Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Be interested to see if some of Travis Ford's commits decommit
    Are these verbal commits or players that have signed LOI? If the latter is the case I would be surprised if St. Louis would give them an unconditional release from their LOI's.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Marshall to Cal
      assistant to Calipari?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Are these verbal commits or players that have signed LOI? If the latter is the case I would be surprised if St. Louis would give them an unconditional release from their LOI's.
        Goodwin is listed as having signed a LOI according to Verbal Commits. Gordon is still a high school junior so I don't think he is eligible to sign until November.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Gordon and Thatch are the ones I'm referring to

Comment

• Indiana just fired Tom Crean.

Comment

• re: Crean

I think this is a good year for our program here for Indiana to be coach hunting. I doubt too many of us believe Coach Marshall would leave this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Indiana just fired Tom Crean.
                This one concerns me more than other jobs. Just because I do feel he could go and be successful very quick in Indiana. I have also always felt his system would work well in the big 10.

I know some say he won't leave due to cold. While I know he doesn't care for the cold I don't think that will be a factor. If he hated it that much he would have left Kansas by now for warmer climate.

Also some mention how Maggie will be a senior. This will probably be a bigger factor, however, if he feels it is truly a situation he wants he could always just go and Maggie and Lynn stay to finish school. They are a tight knit family so I am not sure Lynn and Maggie would go for it. But it COULD be done.

Plus a top 10 team returning. That may be the biggest factor

That's all I will say. We got games to play and I don't worry much about this stuff anymore. Marshall gets paid well and has it great here. He has proven he isn't a jumper.

We will see how it plays out after we win the National Championship ;)
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Indiana just fired Tom Crean.
                  It's always so nice of these schools to do this sh*t every year literally immediately before the start of the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    It's always so nice of these schools to do this sh*t every year literally immediately before the start of the tournament.
                    They were just waiting for them to lose in the NIT. Which happened last night I believe
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I will also say while I mentioned this one "concerned me more" I definitely won't lose sleep. WSU is in a great place, Marshall is in a great place. At the end of the day I doubt he leaves this year

Would love to hear that we are going to the AAC soon also. That would just increase our chances of keeping him I feel

Comment

• I think this may push WSU admin to really gauge where we are for a conference upgrade in order to assure Gtegg that this is real.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Hopefully Bobby has already called Gregg and told him "eff those effers!!!!"
                          The Assman

Comment

• Immediate thoughts that are mostly just repeats:

1. Indiana always scared me more than other schools

2. This is the best year for Indiana to come open, considering HCGM's personal life and the team we have next year

3. I like it coming open now more than it coming open in June. HCGM won't let it distract the team

4. If HCGM left for Alabama, I would've been appreciative of what he did for us, but it also would've left a sour taste in my mouth. Alabama seems inferior to us in every way. Indiana is a top six program. It would be a lot easier to remember him fondly if he chose to leave for a school like Indiana.

Comment

• Better this year than next.

He won't talk to them until we are done. More wins decreases the odds that he goes. Root angry!

Archie Miller will be available for negotiations soon and would be an excellent hire.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                                Immediate thoughts that are mostly just repeats:

1. Indiana always scared me more than other schools

2. This is the best year for Indiana to come open, considering HCGM's personal life and the team we have next year

3. I like it coming open now more than it coming open in June. HCGM won't let it distract the team

4. If HCGM left for Alabama, I would've been appreciative of what he did for us, but it also would've left a sour taste in my mouth. Alabama seems inferior to us in every way. Indiana is a top six program. It would be a lot easier to remember him fondly if he chose to leave for a school like Indiana.
                                I agree. Had he left for Alabama it was clearly for financial reasons. Indiana is a storied and once proud program where basketball is King and fans are passionate. Sound familiar? ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X