• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone will be chasing after Cronin hard

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Someone will be chasing after Cronin hard
      Yes. If you catch him at the end of the rainbow you can steal his gold.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Looks like another one of those "no-brainer" landing spots for Marshall is going to not-so-shockingly hire a candidate several rungs below 3G.

Tell me if you've heard this story before.
        I figured he'd be interested in that job, but they'd never pay him enough to get him to actually go there.

Provided we improve our basketball conference situation, at this point there are about 9 jobs I see HCGM leaving for:

Duke
        UNC
        Florida
        Kentucky
        UCLA
        Indiana
        Villanova
        Louisville
        Arizona

Duke and UNC are only getting filled by people in their respective pipelines, so those are out.

Kentucky, UCLA, Villanova and Arizona aren't becoming vacant any time soon, so those are out too.

That leaves Florida, Indiana and Louisville.

I only include Florida because it's in Florida, but I don't see HCGM going there for two reasons: Salary isn't going to be enough and it's a football first school. You could also say it isn't going to open up soon either since they just hired Mike White.

So, we're down to Indiana and Louisville.

I know some of you are saying IU is out due to Bobby Knight hating them and talking HCGM out of going there, but I still think HCGM would be interested and would accept a call no matter what Bobby Knight told him. HCGM is cocky enough to think he could be the guy to return that program back to it's glory years and I wouldn't bet against him. But Archie Miller is probably getting this job if he wants it, so it's off the list too.

If HCGM doesn't go to Indiana, then we're all awaiting the year that Rick Pitino decides to finally step down. Even then, I'm betting Richard Pitino would be their first call.

So, after all that we all should be firm in our beliefs that HCGM is going to be here forever and we should stop worrying.
        Last edited by XManCometh; March 17, 2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
          Except Knight isn't a HUGE fan of IU Admin and just gave them the big FU on the possibility of coming back to coach IU. Don't think Knight will do IU any favors.
          You may have misunderstood, thunder -- the point was that a conversation with Knight would END any prospect of Marshall's going there (which I can't imagine this year anyway), not that it would bring him onboard.

Comment

• NC State off the board

"NC State has agreed to deal with UNC Wilmington coach Kevin Keatts, sources told ESPN. https://t.co/js0dM1c5zf "

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              NC State off the board

"NC State has agreed to deal with UNC Wilmington coach Kevin Keatts, sources told ESPN. https://t.co/js0dM1c5zf "
              That's how fast we are going to get our AAC invite too. Basically the moment the season ends

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                Yes. If you catch him at the end of the rainbow you can steal his gold.
                I've always thought he looked more Hobbit-like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  That's how fast we are going to get our AAC invite too. Basically the moment the season ends
                  Love your optimism, DS -- hopefully it's based on a heavenly transmittal by your late great Shocker semi-namesake, who now can see things that we can't. Maybe a powerful performance by WSU in the tournament will also help spur the AAC into action.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Love your optimism, DS -- hopefully it's based on a heavenly transmittal by your late great Shocker semi-namesake, who now can see things that we can't. Maybe a powerful performance by WSU in the tournament will also help spur the AAC into action.
                    I predict we will see an invite on April 4th

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      NC State off the board

Uhoh, UNCW is open. 😩🤣

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        Uhoh, UNCW is open. 😩🤣
                        Hire Moton, no brainer.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• Brad Underwood off to Illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                            Brad Underwood off to Illinois.
                            Wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              Brad Underwood off to Illinois.
                              Apparently OSU lowballed with a 1 mil contract and the option to renegotiate if they improved this year. The AD balked at actually renegotiating and Illinois offered 6 year at 3 mil a year. Can't blame him for that

Comment

• This time last year Underwood was making $400,000.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X