• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubbock or leave it!
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Apparently most people leave it!

Comment

• Mega lol at Memphis, what an embarrassing hire. Eddie Sutton and the crypt keeper must have been unavailable, but thank goodness the Tubster hadn't quite checked into the old folks' home yet.

The college basketball world is snickering at this one. Happy to watch them resume their search again 4 years from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Don't hold your breath.
          Well if they don't clean up their mess we all will have to hold our breath.

Comment

• Good morning all. I spent the last 2 weeks at an Amish sheep dairy. Could somebody give me a quick recap? kthanxbai
            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
              Good morning all. I spent the last 2 weeks at an Amish sheep dairy. Could somebody give me a quick recap? kthanxbai
              1. Marshall is the number 1 candidate and as good as gone to every coaching job opening in the country. That is until they hire someone else, then he wasn't even considered.

2. JH4P and Fever still like to bicker back and forth.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                I object that you consider the mothers of shockernet posters to be "petty and trivial".

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

I thought they had reached détente a few weeks back. I go back to nature for a few days and the whole world blows up. Dammit
                  One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Oh, and when do I get an apology from all the people who ripped me for saying Gregg Marshall wasn't going to take the Memphis job?
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                      Good morning all. I spent the last 2 weeks at an Amish sheep dairy. Could somebody give me a quick recap? kthanxbai
                      If you had been in Texas, the sheep would have been nervous, especially if you were wearing jack boots and coming at them from behind;)

Comment

• Missouri, but I suspect the sheep are just as nervous as the ones in College Station. Friendly people but there is a strong hint of shenanigans when the English aren't around.

Comment

• Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN · 1h1 hour ago

2 early names to keep an eye on for Texas Tech: North Florida’s Matt Driscoll (former Baylor assistant), Fresno’s Rodney Terry (ex-UT asst).

Comment

• I feel like the off season is young and there is still time for another school or two to claim Marshall.

I just wonder who they will be. Gotta love adding Memphis and Vanderbilt to the list. Has Texas Tech called yet?

Evansville? I heard simmons' name was in the running at a different school. Marshall would be a great fit at UE...

Has KSU fired Weber yet? I can't wait to hear KSU fans remind us how much better of a program they are so obviously Marshall is a done deal.

Comment

• I'm really hoping they go with Dan muller

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Oh right, even worse. Literally a dust bowl in the middle of nowhere. Regardless, I went ahead and killed some brain cells by checking out their message board. The 3G talk was brought up and quickly squashed. They seem to have realistic expecations and are talking about promoting an assistant named Esposito. Probably their best option.
                                C'mon now, you have to admit Lubbock isn't that bad, after all, it's 84% republican (according to statistics). Other than the semi-desert and dust storms, a lot of people who attend church there, so you have a long deep streak of religious conservatism. I think most Wichitans would like that.

Lastly, Tech is a Tier 1 research institution. How many universities in Kansas can claim that distinction?

Comment

Working...
                                X