The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BasketballJones188 View Post
    Worry no more, Shocker fans. I was told that negotiations and talks have ceased with Marshall. The breaking point for him was that Keelon Lawson (the 5 star Lawson's on the team's father) had to be included on staff like he was with Pastner. Marshall said nope. And it all halted there. I'm hearing we may go with Andy Kennedy at Ole Miss. Not a wow hire, but he knows the Memphis area well, and knows what type of coach it takes at Memphis. Having to deal with the player drama in Memphis, etc. Good luck next season!
    And you were one of the ass hats on the memphis board bragging about trolling over here, I guess trolling is something else you can do in memphis besides smoking crack, being constanlty featured on the first 48 and eating nasty ass dry rub bbq.

Hope you guy's enjoy whichever mediocre coach your school decides to hire, and good luck with your big 12 ambitions 😂😂
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Worry no more, Shocker fans. I was told that negotiations and talks have ceased with Marshall. The breaking point for him was that Keelon Lawson (the 5 star Lawson's on the team's father) had to be included on staff like he was with Pastner. Marshall said nope. And it all halted there. I'm hearing we may go with Andy Kennedy at Ole Miss. Not a wow hire, but he knows the Memphis area well, and knows what type of coach it takes at Memphis. Having to deal with the player drama in Memphis, etc. Good luck next season!
      marshall to ole miss!! Their fanbase better bring it, it's going to take a lot to convince me that hotty toddy is better than the low brass cheer.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
        And you were one of the ass hats on the memphis board bragging about trolling over here, I guess trolling is something else you can do in memphis besides smoking crack, being constanlty featured on the first 48 and eating nasty ass dry rub bbq.

Hope you guy's enjoy whichever mediocre coach your school decides to hire, and good luck with your big 12 ambitions 😂😂
        I don't post on the Memphis board

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post

I don't know about the rest of the post, but dry rub bbq?
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I kind of liked the Rendezvous in Memphis and the ducks at the Peabody hotel was pretty neat.

Comment

• There was never any doubt with this Memphis deal. Before long, we will hear Marshall say "they never even called me" like he did with Texas or "I will always listen if someone calls me, but it was only ever that."

Marshall will only go to Duke, North Carolina or Kentucky. Already turned down UCLA. Won't go to Kansas. It's as simple as that. And that's how good of a job WSU is. Sorry not sorry.

I could also see some kind of oddball scenario where he decides after a few more years at WSU to retire at a place like Randolph Macon, College of Charleston or Winthrop just for the freaking fun of it. Marshall isn't who you think he is.

Comment

Outside of a couple insecure posters named pinstripers and KC Shox, nobody was ever worried.

Anybody seen SadNews/SadFace lately? :(
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• And as predicted by pretty much anyone with half a brain, Memphis fans finally face reality and will be moving on like locusts to the ETSU boards.

Rinse and repeat.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    Once you account for vacated appearances, Memphis only went to 6 NCAA Tourneys in the 25 years prior to Calipari's arrival. Even including vacated appearances, they only went to 11 of 25.

Assuming that "anyone not named Josh Pastner" would succeed is silly. Wondering why their fans would greatly prefer Marshall over the alternatives is equally ridiculous.
                    If what you get out of this is that I'm wondering why their fans prefer GM then you are completely missing the point. And that's not what I wrote anyway. Also I said "almost anyone", not "anyone". Big difference.

Memphis has abundant local talent, talent which will stay at home, they play in a multi-bid league now, so they don't need a superstar coach to put their program back on solid footing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      And as predicted by pretty much anyone with half a brain, Memphis fans finally face reality and will be moving on like locusts to the ETSU boards.

Rinse and repeat.
                      I'd say more like crab lice, less like locusts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
                        Memphis has abundant local talent, talent which will stay at home, they play in a multi-bid league now, so they don't need a superstar coach to put their program back on solid footing.
                        CUSA received 17 bids in the 5 years prior to Calipari's arrival. Memphis was not a part of any of those 17. Memphis has played in strong conferences in the past. It doesn't guarantee success.

Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
                        I believe their expectation is that they roll out a solid, top 25 team every year.
                        In all honesty, just about any coach NOT named Josh Pastner would succeed at Memphis.
                        You act as if Josh Pastner has been the great exception to an otherwise impressive run. It is more like Calipari was the great exception to an otherwise mediocre run. If Memphis wants to be top 25 most years as you say, its going to take a better coach than your "just about any not named Josh" statement implies. Historically, an average year for Memphis is not spent in the top 25. If top 25 is their goal, they need a pretty high quality coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          If top 25 is their goal, they need a pretty high quality coach.
                          Or get back to cheating.

Comment

• Memphis fans are like
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• :)

Comment

• Memphis State is a nice BB school, has quite a bit of local talent, and is in a better conference than the MoVal. Those are the strong points.
                                However it is full of mud rats living in the ghetto with a horrific crime rate. Keep the "WSU on steroids" in the mud hole. It was insulting to WSU and the Marshall family to think Memphis was seriously on the radar.

However....WSU needs to do something about the current MoVal. Either force Elfin to make it stronger or use whatever influence exists to get the hell out of the Valley.
                                The conference affiliation is the weak point of WSU.
                                Last edited by Veritas; April 12, 2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X