The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    2 is the only one that can sway Marshall ... Well maybe 4, if they GIVE him Graceland
    Marshall could coach in one of Elvis' outfits.

Elvis' jets wouldn't cut it for Marshall's recruiting though.

TCB, baby.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• It'll cost 'em if they get him. And you all know what a run of skill AND luck it takes to get to the final weekend of the tourney. We hit a perfect storm. Should he take the job if even offered, he may never sniff another final four.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Marshall could coach in one of Elvis' outfits.

Elvis' jets wouldn't cut it for Marshall's recruiting though.

TCB, baby.
        the 'Lisa Marie' is on it's way to Wichita...

Comment

• Ok.

Nothing against Memphis, but the bottom line I keep thinking is that this move just isn't big enough for Marshall.

I just see him going to a blue blood, that's all.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• To be clear, HCGM has allegedly turned down SEC and PAC-12 offers but you are worried about Memphis? Whatever.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I am not worried. For 7 million reasons.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                I am not worried. For 7 million reasons.
                Name 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                  I'm down...but FedExForum the next year...
                  Since money is no object, why not go after Bill Self? I realize you want the best coach in the state, but Self is a really good second best get, even if he is pricier.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Since money is no object, why not go after Bill Self? I realize you want the best coach in the state, but Self is a really good second best get, even if he is pricier.
                    They could bargain-bin Hinson from SIU. He's clearly a better coach. They had an award for it and everything. They might even be able to pull off a deal similar to their own where some SIU folks would help pay the way.

Comment

• Here is my thought...until I see Paul Suellentrop get concerned, I am not concerned.

Comment

• Memphis State is a fine basketball program. Just believe if HCGM leaves WSU it will be for a much much better program than Memphis State.
                        Beside, Memphis as a city is freakin' muddy ghetto dump with a lot of mosquitos.

They are however in a much better conference than the MoVal, which could be the death of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          They could bargain-bin Hinson from SIU. He's clearly a better coach. They had an award for it and everything. They might even be able to pull off a deal similar to their own where some SIU folks would help pay the way.
                          I'm trying to be realistic. There's no way they steal the MVC Coach of the Year and bonafide scheduling genius from his perch, while he is sitting on top.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            I'm trying to be realistic. There's no way they steal the MVC Coach of the Year and bonafide scheduling genius from his perch, while he is sitting on top.
                            Plus... WAY too much competition in Memphis for his money maker .... The BBQ sauce

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              Memphis State is a fine basketball program. Just believe if HCGM leaves WSU it will be for a much much better program than Memphis State.
                              Beside, Memphis as a city is freakin' muddy ghetto dump with a lot of mosquitos.

They are however in a much better conference than the MoVal, which could be the death of us.

Just sayin'

Comment

• Memphis isn't on the list:

1. Alabama - already said no
                                2. Michigan - coach not going anywhere
                                3. Ohio State - coach not going anywhere
                                4. Oklahoma - coach not going anywhere (yet)
                                5. Texas - already decided he won't work for those dickheads
                                6. Florida St - not a traditional conference power
                                7. Penn St - ha! would be a good middle-of-the-pack valley team
                                8. LSU - this is one to think about, their coach is on the hot seat maybe after the Simmons debacle
                                9. Ole Miss - welcome to Cheaterville... no thanks Bubba.
                                10. A & M - can't see him going the Turgeon route. Especially to a place where the male cheerleaders like to grab their own nuts
                                11. Baylor - No. Waco is more remote than Wichita and aside from recent history, Baylor has been a league doormat
                                12. Duke - sure, who wouldn't?
                                13. Kentucky - ditto, even better situation
                                14. Arizona - Miller not leaving. It's hot in Tuscon and we know how much he loves to sweat it out
                                15. Kansas - KU hiring the WSU coach? Better chance of Hillary backing Trump for President
                                16. Indiana - always a possibility
                                17. Mich St - Izzo not leaving anytime soon
                                18. Syracuse - surprisingly, Boeheim is only paid about $2.5 million
                                19. Connecticut - apparently Geno is okay with the men's coach making more money. Not sure about more than double
                                20. Louisville - if they were going to fire Pitino they would have already done it
                                21. North Carolina - just like Ky and Duke1. Alabama - already said no
                                2. Michigan - coach not going anywhere
                                3. Ohio State - coach not going anywhere
                                4. Oklahoma - coach not going anywhere (yet)
                                5. Texas - already decided he won't work for those dickheads
                                6. Florida St - not a traditional conference power
                                7. Penn St - ha! would be a good middle-of-the-pack valley team
                                8. LSU - this is one to think about, their coach is on the hot seat maybe after the Simmons debacle
                                9. Ole Miss - welcome to Cheaterville... no thanks Bubba.
                                10. A & M - can't see him going the Turgeon route. Especially to a place where the male cheerleaders like to grab their own nuts
                                11. Baylor - No. Waco is more remote than Wichita and aside from recent history, Baylor has been a league doormat
                                12. Duke - sure, who wouldn't?
                                13. Kentucky - ditto, even better situation
                                14. Arizona - Miller not leaving. It's hot in Tuscon and we know how much he loves to sweat it out
                                15. Kansas - KU hiring the WSU coach? Better chance of Hillary backing Trump for President
                                16. Indiana - always a possibility
                                17. Mich St - Izzo not leaving anytime soon
                                18. Syracuse - surprisingly, Boeheim is only paid about $2.5 million
                                19. Connecticut - apparently Geno is okay with the men's coach making more money. Not sure about more than double
                                20. Louisville - if they were going to fire Pitino they would have already done it
                                21. North Carolina - just like Ky and Duke

Comment

Working...
                                X