Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grudkin View Post
    I'm hearing it's already a done deal.
    Done deal? You mean they are hiring Marshall AND Miller ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      I have seen Alford to IU and Marshall to UCLA mentioned though.
      Gregg would get along famously with Papa Ball.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Crean to Illinois and Bennett to Indiana

Comment

I have seen Alford to IU and Marshall to UCLA mentioned though.
          UCLA is a better job, at least right now.

I know he's an alum and all, but he has a grat thing going at UCLA.
          The Assman

Comment

• Timing is perfect. Thank you Indiana for doing it this year.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Crean's made the S16 three times in the past six years, and he just got canned.

WSU certainly offers more security and loyalty than any P5 job ever will, and a Top 10 paycheck. Not sure that matters to Gregg, but whatever.
              I think this gets overlooked a lot. Not to say Marshall would ever be in a position to where he would have some inconsistent seasons, I just would hate to go to a school that's so quick to dismiss someone after a bad year or two. Just ridiculous.

I dunno, I just get less impressed with Indiana's basketball program year after year. Don't get me wrong. They're a great program with great support that does it basketball-first. But man, for all of the prestige and thumbing noses that happens with them, when was the last time they even made a Final Four? How many Final Fours have they had in the last 25 years? I count 1. What a "blueblood".
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                Crean to Illinois and Bennett to Indiana
                I could see this
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  I think this gets overlooked a lot. Not to say Marshall would ever be in a position to where he would have some inconsistent seasons, I just would hate to go to a school that's so quick to dismiss someone after a bad year or two. Just ridiculous.

I dunno, I just get less impressed with Indiana's basketball program year after year. Don't get me wrong. They're a great program with great support that does it basketball-first. But man, for all of the prestige and thumbing noses that happens with them, when was the last time they even made a Final Four? How many Final Fours have they had in the last 25 years? I count 1. What a "blueblood".
                  On top of that, they fired Crean after a year in which his team had 3 critical injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Crean's made the S16 three times in the past six years, and he just got canned.
                    Not to mention that he saved the program from the death penalty before that.

Weird place.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Gregg cares about championships! Does he think he can win one at WSU? Does he think it would be more likely at Indiana?
                      Well, he was about 45 minutes away from a championship a few years ago. He's also been a #1 seed here.

Sure, there is more margin of error at Indiana, but he's had some pretty good chances at NCAA success in the last 6 years.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'd think that at the top of IU's list would have to be Brad Stevens. Depends, of course, on whether Stevens is open to coming back to college.

I could see Alford going to IU. Williams left KU for UNC.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Well, he was about 45 minutes away from a championship a few years ago. He's also been a #1 seed here.

Sure, there is more margin of error at Indiana, but he's had some pretty good chances at NCAA success in the last 6 years.
                            I think he was about 3 minutes away from a championship. I still firmly believe that Louisville/WSU game was the de facto national championship game.

Comment

I heard rumors that both Marshall and Miller flew to Indiana yesterday in anticipation of this.

Just waiting for the first Indiana fan to point that out.

HHAHAHA!!! Miller doesn't have to fly. He could probably drive to In in less than an hour if he had a lead foot. I want to say it's not more than 100 miles. Bloomington is a little southeast (perhaps 50-60 miles).

I spent a LOT of time (and some winters) in Indy, Louisville and Cincinnati in the day. Probably the better part of 4 years of my life. I met a lot of nice people up there.

If any of you are going up there for the games and like really spicy shrimp cocktail sauce, stop by St. Elmo's. I would also recommend going there to eat, but IIRC, you have to make reservations WAAAAAYYYY in advance. The cocktail sauce is some of the hottest I've ever had. I don't know where they get the horseradish at, but it will certainly clean your sinuses out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                UCLA is a better job, at least right now.

I know he's an alum and all, but he has a grat thing going at UCLA.
                                UCLA might not look so rosy when Zach Brown owns Lonzo.

Comment

Working...
                                X