The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I'm sure he would prefer a move to the AAC or perhaps a some bonuses or raises for his staff.

If he wins an NCAA Championship this year no doubt a major league performance bonus will materialize.

Plus ADDB needs to make sure he has the buyout of HCTB line up also. Not sure what dumping Jody Adams set us back.
    I hate the thought that firing Adams could mean an extra year of Butler. Ugh!
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Cuonzo to Mizzou is a good, solid hire IMHO. Perhaps overpaid a bit but I guess you do what you have to do and when your cup runneth over with SEC football money you can afford to throw the green around with abandon.
      He got Jaylen Brown to go to Cal. He ought to be able to get another 5* kid to go to Mizzou.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Rumors are that Mizzou's offer to Martin is 3.5 million a year ... Talk about over paying ..
        That's over 3,500,000 per road win.
        I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          He got Jaylen Brown to go to Cal. He ought to be able to get another 5* kid to go to Mizzou.
          Already rumors that Michael Porter may decommit from Washington to go to Mizzou. Apparently he never signed an LOI.

Comment

• FWIW, Illinois going hard after Tony Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
              http://www.thechampaignroom.com/2017...ch-news-rumors

FWIW, Illinois going hard after Tony Bennett
              If schools are gonna start throwing out $5 mil it's time to double 3G up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                They announced they had 25 mil to spend. So it's probably a 5 mil for five years thing. Marshall has a rolling 7 years at 3.5 mil. So 24.5 left after every year.

Don't disagree he's worth a pay raise, but this offer is probably less in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                  http://www.thechampaignroom.com/2017...ch-news-rumors

FWIW, Illinois going hard after Tony Bennett
                  This is great to put out there right before Bennett has his team playing in the tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    The KC "talking heads" can't wrap their pompous heads around why anyone would want to live and coach in "little ol' Wichita". They view themselves, their city, and their BIG XII (and now SEC) schools as vastly superior to anyone or anything else, especially Wichita.
                    You mean like all the "big-name" programs at schools in "big-old KC"?
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Cuonzo Martin to Missouri, I see on Twitter.

Comment

I'm sure he would prefer a move to the AAC or perhaps a some bonuses or raises for his staff.

If he wins an NCAA Championship this year no doubt a major league performance bonus will materialize.

Plus ADDB needs to make sure he has the buyout of HCTB line up also. Not sure what dumping Jody Adams set us back.
                        His current contract provides $576,000 for winning the NC.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          I think WSU actually broke the ice on these types of things by effectively outbidding a couple huge schools for several years and then capping it off with the Alabama situation. All the sudden a bunch of P5 athletic departments are thinking "man, we are supposed to be big time and WSU just threw 3.3M at Marshall." Now, we are going to see bigger numbers thrown around all the time since everybody is looking at WSU ponying up like we are KU and Duke. The audacity!

Comment

• Apparently Washington just fired Lorenzo Romar.

Comment

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
                              Apparently Washington just fired Lorenzo Romar.
                              And Martin just hired Michael Porter Sr. Indirectly paying for the number 1 recruit

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                And Martin just hired Michael Porter Sr. Indirectly paying for the number 1 recruit
                                Porter is actually from Columbia. His aunt is the women's coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X