coming open in June. HCGM won't let it distract the team

4. If HCGM left for Alabama, I would've been appreciative of what he did for us, but it also would've left a sour taste in my mouth. Alabama seems inferior to us in every way. Indiana is a top six program. It would be a lot easier to remember him fondly if he chose to leave for a school like Indiana.
            Hopefully this scenario will pan out like the UCLA saga a few years back where 3G didn't talk to anyone while his team was still playing and UCLA hired Alford

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              I listened to that episode and can't remember if it was the same one or possibly a different episode or even 610...But there was another discussion on GM heading to IU and the kc guys speculated "what if Bruce Weber was feeling unappreciated in the lil apple...he's won in the MVC before...would they be interested in him?"

Let that sink into the kc psychy...
              I need to learn to do the heimlich maneuver on myself if Im gonna have to hear this stuff...
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• If I'm a Dayton fan, I'm slightly more worried because Archie is younger.

IU has the history, but it has lost a little of its luster for sure. It is no longer in the same level as Duke, UNC, UK and....KU.....

UCLA was the same way as IU, and still kind of is. UCLA has a better draw for stars though.

Whoever IU hires, they need to realized Bobby Knight isn't coming back.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  If I'm a Dayton fan, I'm slightly more worried because Archie is younger.
                  I'd agree. Miller can also be had for less money one would assume (not that Indiana is hurting for money), plus Bloomington and Dayton recruiting grounds essentially overlap, since they're separated by only something like 150 miles.

Miller makes all kinds of sense for IU, not that it qualms my nerves much, nor do I wish that on Dayton.

Comment

• I heard rumors that both Marshall and Miller flew to Indiana yesterday in anticipation of this.

Just waiting for the first Indiana fan to point that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      I heard rumors that both Marshall and Miller flew to Indiana yesterday in anticipation of this.

I'm hearing it's already a done deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        I heard rumors that both Marshall and Miller flew to Indiana yesterday in anticipation of this.

THAT is where Marshall was flying on Southwest!!!! Lol
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• IndyStar article mentions several candidates, none of which was 3G.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            IndyStar article mentions several candidates, none of which was 3G.
                            Good, Marshall doesn't like being sloppy 2nds lol ;)
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              IndyStar article mentions several candidates, none of which was 3G.
                              There have been rumors that there's a personal disconnect somewhere that could preclude Marshall to IU. A minority of Hoosier fans are talking about it today, and I've seen them talk about it in the past.

Not sure there's any truth to the matter, but the fact the #1 media outlet in Indiana doesn't even waste time talking about the perpetual "number one guy" on everyone's list, every year, could be an insiders hint of that rumor having legs.

Comment

• I have seen Alford to IU and Marshall to UCLA mentioned though.

Comment

Working...
                                X