The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Korky60 View Post
    Breathe deeply. No one is going to pay 3g 3 million a year. And the buyout.
    Are you talking about 3G being able to buyout his contract? That is a relatively minor amount compared to the value of his contract or any contract he would likely be offered.

Obviously, WSU won't ever be buying him out at $15 million.

Should Wichita State fire Marshall without good cause (refusal to work, felony conviction, violation of NCAA rules, etc.) the university would owe him $15 million or the amount remaining on his contract,whichever is less. Should Marshall leave WSU, he will pay a buyout of $500,000, dropping each year until it reaches $200,000.

That said I'm not worried.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 13, 2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• No offense shoxlax, but this thread went off course, and it's now so asinine it needs to be put out of its misery.

Gah...

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        No offense shoxlax, but this thread went off course, and it's now so asinine it needs to be put out of its misery.

Gah...
        I guess so. How this thread got turned into a serious discussion is beyond me

Comment

• Texas has Rangers not Marshalls.

Comment

• Omg im so nervous. This is a done deal. I just know it.

-pin
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Are you talking about 3G being able to buyout his contract? That is a relatively minor amount compared to the value of his contract or any contract he would likely be offered.

Obviously, WSU won't ever be buying him out at $15 million.

That said I'm not worried.
              I'm assuming he meant the other way around. Marshall will want a buyout similar to WSUs .. Small if it's his choice, huge if it's the school. Not many schools will make that type of commitment.

That type of commitment is exactly what makes WSU a great job

Comment

• Sooo many fun quotes...

I'm not crazy about these coaches who negotiate the private planes for their family vacations, and stuff like that. Makes me wonder if they have lost their hunger a bit. You know, GM is making $3.2M in Wichita, so pay for your own flight already. But I've very aware that might be a minority opinion.
                Yeah, I understand these guys are coaching stars but I also get a big whiff of diva with that sort of thing.
                Yup, you are reading that right. Marshall is a Diva because he doesn't want to basically take a pay/benefits cut to make lateral move to coach all mighty Memphis

Comment

• Texas Tech is in El Effing Paso. Good luck luring another coach out there. They need to keep chasing "has been" coaches looking for a bounce back job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Texas Tech is in El Effing Paso. Good luck luring another coach out there. They need to keep chasing "has been" coaches looking for a bounce back job.
                    Lubbock.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      Omg im so nervous. This is a done deal. I just know it.

-pin
                      he ain't goin to TT

Comment

Lubbock.
                        Oh right, even worse. Literally a dust bowl in the middle of nowhere. Regardless, I went ahead and killed some brain cells by checking out their message board. The 3G talk was brought up and quickly squashed. They seem to have realistic expecations and are talking about promoting an assistant named Esposito. Probably their best option.

Comment

Lubbock.
                          Well, Dan's from Houston, and guys from Houston are like the Texas version of New Yorkers -- they figure Lubbock, El Paso, what's the difference? It's all flyover country.

Comment

• Sure are a lot of plates full of crow sitting around up in here. When will the Tiger fans be back to clean them up? They made the mess, they should clean it up.

Comment

• It's official Tubby to Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                                Sure are a lot of plates full of crow sitting around up in here. When will the Tiger fans be back to clean them up? They made the mess, they should clean it up.
                                Don't hold your breath.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X